Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1502

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...86441007456506

wow... SPEECHLESS. I need to re-watch the episode right now.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...86441007456506

wow... SPEECHLESS. I need to re-watch the episode right now.

what did he say? it's gone.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Heard Jodie Turner-Smith bandied about with positive reax for a MCU Storm casting. Not familiar with her beyond her marriage to (almost BATMAN) Joshua Jackson, but seems worth a gander...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

God I hope they don't go with Jodie Turner-Smith.

She proposed to Pacey from Dawson's Creek, Ororo would never for a man.

And besides, Anna Diop and Kiki Layne are right there.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    good bc this comparison is off-putting to me and it's going to rub ppl the wrong way. I can see why he was fired.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    good bc this comparison is off-putting to me and it's going to rub ppl the wrong way. I can see why he was fired.
    I mean look, he got a little carried away, but I'm sure his heart was in the right place.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I mean look, he got a little carried away, but I'm sure his heart was in the right place.
    I get being carried away but this is him being on a flying carpet.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

What does her personal life have to do with anything?? Turner-Smith is a real-life goddess!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It was just the pic of George Floyd and the gif next to each other. But it was so obvious and still flew past my head.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    What does her personal life have to do with anything?? Turner-Smith is a real-life goddess!

Anyone with eyes can see she's beautiful, that's all well and good, but give me an actress I can root for and not cringe at.

I Low-key forgot to post my comment lol, BUT BOYYY, I've been rewatching episode 6 so much today, That costume Change giving Maddylyne a run for her money cause Ro put on a whole show and aerial runway, I dont think there's much i can say that hasn't already, but i can't wait till Storm Shows returns to the team and fucks up Sinister and his Sentinals in her Fallen Brothers name,

Im starting to think they killed Magneto not because it was required for the story per se, but given Storm would eventually get her powers back, there's not much any could do in the path of a Scorned Storm and Magnus, There just too dangerous together, so as one Omega rises the other must fall I guess

"Goddess be Praised"

Niffleheim

Anyone with eyes can see she's beautiful, that's all well and good, but give me an actress I can root for and not cringe at.
    Agreed. I have seen her interviews and her social media and broad appeal is not her forte.

And I'm not sure if i said this before or anyone else on this forum, but i think Storm and Sinister are better suited as arch-enemies rather than Scott/Jean, there each other antithesis he perverts all he holds in his conquest to fashion a legion of genetically perfected mutants and a perfect body with longevity and power for himself, in doing so he perverts the very laws of nature, while on the flip side ororo is one with it, a Bastion of Creation and Balance, representing the Mortal and ethereal existence,

she wields the Instruments of Creation and binds herself with it, acting as one, While he is Beholden to become the "Creator" no matter how ill his ways will be, they're perfect for each other, they just fit better, to me at least

"Goddess be Praised"

I loved seeing her hair grow out and her old school costume manifest from the air, seeing all her powers return, but as much as I have been enjoying this series, this episode let me down a bit. I accept that it was my own lofty expectations, but as much as I enjoyed LifeDeath part 1 in condensing Ororo and Forge's initial meeting, this episode sort of dropped the ball for me.

The main part about Storm's powerless period was showing us Ororo is dangerous without her powers. And that period went on for YEARS, even leading the X-Men using her strategic mind and grit alone(the scream I would have scrumpt if they had powerless Storm challenge Cyclops for leadership of the team... and beat him!). I knew they weren't going to do ALL of that, and they were going to rush back to her powers, but I had hoped that in this episode we would at least get a glimpse of that potential. I really wanted her to slaughter a horde of demons with a knife on the way to the top of a magic mountain.

I was also hoping for at least a nod to the Bright Lady stuff from Fall of the Mutants.

ororogoddessinvocation.jpg

So, while the episode we got wasn't horrible, by any means, it wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping for. And the Charles/Lilandra stuff kinda stole the episode, which I also didn't like. As fast as the Inferno/Maddie stuff moved, it kinda hit all the right spots and still served the characters. I wanted that for all this, and they really didn't give me it. I'm still very pleased with this show, but I wanted more from this episode.

(end rant, I did appreciate the owl skinwalker design for Adversary, and I did love seeing her powers back in epic fashion, I just wanted more character development before we got there....)

As for that page in Duggan's mess, I guess it was cool. We all knew she could do that sort of thing, but it's good to see it finally on the page. Not sure if she was moving faster than lightspeed, I'd say even a high fraction of lightspeed would make interplanetary travel feasible, but the solar wind doesn't move faster than light, nor even in that direction(towards the sun), but whatever, it's cool.

Thank Lord Ewing for being the first to show her traveling in her own personal atmosphere from the space station down to Mars/Arrako. Duggan having her travel from Earth to Mercury is a nice expansion. For context, the distance between the planets varies between 48 and 138 MILLION miles, which at lightspeed would take a little under 6 minutes. (But where is Magneto? I assume her coming from Earth is in reference to the end of RoM, where they come through Blue Marvels base in the Mariana Trench. He should be with her.)
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-17-2024 at 07:21 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I supported Kiki, but the way Charlize Theron outclassed her in The Old Guard.....nah.

She just lacks the acting gravitas. I've been trying not to give Jodie the lead, but honestly she's far more well rounded.

I really like Diop, but fair or not I wish she were taller....and not in other stuff already. Although TBF Chris Evans was Human Torch.