Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Storm's Evolution by @seye_art

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Got the Chance to read RoM #3 yesterday.

10/10 Y'all will love it.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Okies...

While we're here celebrating her successes (which we have been doing, not minimising. You brought up that one instance in another book) Brevoort and Co. have clearly moved on.
    Actually I didn't bring up breevort as he hasn't released anything other than she is getting a solo. Actually we haven't been celebrating her accomplishment we were talking about the misters. You mentioned him. Go back and read my post, it's right there. You are focused on a future that isn't even written yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    https://youtu.be/J73l7Fpkpic?si=y8CNG3KADXOrOrsC

"Sisters" clip featuring Jean and Storm.
    I love that they gave Storm more color and she's not lightskinned in this series

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    We aren't doing this. The idea that either was an empty title with no actual story is a talking point with very little to support it. In the black panther annual she was the catalyst that stopped Dormamu from claiming Chandilar and saving the universe, an intergalactic empire spanning 15 galaxies, stopped a Shiar civil war that would have harmed the quadrant by saving Xandra 3 times. Just by her being there she's saved countless lives.

She literally started the healing process and transformation of an entire society that has CPTSD. Imagine millions of people with the fight, freze, fawn... response living in constant trauma and never having a way out. Storm gave them that and began the process of lasting change. She helped fell Uranos the guy responsible for nearly destroying two worlds. We are storm fans and we will be giving flowers to the all goddess and acknowledging her actual contributions to the stories being told. She was responsible for setting into motion Redroot's return, stopped Emperor Vulcan, ended a civil war. I want her to stay on arakko because she accomplished so much.
    I wish u had this same type of energy for the stuff she was doing in black panther as hadaru yao lol.

that said, I think you make a good point but I think for both the voice of sol and the Regent of Arrako roles perhaps it was perceived that she didn't do much with those due to the mandate of xmen red at the time. "No more thrones" was literally Ewing making the point that mutants are stronger together than alone; they were depicted as being equals where all their voices mattered. That model effectively neutered her position as Regent and then with the voice of sol, I just think that ball was dropped. the stuff u mentioned here I don't recall her doing them under the mantle of Voice of Sol, but just simply as Ororo. she hasn't been into titles for a long time and this character trait, I think, made it harder to really depict her as Regent, voice of sol, or otherwise.

on another note, I know we've had our differences in the past but very interested to see ur take on the latest issue of RoM considering your knowledge on mysticism, primarily the state between life and death. the issue was a phenomenon all read and I think, character wise and feat wise, was arguably one of her best to date.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-19-2024 at 01:51 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In my initial post where I mentioned the irrelevance of the titles I and Grunty and YoFlame did go on to acknowledge the successes she had while she was on Arakko. You need to re-read those posts.

You said the VoS and RoA Titles were very relevant and brought up the success and impact she had in the BP Annual because of those titles, apparently.

I acknowledged that Brevoort clearly has other plans for her in the New Era that don't seem to have anything to do with Arakko...and that's okies with me. Because that chapter of her life is more or less done.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I love that they gave Storm more color and she's not lightskinned in this series
    me too. if only they got rid of the cockatoo hair it would have been flawless.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wish u had this same type of energy for the stuff she was doing in black panther as hadaru yao lol.

that said, I think you make a good point but I think for both the voice of sol and the Regent of Arrako roles perhaps it was perceived that she didn't do much with those due to the mandate of xmen red at the time. "No more thrones" was literally Ewing making the point that mutants are stronger together than alone; they were depicted as being equals where all their voices mattered. That model effectively neutered her position as Regent and then with the voice of sol, I just think that ball was dropped. the stuff u mentioned here I don't recall her doing them under the mantle of Voice of Sol, but just simply as Ororo. she hasn't been into titles for a long time and this character trait, I think, made it harder to really depict her as Regent, voice of sol, or otherwise.

on another note, I know we've had our differences in the past but very interested to see ur take on the latest issue of RoM considering your knowledge on mysticism, primarily the state between life and death. the issue was a phenomenon all read and I think, character wise and feat wise, was arguably one of her best to date.
    Why would I ever have that same energy for that silly, hollow run? I don't do vapid. Coates run was empty and about her uplifting her ex boyfriend not really about her growth.

