Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Much better.
    The gloves and mask are definitely an improvement. The cowl doesn't work without the long hair.

Incredible Member

Much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The gloves and mask are definitely an improvement. The cowl doesn't work without the long hair.
    Different strokes for different folks. I'm not of the perspective of female characters needing long hair as beautifying trait and Selina is most definitely a character where short hair seems in character and still low maintenance sexy. I will say that particular style of cowl does nothing to conceal identity and it basically just ornamental...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Just the addition of the whip wrap creating a belt effect works wonders...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Different strokes for different folks. I'm not of the perspective of female characters needing long hair as beautifying trait and Selina is most definitely a character where short hair seems in character and still low maintenance sexy. I will say that particular style of cowl does nothing to conceal identity and it basically just ornamental...
    ...at this point does she need to hide her identity? EVERYONE knows she's catwoman.

I don't think she needs long hair, I'm talking in relation to wearing the 90's suit where she did have long hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ...at this point does she need to hide her identity? EVERYONE knows she's catwoman.
    Mask is for style at this point. Where else is she going to wear the cat ears?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Is it not weird? Namedropping Rex Calabrese? https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Rex_Calabrese_(Prime_Earth)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post

Is it not weird? Namedropping Rex Calabrese? https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Rex_Calabrese_(Prime_Earth)
    I like it, since they went with Falcone for her actual dad and executed the best type of story for that, and thus Rex acts more as just another mobster in the backstory, albeit one with an apparently better reputation than others.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Is Rex currently her in-canon dad comics-wise?

I honestly prefer her bio dad not be a crime boss.

Incredible Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    *If* that Caped Crusader cartoon leak was real, this is a better realization of the Purple Dress design than what we saw in those “leaks.”

Most of my opinion comes from the stylistic differences between the two images - this one has a “sharper” and sleeker look for her (which comes from the Bronze Age version of this costume, lacking the belt from earlier) and uses shadows more than highlights for depth.

I also think that any long-hair design does better when it feels more like a “mane” than a haircut.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Cute .
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    *If* that Caped Crusader cartoon leak was real, this is a better realization of the Purple Dress design than what we saw in those “leaks.”

Most of my opinion comes from the stylistic differences between the two images - this one has a “sharper” and sleeker look for her (which comes from the Bronze Age version of this costume, lacking the belt from earlier) and uses shadows more than highlights for depth.

I also think that any long-hair design does better when it feels more like a “mane” than a haircut.
    It might look better in actual animation and in action.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

The Caped Crusader Catwoman leaked design features an uncharacteristic smile that makes her look more like a school teacher playing dress up for halloween at school or just poorly capped teeth, rather than the typical mischievous smirk. Selina looks the opposite of fierce.

The Caped Crusader Catwoman leaked design features an uncharacteristic smile that makes her look more like a school teacher playing dress up for halloween at school or just poorly capped teeth, rather than the typical mischievous smirk. Selina looks the opposite of fierce.
    I thought it was a winning smile myself...