Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I can understand her anger with this particular situation. She wasn't just hanging out playing a video game, she was attempting to prevent Diana from doing something they felt would probably get her killed or extremely hurt. So the stakes were kind of high. She challenged Diana at something she felt more than confident she would win and then she didn't. That's at least my take as to why she acted like she did.
    I think you are correct.

Also, it could also seem like Diana wins at everything she does, no matter how unused to it (unskilled/new to it) she may be. People who are good at most (everything?) can frustrate other people at times.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think you are correct.

Also, it could also seem like Diana wins at everything she does, no matter how unused to it (unskilled/new to it) she may be. People who are good at most (everything?) can frustrate other people at times.
    Yeah, Superhuman skill or something. Trying to beat someone who's one step ahead due to a super power would be incredibly frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, Superhuman skill or something. Trying to beat someone who's one step ahead due to a super power would be incredibly frustrating.
    Donna may also feel like she is the equal to Diana (at least in her mind) on some things, and she really thought that she would (easily) beat Diana. I can understand why she got frustrated when she did not.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Fantastic Member

Taylor's Diana might be awful, but he has done a very good job with Donna.

Armor Donna !

Astonishing Member

The art on this series has been incredible. I like this new guy even more than Reis and am very happy to see Donna treated like a warrior!

Concept of the armor by Lucas Meyer

"SO.... Now I can share my concept for this amazing Donna's armor! And yes, my initial idea,was the hair coming out of the helmet, but we went in a different direction."

https://twitter.com/lukmeyer30/statu...124394/photo/1
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

"SO.... Now I can share my concept for this amazing Donna's armor! And yes, my initial idea,was the hair coming out of the helmet, but we went in a different direction."

A little Iron Man, but okay .

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I don't want to see it all the time,...but I do kinda like it, lol.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

It's always fun to see how writers treat Wonder woman characters as so weak. They always need special suits or to be juyiced up in somebody else's power, in order to face any noteworthy opponent.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well she officially has an armor that can use to tkae down any of the Supers which is great. I wonder if they'll ever use it again (doubtit)

Her lasso has also gotten the best use out of this event which im shocked by

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-30-2024 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agreed, it looks like something Tony would make. If Cyborg is capable of this stuff, Victor should really be working for Steelworks, which is DC's equivalent of Stark Industries. You gotta admit that Steel is also basically a version of Iron Man - Natasha has a lot in common with Ironheart too (though of course in that case DC's character came first).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    It's always fun to see how writers treat Wonder woman characters as so weak. They always need special suits or to be juyiced up in somebody else's power, in order to face any noteworthy opponent.
    She was just fighting Black Adam and stopping Beast Boy as Starro by herself. She is not treated as weak in any form in this event.

They gave her a armor to speed things up against Kryptonians in a middle of a crisis where regular people where being gunned down by the government and they needed to act fast.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.