Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    - The Casey/Ladronn run is great.

- I also liked the Tischman/Kordey and Macan/Kordey Cable and Soldier X runs myself. Interesting stuff.

- The Cable/Deadpool series is great, then the Mike Carey X-men run where Cable was a member of Rogue’s team was also really good.

- Followed by Messiah Complex and the Duane Swiercynski Cable series.

After that, though? Trying to remember if there’s anything memorable.

- Personally I enjoyed Spurrier’s X-Force run, where Cable did the mutant CIA concept waaay better than Logan and Beast did in Percy’s X-Force run during the Krakoan era.

- Oh, and Avengers: X-Sanction is a fun lead-in to Avengers vs. X-men. It’s basically Cable taking on the Avengers and kicking their asses, illustrated by Ed McGuinness who draws a spectacular Nathan Summers IMO.
    For what it's worth, I still believe Larry Hama coulda been a contender had he been given more than one issue...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Incredible Member

Wow. That's pretty dope. Looks kind of Disney-fied.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Has there ever been an explanation as to why Scott, Jean, and the rest of X-Factor went from calling him Chris to Nathan? I know Claremont preferred Nathan and used that but it always bugged me that he was always baby Christopher in Simonson's run but that name never gets referenced after that. Scott and Jean start to only refer to him as Nathan as well in the 90s. Did they forgot all those years they called him Chris?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Has there ever been an explanation as to why Scott, Jean, and the rest of X-Factor went from calling him Chris to Nathan? I know Claremont preferred Nathan and used that but it always bugged me that he was always baby Christopher in Simonson's run but that name never gets referenced after that. Scott and Jean start to only refer to him as Nathan as well in the 90s. Did they forgot all those years they called him Chris?
    You answered it. Claremont took over as writer towards the end of that run and leaned into referring to him as Nathan Christopher

By the time Cable was retconned as that kid, it was shortened to just Nathan.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Story wise they called him Nathan cause Sinister wanted it and left a hypnotic suggestion since his real name is Nathaniel Essex. And because his full name was Nathan Christopher Summers
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You answered it. Claremont took over as writer towards the end of that run and leaned into referring to him as Nathan Christopher

By the time Cable was retconned as that kid, it was shortened to just Nathan.
    Story-wise, there was little reason to meddle with the name change. Especially since Claremont was the one who had Scott reveal he disliked the name from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Story wise they called him Nathan cause Sinister wanted it and left a hypnotic suggestion since his real name is Nathaniel Essex. And because his full name was Nathan Christopher Summers
    And that was a Claremont reveal rather than a Simonson one to go with his backstory for Sinister that he was really the little boy Nathan who was Scott's only friend at the orphanage. Scott even says in Inferno that he didn't like the name because it was the name of his "bully," which makes it even more odd how he reverts to using the name Nathan again by the end of X-Factor.