Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1552
    Fantastic Member

I will be forever thankful for what Hickman and Ewing did with Storm. For Hickman for confirming what we already knew that she is and has always been an Omega level mutant, and for Ewing for continuing the vision that Claremont had for her which was to be the most powerful female character. Because of what those two have done for Storm these past few years, it’s taken Storm to heights that have never been explored and reminded a whole new generation just how important and amazing she is as Marvel Character. Her power can never be denied now and the people who have been hating on her for years will just have to swallow the bitter pill that she will always win.

“I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Queen, a GODDESS. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.”
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Azazel, Callisto, Lady Deathstrike, and more X-men fox Mutants were seen in the Wolverine and Deadpool Trailer, it is also rumored that Xavier, Jean, Storm and Scott, will also make cameos in the movie, i also did see there are supposed to be 14 cameos in total
    "Goddess be Praised"

Fantastic Member

I think a powerful feat Storm can pull off that’s never been used is to gather an inert gas like Helium around her target in an isolated atmosphere. Since it has no color, taste, or smell they wouldn’t notice anything has even changed before they pass out. It’s kinda like what she did with Silver Surfer but without the explosion.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Storm can just make anyone with reasonable animalistic biology pass out instantly by messing with their electrons in their nervous systems.

stormsinister1.jpg

stormsinister.jpg

knocksoutsoldiers.jpg

It's an OP move that she doesn't pull out often, but it's right there.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I will be forever thankful for what Hickman and Ewing did with Storm. For Hickman for confirming what we already knew that she is and has always been an Omega level mutant, and for Ewing for continuing the vision that Claremont had for her which was to be the most powerful female character. Because of what those two have done for Storm these past few years, it’s taken Storm to heights that have never been explored and reminded a whole new generation just how important and amazing she is as Marvel Character. Her power can never be denied now and the people who have been hating on her for years will just have to swallow the bitter pill that she will always win.

“I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Queen, a GODDESS. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.”
    I agree though I like to throw duggan in there too
    If not for marauders the baby story Hickman was planning may have gone through or rather storm may not have had a place if it had not fallen through.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

When Facebook and Reddit users are mad and call her just an overpowered DC character now.... So they had no problem when she was getting the end of the stick.. Now the spotlight is on her it's a problem.

I'm curious on what the new Storm solo will be like. Especially after the writer got dragged on twitter for her Mohawk and suit.

Fantastic Member

What new Storm Solo? Didn’t she just get a solo?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    What new Storm Solo? Didn’t she just get a solo?
    Mini series solo
    Storm and brotherhood of mutants was a limited series

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    When Facebook and Reddit users are mad and call her just an overpowered DC character now.... So they had no problem when she was getting the end of the stick.. Now the spotlight is on her it's a problem.

I'm curious on what the new Storm solo will be like. Especially after the writer got dragged on twitter for her Mohawk and suit.
    Huh, are we talking about that solo where Storm was depicted like a child and in a fight with Kitty all the time? That solo? Man, that was a terrible story and such a wrong depiction of Storm who is always assertive and in control of her emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Huh, are we talking about that solo where Storm was depicted like a child and in a fight with Kitty all the time? That solo? Man, that was a terrible story and such a wrong depiction of Storm who is always assertive and in control of her emotions.
    The one that was also conveniently written in the Past so if it Bombed (which it did) it would have been burried by time and obsurity rather quickly, Once i leanred that comic would take place during Clarmounts era in the solo i had a feeling this would be a hit or miss, either way it would have still been forgotten, Storm was doing alot of Great things when that solo came out, and a book about Storm that takes place in the past revisting her most visited form is gonna fall short, and as expected be Eclipsed with utmost Haste,

Mirror mirror on the wall how long till a Black Woman can write a Storm Solo?
    "Goddess be Praised"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

My biggest concern about this new solo is that it will be written by a black woman but the the story won't be anything Wirth reading. Much how Vita's Children of the Atom book was. I was excited Vita was writing but as son as I did I was unfortunately disappointed in the actual book.

I ultimately don't want for this new solo to be set-up for failure and I don't care who writes it I don't want to read about storm in congress trying to inspire politicians .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    My biggest concern about this new solo is that it will be written by a black woman but the the story won't be anything Wirth reading. Much how Vita's Children of the Atom book was. I was excited Vita was writing but as son as I did I was unfortunately disappointed in the actual book.

I ultimately don't want for this new solo to be set-up for failure and I don't care who writes it I don't want to read about storm in congress trying to inspire politicians .
    I don't think a black woman would automatically write a great Storm story, but it would be interesting to see Storm more through that lens. We've had almost all white men write her(some quite successfully, like Lords Claremont and Ewing), so it would only be fair, even if many of them didn't knock it out of the park(like most of the white men).

I did think Vita's work on that Children of the Atom book was quite good though, especially considering how stupid I thought the premise was going in. Some of their New Mutants work that I read was good too, but I didn't follow the whole run. I think Vita identifies as a they/them, though?

Anyways, I am nervous for Storm's upcoming solo. Given how bad the rest of the line as revealed so far looks to me, Brevoort's line isn't exactly inspiring a lot of confidence. I'm open to be surprised, but I am not holding my breath.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-23-2024 at 09:55 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I want to see Ro go to cowboy Carter tour or something in this new run with her girl Jean

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I hope we get into on STORM soon. I chose not go get it Phoenix or NyX bur I still wanna know if it's written well and what she gonna do.
    X-Men Forever

Disappointed Storm didn't show up in the latest episode. I wonder how long they'll make us wait for her return.

I was hoping to see her in the opening theme with her new costume