I don't see it as neutering anything. I see it as a new thing separate from old ideas. Seeing everyone as equal didn't limit her leadership it uplifted it and the arakki. I think there are people that see Queendom as the pinnacle of human leadership. It's not. It's just an expression of corrupted power. That's why she blew it up. She saw how that very position hurt the people she was leading and wasn't going to be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Why would I ever have that same energy for that silly, hollow run? I don't do vapid. Coates run was empty and about her uplifting her ex boyfriend not really about her growth.

I don't see it as neutering anything. I see it as a new thing separate from old ideas. Seeing everyone as equal didn't limit her leadership it uplifted it and the arakki. I think there are people that see Queendom as the pinnacle of human leadership. It's not. It's just an expression of corrupted power. That's why she blew it up. She saw how that very position hurt the people she was leading and wasn't going to be part of it.
    1. i won't belabor this discussion any further than this, Ororo in her home book at the time the Xoffices had her crying about going to war against Emma and then taking orders from Kitty alternatively had her embrace her blackness and elevate her to being a literal goddess. It wasn't about lifting Tchalla but about reminding folks of her importance as a character. And it worked, the xoffices did a complete 180 after seeing Coates work with Ororo.

2. I don't think the perception of most readers align to your perception though. Name one story or encounter after she was introduced as Voice of Sol, where she directly used that mantle to impact any story she was a part of? Ewing I think as early as issue 1 or 2 made it very clear she wasn't a queen and that the decisions that would affect the arakki wouldn't fall solely on her shoulders.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-19-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. i won't belabor this discussion any further than this, Ororo in her home book at the time the Xoffices had her crying about going to war against Emma and then taking orders from Kitty alternatively had her embrace her blackness and elevate her to being a literal goddess. It wasn't about lifting Tchalla but about reminding folks of her importance as a character. And it worked, the xoffices did a complete 180 after seeing Coates work with Ororo.

2. I don't think the perception of most readers align to your perception though. Name one story or encounter after she was introduced as Voice of Sol, where she directly used that mantle to impact any story she was a part of? Ewing I think as early as issue 1 or 2 made it very clear she wasn't a queen and that the decisions that would affect the arakki wouldn't fall solely on her shoulders.
    I don't agree with the first point but as the story shows the opposite but the second one is pretty easy
    when she showed up and saved the shiar from the cyborg army with the pressure attack. The shiar showed up on a diplomatic trip because she was the voice of sol. They were looking for her.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 03-19-2024 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Man this was a missed opportunity. LOVED X-Men Evolution and it would have been great to see Teen Storm interact with the group as kids. Maybe have Moria be the Female teacher to let Storm go to school with the rest.

Onlyn’s I could ever come up with why they didn’t do that is because they would have to play down her powers to much. I mean out of all the characters on the show I think she had the least screen time.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

That denim skirt is horrendous!!!!!

Her hair looks great tho and this makes me think a teen Storm for X-men: Evo would have been great!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Got the Chance to read RoM #3 yesterday.

10/10 Y'all will love it.
    Indeed! I am lookin Forward to the fandom’s reaction. Ewing continues to serve as master chef. So muchcto unpack in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    https://youtu.be/J73l7Fpkpic?si=y8CNG3KADXOrOrsC

"Sisters" clip featuring Jean and Storm.
    Wow! This looks so good! I am really looking forward to tomorrow. I am going to binge HEAVILY!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Indeed! I am lookin Forward to the fandom’s reaction. Ewing continues to serve as master chef. So muchcto unpack in this issue.

Wow! This looks so good! I am really looking forward to tomorrow. I am going to binge HEAVILY!
    Someone PM Me i’m too hype
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Man this was a missed opportunity. LOVED X-Men Evolution and it would have been great to see Teen Storm interact with the group as kids. Maybe have Moria be the Female teacher to let Storm go to school with the rest.

Onlyn’s I could ever come up with why they didn’t do that is because they would have to play down her powers to much. I mean out of all the characters on the show I think she had the least screen time.
    Definetly a missed chance, given that it was the one time in over 20 years to properly explore her before she becomes this serious and dignified version the comics and all other incarnations present. Or see more of her be awkward and inexperienced with her power.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That denim skirt is horrendous!!!!!

Her hair looks great tho and this makes me think a teen Storm for X-men: Evo would have been great!
    Denim everything was the style at the time though.