Page 74 of 103 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1540

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Bobby energy projection is bigger.
    Well I think it's established that Bobby does generate energy by sheer force of will now for his ice ability. Then again, Storm does generate bio electricity as well via her mutant metabolism as established by Claremont so I can see a basis for giving her some energy stats. Gotta love comic science. In the end it doesn't matter I guess. Storm's uber powerful whether she has a 6 or 7 or energy stats. That's why so many are pressed about her in this era.

I really liked this version of LifeDeath. Forge came across as very attractive. And the Adversary redesign SLAPS! So good. Definitely a little different from the comic, but still very satisfying. I can't wait to see how they wrap this up in LifeDeath2, which I guess will somehow adapt the Fall of the Mutants. This show is really working for me, I am so impressed.

As for the card and the ratings, who cares? It's the same numbers as the OG card. Technically Storm really only channels ambient energies, so if they want to say she's not really energy projecting herself, whatever. We all know she's incredible; I don't need a number to figure that out.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Bobby energy projection is bigger.
    Lol, scientifically speaking Bobby shouldn't be project anything, as cold is the absence of heat. So technically, Bobby is absorbing heat, not projecting cold.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I really liked this version of LifeDeath. Forge came across as very attractive. And the Adversary redesign SLAPS! So good. Definitely a little different from the comic, but still very satisfying. I can't wait to see how they wrap this up in LifeDeath2, which I guess will somehow adapt the Fall of the Mutants. This show is really working for me, I am so impressed.

As for the card and the ratings, who cares? It's the same numbers as the OG card. Technically Storm really only channels ambient energies, so if they want to say she's not really energy projecting herself, whatever. We all know she's incredible; I don't need a number to figure that out.

Right, Cause When Forge said " i could live forever, and still my endless imagination, would never conceive of a thing as perfect as you", i would have folded on the spot

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Right, Cause When Forge said " i could live forever, and still my endless imagination, would never conceive of a thing as perfect as you", i would have folded on the spot

Child that's how you know Ororo always got the juice. How you got this man ready to plead undying love and making you his famous chili and you just slap his ass LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Child that's how you know Ororo always got the juice. How you got this man ready to plead undying love and making you his famous chili and you just slap his ass LOL.
    Lol, for good reason, but Ororo's penchant for attracting the finest suitors and men is eternal, no matter how questionable and janky their moral compass may be. the will it must take not to fall for some of the men she unknowingly bewitched with her beauty

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Well I think it's established that Bobby does generate energy by sheer force of will now for his ice ability. Then again, Storm does generate bio electricity as well via her mutant metabolism as established by Claremont so I can see a basis for giving her some energy stats. Gotta love comic science. In the end it doesn't matter I guess. Storm's uber powerful whether she has a 6 or 7 or energy stats. That's why so many are pressed about her in this era.
    but they said she has 1 in energy projection.

I keep trying to get my hands on one of these but sold outScreenshot_20240403_170246_Facebook.jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Couldn’t make a good image of it but here are the stats

Energy projection-1

Mental Powers-6

Strength-2

Fighting Ability-4

Intelligence-3

Using her mutant ability to control weather, Storm can summon hurricane-force winds and rain, fire intense bolts of lightning and fly on breezes of her own creation. In the past, Storm was a thief on the streets of Cairo and was worshipped as a goddess of the wind in East Africa. More recently, she served simultaneously on the Quiet Council of Krakoa and the Great Ring of Arakko.

Xtra Fact- At any given time, Storm has various blades hidden on her person-sometimes up to eight at once!

For that energy stat there are no words to describe how insulting that is
    They damn near kept this exactly the same as the 1991 card (like 2 sentences are updates) -__-…like we get a reminder of the bioelectricity in the Nocenti mini from last year and its still a 1 EP? And an omega and her MP is still a 6? And how her FA is still a 4, inspite of all of the growth in training, skill showings, and accomplishments?! Ugh come on Marvel…

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I keep trying to get my hands on one of these but sold outScreenshot_20240403_170246_Facebook.jpg.
    i honestly dont remember the last time they were in stock, and its been months

But, one day, Imma get this
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post

Some hot native American guy takes me to his off the grid wild west cabin, serves me some free range buffalo chili and cornbread, pours me some wine, takes me horseback riding, and talks me up like that, we gettin' married. Straight up. Then come to find out he made weapons for the government? Weapons that took my powers away? Oh, the heartache!!! Talk about pulling the rug out from under you.

but they said she has 1 in energy projection.
    1 basically means zero by the trading card reasoning. Characters like Wolverine, Warpath, Beast etc all have a 1 for energy projection. It's just a way of saying they don't project any kind of energy at all. The Marvel Cerebro Scan cards really chose to put more emphasis and focus on the mental power aspects of Storm's abilities, hence the rating. As has already been said, it's not a big deal. It's just a card. Fun for discussion, but I don't think it needs to be thought about deeper beyond that when it comes to the actual comic.
    Last edited by Saturius; 04-03-2024 at 07:37 PM.

BTW, I quite liked this subtle line Ororo threw out:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.49.57 PM.jpg

Translation: "You're Native American, and making weapons for powerful white people? You should've known better."

Translation: "You're Native American, and making weapons for powerful white people? You should've known better."
    My favorite line and reading of the episode! I was SHOOK when she said that! Alison did that!

Not only because he's a Native American, but one Who served in the war and lost his leg and Hand, so that line was not only referring to his creed but his prior vocation and the horrors he's faced, because a lot of soldiers who came back from the war were pretty much left to deteriorate and die alone or spiral in bouts of mental trouble, especially if they weren't white, he's faced scorn no matter if he proved useful to them or not, and given how freaking smart he is, and still doing what he did was bloody infuriating

idk that's just my two cents
    "Goddess be Praised"