Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    My opinion is that anyone who doesn't stand in awe of Ororo's power has never truly been at nature's mercy. If you've lived through a flood, a tropical storm, a tornado, etc., you understand what this lady can do, and tremble at the thought.
    Tumblr - Eye of the Storm

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As much as I love Marvel's What if...? The words "Might" and "May" do not really inspire interest. And is it the MCU or rather the MAU? I guess you could tangentially equate the two but they have been very distinct from each other regarding the stories they tell/are telling.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Was just reminded on Twitter that Jill Scott beauty-fully voiced Storm in the Black Panther Animated series...ep.5 and 6.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-19-2024 at 02:54 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    I Do like how Nimrod is focusing all of his attention on Ororo, (for good reason) and isn't even phased by Scott's blast, I'm so excited, it's been ages since we had an Ororo and Scott team-up
    What is this in reference to? Is there a panel or preview showing these two battling Nimrod?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

So. Beau DeMayo said Storm is arguably the most powerful and dangerous member of Xmen97 and the girls (I won't say who) are on twitter losing their marbles.

Like. You can tell who just started getting into the X-Lore. It's painful.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    So. Beau DeMayo said Storm is arguably the most powerful and dangerous member of Xmen97 and the girls (I won't say who) are on twitter losing their marbles.

If the statement only refers to situation in X-men '97, wouldn't "X-lore" only be restricted to what has been shown and established within said cartoon's continuity, wheras all comic based lore can't be directly applied and only used as reference or comparison?

Similar we would have to compare only within the established team of this specific cartoon, which would mean Wolverine, Storm Gambit, Rogue, Beast, Xavier, Cyclops, Jean and Jubilee and again based on what has been shown or demonstrated within the confines of their continuity.

So in terms of magnitude of what these characters can do with their powers, the title of "most powerfull/dangerous" would only be a contest between Storm, Jean Grey and Xavier.

And here it's up to those who have actualy watched the show to decide who they would consider the top of these 3.

I mean that's obvious lol I can't imagine the opposing arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I mean that's obvious lol I can't imagine the opposing arguments.
    I mentally checked out when someone said Rogue, Gambit and Logan could take her out as if this version of Storm wasn't tossing buildings and one shotting nimrod. ��
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    If the statement only refers to situation in X-men '97, wouldn't "X-lore" only be restricted to what has been shown and established within said cartoon's continuity, wheras all comic based lore can't be directly applied and only used as reference or comparison?

Similar we would have to compare only within the established team of this specific cartoon, which would mean Wolverine, Storm Gambit, Rogue, Beast, Xavier, Cyclops, Jean and Jubilee and again based on what has been shown or demonstrated within the confines of their continuity.

So in terms of magnitude of what these characters can do with their powers, the title of "most powerfull/dangerous" would only be a contest between Storm, Jean Grey and Xavier.

And here it's up to those who have actualy watched the show to decide who they would consider the top of these 3.
    Well you see, when you have people saying Gambit, Logan and Rogue could take her .......
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

I mentally checked out when someone said Rogue, Gambit and Logan could take her out as if this version of Storm wasn't tossing buildings and one shotting nimrod. ��
    I just checked and saw that tweet... he's a whole fool! lol I'm glad people are "correcting" his ignorance.

post the link to the tweet cause I just wanna laugh at the replies to his ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Was just reminded on Twitter that Jill Scott beauty-fully voiced Storm in the Black Panther Animated series...ep.5 and 6.
    Jill Scott's Ororo is my favorite voice. She brought the rich African accent and warmth that no other voice actors have utilized. Iona Morris is my second favorite(the OG TAS Storm), she had a regal quality that I loved. Alison I will make due with, but her version was grating to me in Iona's absence back in the day, but I guess I came to accept it over time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

TAS Storm was monstrously powerful. Throwing a building at Juggy. Soloing the Brotherhood in a tornado. Basically soloing Nimrod after it dusted the rest of the team. Taking down Genosha's infrastructure with the flood. Basically soloing the Hellfire Inner Circle(other than Jean). Stopping a huge tidal wave, saving NYC. Fixing the artificially distorted weather on AN ENTIRE PLANET in the Arkon episode(that feat was greater than the comics version). She was a BEAST! I mean, only Dark Phoenix Jean can compare in the TAS cast.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the girls are shook. storm was trending on twitter and ororo getting her proper due has some of the other fanbases insecure. bless their hearts.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Jill Scott's Ororo is my favorite voice. She brought the rich African accent and warmth that no other voice actors have utilized. Iona Morris is my second favorite(the OG TAS Storm), she had a regal quality that I loved. Alison I will make due with, but her version was grating to me in Iona's absence back in the day, but I guess I came to accept it over time.
    loved Jill Scott's interpretation of the character!!! saw her tweet where she wrote down as a young girl she wanted to be storm of the xmen. then years later it happened!! there's a message there and I love it all!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!