Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106
Results 1,576 to 1,582 of 1582

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Your optimism is beautful but Breevort and the solo staff will have to earn my trust. I wonder what the premise is? I wonder about her role and what will she be doing? I wonder about her supporting cast, the goals in her character development. I need more before I can become hopeful. Quite honestly, I am still grieving the impending loss of lord Ewing.
    That's true and I'm going to miss Ewing. Very few writers have been able to do Storm justice so anytime there's a shake-up like this, it's easy to feel doubtful about what's going to happen next because past history has not been kind. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic but if this does work out from how it's being sold, I really do expect great things. Just hope those expectations are met and not unfulfilled.

The supporting cast in particular is what I'm curious about. Who on this book is going to uplift Storm and be a part of her journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    From Lucystar's "Brevoort says..." thread

Storm
    Obviously, storm is a solo character title, and we'll position that character in what i hope is a good and effective place within the cosmology of mutantkind and the x-men in this new world.

She ended up being a difficult character at first because as we laid out the 3 x-men books, we kinda realized that if you put her on any of those teams, she takes over the team. She's got such a gravity to her as a character that if she's standing next to rogue or she's standing next to cyclops or kitty, i'm sorry, they're not in charge anymore. It's her.

So, we're gonna lean into storm as a solo character on the same kind of level as an iron man or a captain america or spider man or daredevil or whatever and see if we can make that go.
    Sounds good but I'm on the wait and department.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The Tom Brevoort thread is exposing a lot of people and their true takes on Storm. Very disconcerting but we can relish in the fact that the haters are the ones upset here because they know they're on the losing side. The mediocrity of their favs can no longer stifle Storm, she is too far beyond that. And my heart is still warmed by seeing how many posts are siding with Ororo and acknowledging that she is the one true leader of the X-Men. It proves there are still people with eyes, minds, and hearts who can recognize the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The Tom Brevoort thread is exposing a lot of people and their true takes on Storm. Very disconcerting but we can relish in the fact that the haters are the ones upset here because they know they're on the losing side. The mediocrity of their favs can no longer stifle Storm, she is too far beyond that. And my heart is still warmed by seeing how many posts are siding with Ororo and acknowledging that she is the one true leader of the X-Men. It proves there are still people with eyes, minds, and hearts who can recognize the truth.
    Something in my spirit told me not to click that thread.

Fantastic Member

I want to be optimistic I really do but the way he hyped up Jean Grey as Phoenix solo being about exploring the cosmic level stuff and couldn’t say the same for Storm makes me hesitate. And it’s not like I need Storm to be shown doing cosmic level omega feats all the time, but what I don’t want to see is a downgrade from what Ewing has already established for her and Tom Brevoort was the one was said Storm wasn’t even Omega level before it was explicitly stated by Hickman. So idk I’m hoping I’m surprised and that he did his research that’s all.

What we need more than anything right now is to explore her mystical heritage and godhood. She has always been stuck in the X-Men mutant box. If what Brevort is saying is true, with this solo she no longer needs to be confined to that label anymore.
    Last edited by Idiopop; Yesterday at 10:59 PM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Something in my spirit told me not to click that thread.
    The thread has reached the "both sides are right/wrong" consensus now.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I want to be optimistic I really do but the way he hyped up Jean Grey as Phoenix solo being about exploring the cosmic level stuff and couldn’t say the same for Storm makes me hesitate. And it’s not like I need Storm to be shown doing cosmic level omega feats all the time, but what I don’t want to see is a downgrade from what Ewing has already established for her and Tom Brevoort was the one was said Storm wasn’t even Omega level before it was explicitly stated by Hickman. So idk I’m hoping I’m surprised and that he did his research that’s all.

What we need more than anything right now is to explore her mystical heritage and godhood. She has always been stuck in the X-Men mutant box. If what Brevort is saying is true, with this solo she no longer needs to be confined to that label anymore.
    He does mention cosmology in his description which makes me think or hope that it is something that is still going to be part of the narrative for Storm.

From what I've seen of Brevoort, he is the type who sticks to canon and continuity so now that it's established that Storm is an omega-level mutant, he won't try and retcon that just for the sake of it. We know he dislikes Kitty and Illyana but he's still letting the former lead her own team and the latter be on the secondary X-Men title so that seems to suggest he's able to be a professional. The fact that he recognizes that Storm is such a powerful presence and truly the most equipped leader of the team that if she were around, everyone would be deferring to her, at least tells me he understands some aspects of her.

I agree, being stuck with the mutant label has boxed her in for too long. She is so much more than just that and I feel her mystic side is now more ripe than ever between Ashake, Midnight Suns, and X-Men '97. Also magical characters are more popular than ever between Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch so this is a good step for Storm. In the Brevoort thread, the argument is that Cyclops is the best leader of the X-Men because his whole life revolves around it and being a mutant. I say Storm is superior because her whole life does not revolve around being a mutant. She is so much more than just an X-Man and thankfully has a life beyond it with global/cosmic connections to the larger Marvel Universe. It is this ability to be more than just one thing that gives her the better credentials imo.