View Poll Results: Superior Spider-Man by Dan Slott / What is your verdict?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-Stars His work is the best compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

30 29.70%
  • 4-Stars His work is above average compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

43 42.57%
  • 3-Stars His work is average compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

12 11.88%
  • 2-Stars His work is below average compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

8 7.92%
  • 1-Star His work is poor compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

8 7.92%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Superior Spider-Man by Dan Slott / What is your verdict?

As Amazing Spider-Man has just hit the stands last Wednesday. We say farewell to Dan Slott's "Doc Ock" version of Spider-Man. How did you guys like the overall run of Dan Slott's Superior Spider-Man.

I've read the first two volumes. At times it was creepy, I mean the way he was when he was with Mary Jane, that seemed messed up. But I loved the bad-assness of Doc Ock willing to go to the next level against villains. Although it is not in the core Peter Parker Spider-Man concept of taking a life right?

I think the series explored a lot of "what if" scenarios by having Spider-Man do all these things that are out of character and using Ock's mind to control his body basically. That's what the entire run does, what if he didn't pull his punches for example, what if he killed a villian, what if he stopped using ethics and morals and used a ends justify the means attitude. I thought it was fun to explore these things but it was also nice to see the series end and the way it ended too. It was a fun series and I'm glad to have every issues. I'll probably never part with this series.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

4/5 Star. Ending didn't live up to the series as it felt too rushed and I'm not convinced that Spock couldn't have done what Peter did to save the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    4/5 Star. Ending didn't live up to the series as it felt too rushed and I'm not convinced that Spock couldn't have done what Peter did to save the city.
    Agreed on the rating. Agreed that the ending felt rushed, but I DO get why Otto did what he did. Norman was getting under Otto's skin. Peter ended up getting under Norman's.

Fantastic Member

5 stars. 1 rushed, below average issue (31) and a couple of average ones (Goblin Nation) does not negate a year of pure A+ awesomeness. One of the best runs ever, Slott has cemented his position with the greats.

Lee, Conway, Stern, DeMatteis and Slott.

I really enjoyed Superior Spider-Man and thought it was a great idea. Having a Spider-Man that would do all the things Peter wouldn't. I also like how Otto brought a lot of changes to Peters life that he is now going to have to deal with. I do really feel he was superior to Peter, but while Ock was Superior, Peter is Amazing and each had their own way of taking on the responsibility of being Spider-Man. I voted for 4 stars although while I do consider his Spider-Man writing to be very good I don't consider him above a lot of DC writers at the moment.

BANNED

1 star.
    Otto is not worthy of being Peter or Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    1 star.
    Otto is not worthy of being Peter or Spider-Man.
    No, really?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Agreed on the rating. Agreed that the ending felt rushed, but I DO get why Otto did what he did. Norman was getting under Otto's skin. Peter ended up getting under Norman's.
    With you and Sardorim.

BANNED

This is what superhero comics ought to be. I've never read another superhero comic where the plot actually ADVANCED and the status quo actually CHANGED, this much and to this degree, in my life.

The Superior Spider-Man is literally the greatest thing to happen to Spider-Man comics since the end of the eighties.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Spot on.The last arc was too rushed,but overall,Superior Spider-Man was one of the greatest storylines of this decade.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    5 stars. 1 rushed, below average issue (31) and a couple of average ones (Goblin Nation) does not negate a year of pure A+ awesomeness. One of the best runs ever, Slott has cemented his position with the greats.

Lee, Conway, Stern, DeMatteis and Slott.
    Co-Signed,

oldschool

3 stars. After putting aside my hatred of the idea of the story aside finally, i read the series.

Thought it was just "ok"

I would say 3.5/4 stars. I was not onboard at first but I bought every issues and read every one. I found the ending rushed, I never really bought into Ock/Spidey as a character he just did not do it for me. I also found some issues to be just average.

Not as bad as I thought would be but it caught my attention more then I thought it would.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Truth.

Overall, I haven't enjoyed Spider-Man this much since the JMS administration. Doc Ock's always been my favorite villain, and it was fun watching him become my favorite hero, too.

Now that Peter's back in the saddle, though ... I'm out. It's been a lot of fun, Mr. Slott, but I'm out.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000