Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I personally hate it as i like a good Codename for 95% of my heroes
    I've always liked real name codenames...Donna Troy, Artemis, Emma Frost, Luke Cage, Amadeus Cho, Jessica Jones, Bishop, Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, Kate Pryde, Jean Grey, etc. it makes the fantasy world seem more varied and authentic.

Yara doesn't have to be Fury. I just used that one as an example.

If Tempest wasn't taken, I'd say use that. Maybe Typhoon or Whirlpool?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-19-2024 at 11:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The name Fury should be reserved for Cassie whenever she want to take it up, due to her past lightning lasso and her resemblance to Lyta Trevor
    I'm still holding out hope that Lyta Trevor can be brought out of limbo. I mean if Spider-Man can have an entire multiverse of characters, there should be a way to use Lyta Trevor -- and even Golden Age Wonder Woman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that Lyta Trevor can be brought out of limbo. I mean if Spider-Man can have an entire multiverse of characters, there should be a way to use Lyta Trevor -- and even Golden Age Wonder Woman!!!
    The primary reason for my resistance to Lizzie (besides me hating being force fed) is that she's not Lyta Trevor. If "everything happened" the way DC says, she shouldn't be off the table.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The primary reason for my resistance to Lizzie (besides me hating being force fed) is that she's not Lyta Trevor. If "everything happened" the way DC says, she shouldn't be off the table.
    She's e2 which is not part of WWs main history. On main Earth she wasn't WWs daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She's e2 which is not part of WWs main history. On main Earth she wasn't WWs daughter
    Stuff like that didn't keep Rachel Summers and Jean Grey from knowing each other and interacting, it shouldn't here either.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Stuff like that didn't keep Rachel Summers and Jean Grey from knowing each other and interacting, it shouldn't here either.
    I never said anything against that.

I think that’s pretty different. Rachel Grey is only 1 variant and only have 1. Jean just started really treating her nicely. It’s also hard to compare this to marvel because marvel didn’t mess up its continuity. But Lyta isn’t here and probably will never show up again.

Like Donna Troy and Artemis use their real names as codenames, she should drop Wonder Girl and just be called Yara Flor.

The name Fury should be reserved for Cassie whenever she want to take it up, due to her past lightning lasso and her resemblance to Lyta Trevor
    Yara using her regular name feels fitting for the Wonder Family.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-25-2024 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yara using her regular name feels fitting for the Wonder Family.
    Wouldn't be alot easier to just have yara grow to love the name? Like there's a reason there's so many GL and Flashs ect. Branding does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Wouldn't be alot easier to just have yara grow to love the name? Like there's a reason there's so many GL and Flashs ect. Branding does matter.
    I rather give her a mantle that makes her unique.

I don't mind her being WW but that works better in a Batman Beyond style take where she's the main WW. Otherwise she's better with her own mantle etc.

Wonder Girl would work better if she was 10-12 in the modern DCU and Cassie moved to another mantle.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-26-2024 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I think that’s pretty different. Rachel Grey is only 1 variant and only have 1. Jean just started really treating her nicely. It’s also hard to compare this to marvel because marvel didn’t mess up its continuity. But Lyta isn’t here and probably will never show up again.
    That may be true, however it doesn't count as a solid reason for it. In comics almost anything is possible. We recently had a storyline where Wonder Woman journeyed through several realms on her way back to life in her own. One of them could just as easily have been Earth 2 where she met Lyta Trevor and had an adventure.

I'm not asking for her to join the supporting cast, I only want a minimal interaction as an in canon acknowledgement that she exists somewhere, similarly to how they met in the first place in Wonder Woman #300.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    It's gone beyond that now, Yara's said a variation on "I'm not Wonder Girl!" too many times for her to gradually change how she feels about the name.

It doesn't matter anyway, she's a "Wonder Girl" whether she calls herself that or not.

That may be true, however it doesn't count as a solid reason for it. In comics almost anything is possible. We recently had a storyline where Wonder Woman journeyed through several realms on her way back to life in her own. One of them could just as easily have been Earth 2 where she met Lyta Trevor and had an adventure.

I'm not asking for her to join the supporting cast, I only want a minimal interaction as an in canon acknowledgement that she exists somewhere, similarly to how they met in the first place in Wonder Woman #300.
    lol but that is what you want though? Because Lizzie will be joining the Wonder Woman main cast as her daughter.

I wouldn’t mind seeing her exist as see how she’s received.

Lyta should definitely be acknowledged. I wish we could get that proposed Wonder Girls book by Jimenez.

And this time Yara and Lizzie can also be included.