Page 17 of 100 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Yes, just as you have ignored Ewing explaining that Ororo as the Avatar of Life is a goddess.

Lastly, I don't need to highlight anything, when Ewing through his narration can do much better:

Mutant. Leader. Queen. Omega.

now pay close attention to this next part because it's the part you keep ignoring

GODDESS.

So many layers I have discovered in myself. Each one waiting within the next.

Wonder why he didnt include "avatar" after goddess????

Good night!!!
    I am not ignoring it, using the proper context. You keep ignoring everything else to illustrate a point Ewing isn't using to make a point about a story that is irrelevant. That scene you just showed isn't about Storm acknowledging all the roles she played. That page is about the death of all of that. She calls it "spiritual vivisection." You are allowed to focus on what you want and ignore everything else Ewing is saying but you don't get to ignore the story and journey she is going through.

I am done after this. You have a good rest of your night.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 01-27-2024 at 08:52 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    How exactly is it better,
    It applies to the story Ewing is telling and fits in with Ashake's point and the next pages coming up.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I will say this...while Coates brought some validity to the whole "is she or isn't she a Goddess?" issue...I don't think Lord Ewing sees it/her in quite the same capacity and context. When he uses the term "Goddess" it seems to have a different connotation, for him her divinity is nothing like what Coates had in mind or rather, its meaning has evolved far beyond and deeper than what he intended.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I found this scene particularly interesting because as she fell, those titles were being stripped away in the vivisection. When she said "...but what am I at the core?" I was like ok yeah, Ewing is taking us deep. He said the next issue is Magneto focused so I'm interested in seeing the contrast between their journeys.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I found this scene particularly interesting because as she fell, those titles were being stripped away in the vivisection. When she said "...but what am I at the core?" I was like ok yeah, Ewing is taking us deep. He said the next issue is Magneto focused so I'm interested in seeing the contrast between their journeys.
    This will be an interesting mini.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

But he highlighted his hadari yao title in SWORD. Consolidated storm as the avatar of life, and the avatar of life is destined for cosmic balance.
    Who is the goddess of balance of all natural things? Hadari Yao

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Umm I don't think you read my comment correctly. Ashake is a character Claremont introduced, Claremont established her mystical heritage, established that it goes back to the dawn of humanity, established Maat's blessing. Coates has nothing to do with any of this regardless of how much praise you want to give him. Ewing is the one giving us this moment and he is still ignoring Coates, which he has done this entire run.
    Yes, but the entire concept of ororo's divinity was purely hyperbolic until then, due to the nature of her powers. This was highlighted in some comics, including uncanny x-men #147

Chris Hassan:

Tomorrow's #XMenMonday, featuring the always-amazing Al Ewing, is ready to go. BUT, I haven't secured eXclusive art yet.

And as I've seen many kind X-Fans say the only good thing about X-Men Monday is the art, this won't be live at the usual time. So, you know, sleep late!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    But he highlighted his hadari yao title in SWORD. Consolidated storm as the avatar of life, and the avatar of life is destined for cosmic balance.
    He highlighted all her titles, not just that one all of them. The avatar of life is a teacher that brings life. That's what she's doing with magneto not the Coates silliness.

The trolls have been showing out on Twitter all week. I'm about to come out my good hair.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yes, but the entire concept of ororo's divinity was purely hyperbolic until then, due to the nature of her powers. This was highlighted in some comics, including uncanny x-men #147
    exactly. it's really silly to even argue at this point. these folks are well aware no one considered her a real God until Coates run and to act like Ewing is doing something completely different when he himself said she was going to have the goddess cred Coates gsve her and because he is putting his on spin to what her godhead looks like is just a form of gaslighting. but you're absolutely correct in all your points beloved.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    The trolls have been showing out on Twitter all week. I'm about to come out my good hair.
    omg ewing really hit a hornets next because the girls are livid honey lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    The most recent crop of them have been Emma stans. Take with that information what you will.

I read RoM and I enjoyed it over all. I have always enjoyed the way Ewing writes Storm and I look forward to the next issue.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

For some reason 98% of the Storm hate comments I've seen come from someone with an Cyclops avatar... the other 2% are usually Rogue avatars. Wanda fans are 50-50...