Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have him. Very cool looking, but the arms tend to come off quite easily.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I have him. Very cool looking, but the arms tend to come off quite easily.
    Very true with that line of figures from that company. I've had the torso come off putting him different poses lol. But once set, it's my favorite.

Speaking of action figures... I've always felt that this dude looked just like Cable, which was probably the point when he was created, to be a ripoff of him...

Rob Liefeld Action Figures For Bloodstrike And Bloodwulf For 2024
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...wulf-for-2024/

I went ahead and ordered the Bloodstrike one, as I think he looks dope. My plan is to either put a Cable head on him, or just remove the ponytail and paint the left eye yellow, making him either a Cable without his T-O virus (or hiding it telekinetically) or a reformed Stryfe trying to be a hero for a change.

Awhile back I kind of thought that, in the Krakoan age at least, a cool way to keep Kid Cable around while also giving classic Nathan fans something fun would have been to resurrect Stryfe -- who we all know is a clone of Cable without the T-O virus -- and this version has had a lot of the trauma of his childhood (and being raised by Apocalypse) removed from his memories. So even though he knows he's a clone of the real deal, he strives to be a hero and make up for what the previous version of him has done. Something like that. Then you get a buddy book with Kid Cable and this reformed Stryfe both, kind of like what Nicieza's Cable series is doing right now actually.

At any rate, that's how I think I might approach this figure.

Here's hoping in this new Era OG Nate gets his own book and a new purpose and leads a strike force. I feel like over the years the writers ran out of ideas for him. I pray Hope and Kiddie Cable is involved some way.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Yeah, to me it really feels like Cable started to suffer when they distanced him from the core X-line and even the Marvel Universe as a whole by leaning into him as a time traveler more so than as a character. It would be like if every single Wolverine story dealt with Weapon X or something. It's just one facet of his character... and not even the most interesting one IMO.

Once his mission to stop Apocalypse's ascension was completed in the late 90s, it's like they didn't know what to do with him anymore. So rather than lean into what made him popular in the first place -- leading an important X-team, being a core part of the X-line and appearing in the big crossovers and events, interacting with the present day Marvel U -- they leaned into him as, first, Hope's protector jumping around in time, which admittedly was pretty good, and then later as a "time cop" which was not good at all.

If they want Cable to be an A-lister again, or even a B-lister which is probably more achievable in today's comic market, they just need to get back to basics with the character.

More Scot Eaton Cable goodness from Fabian’s X account…

https://twitter.com/FabianNicieza/st...72634444177554

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    More Scot Eaton Cable goodness from Fabian’s X account…

https://twitter.com/FabianNicieza/st...72634444177554
    Just a sketch or a upcoming Book??
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

From the fourth and final issue of the current Cable mini.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The Cable and Storm friendship seems to have been forgotten.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-17-2024 at 09:20 PM.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The Cable and Storm friendship seems to have been forgotten.

https://i.imgur.com/EXD7x1g.jpg
    I know, right?! I loved their friendship, especially when it affected the rest of her relationships with her teammates. For example, don't forget X-Men '96:
    when Storm just stood in the background while struggling to choose which side to take during the war of words between Logan & Nathan.

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-18-2024 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fantastic Member

Really hope that Cable ends with an X-Force team again. I am a little tired of the "lone wolf" thing he's been doing for the last few years. I think he works best when part of an ensemble.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Really hope that Cable ends with an X-Force team again. I am a little tired of the "lone wolf" thing he's been doing for the last few years. I think he works best when part of an ensemble.
    Or he can be on any X-Team. CC put him on his Uncanny team. I thought he wrote him pretty good and it worked out well.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! I loved their friendship, especially when it affected the rest of her relationships with her teammates. For example, don't forget X-Men '96:
    when Storm just stood in the background while struggling to choose which side to take during the war of words between Logan & Nathan.

I forgot about that one. I always love your scans.

Image of our boy Nathan from the Heir of Apocalypse mini coming out this summer...

I find myself really hoping he wins the tournament and claims the mantle of Heir. They need to do something new with Cable to refresh him or something, as they don't seem to know how he fits in anymore with the main X-line. He's always running around doing ancillary stuff and nothing core anymore. Maybe this is how they could reinvigorate the character with a big status quo shift that puts him back in the thick of things?