Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Lyta should definitely be acknowledged. I wish we could get that proposed Wonder Girls book by Jimenez.

And this time Yara and Lizzie can also be included.
    Id be dissappointed for Nubia not to be included if Wonder Tot even makes the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Id be dissappointed for Nubia not to be included if Wonder Tot even makes the cut
    Well, Nubia is a Wonder Woman, though I guess Donna is no longer a girl either.

Not just that though, that image includes Wonder Tot who was never Wonder Girl, and 'Wonder Queen' who was never Wonder Girl either

Not just that though, that image includes Wonder Tot who was never Wonder Girl, and 'Wonder Queen' who was never Wonder Girl either
    I think that's supposed to be 3 versions of Donna (Titans, early Teen Titans and mid Teen Titans/Cardy), Drusilla, Fury, Wonder Tot and 2 versions of Cassie (Post-Crisis and New 52). Although you could cheat it and say Wonder Tot is Donna shortly after being found in the fire, but she didn't get a Wonder Girl toga that soon afterwards.

Astonishing Member

I'm all for a Wonder Girls series or mini-series. I doubt that pic by Jimenez was his actual vision for the series, but have no inside info. It was probably just a lark to include Wonder Tot, Druscilla and anyone else who I wouldn't expect to be a featured character.

Drusilla doesn't even exist in the comics does she? Isn't she just the Wonder Girl from the 70s TV show, which makes her an adaptation of Donna?

Yeah, in the Rebirth run after the roster change, Supergirl's ally Ben Rubel refers to Donna as Wonder Woman... and she doesn't correct him. She doesn't actively use a codename, but at this point that's basically what she is, a second Wonder Woman. Perhaps she should call herself that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Drusilla doesn't even exist in the comics does she? Isn't she just the Wonder Girl from the 70s TV show, which makes her an adaptation of Donna?
    She had cameos in the Infinite Crisis and some Wonder Woman 77 comics. There was also an Amazon named Drusilla in the Pre-Crisis continuity, but she wasn't Diana's sister.

Incredible Member

What are Yara's main personality traits?

I'm going to read her Homecoming trade and remember people saying she didn't leave much of an impression...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

I'm going to read her Homecoming trade and remember people saying she didn't leave much of an impression...
    She's cocky, irreverent, outspoken and finds humor in tense situations.

If you like Power girl you'll probably like Yara.

Shes a self absorbed Karen and its great. Also since shes an Idahoan, her accent probably sounds like Sarah Palins.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Incredible Member

Shes a self absorbed Karen and its great. Also since shes an Idahoan, her accent probably sounds like Sarah Palins.
    Iiiiiiiiinteresting LOL.

I read the first part of her trade - Homecoming - and was surprised Diana wasn't in it. Was she "dead" at the time?

The boyfriend at the beginning seemed to quickly become her squeeze...and then vanish as the story shifted to Eros, with no follow-up on him.

Her costume design didn't even get an explanation.

All in all a weird launch, though readable and making interesting use of Hera.

Really didn't enjoy Suddenly Annoying and Young Cassie, though.

Iiiiiiiiinteresting LOL.

I read the first part of her trade - Homecoming - and was surprised Diana wasn't in it. Was she "dead" at the time?
    Yup! In fact the 'multiverse road trip' arc was done in part because they wanted to wrap up Yaras first arc first.
    However the books delays because the artist was struggling with that pretty art style and managing deadlines because of it. Whiiiiiich lead to that weird and abrupt ending, the books final issue being an event tie in, and the runs partial purpose of establishing the Esquecida and settling them into the setting kinda...Fizzling.