Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1582

Has anyone else forgotten that Storm was depowered because of Mystique and Destiny? They knew about what was going to happen to Rogue and arranged for Storm to get hit by the power nullifier instead. Mystique shifted to Storm's form to try and intimidate her and literally used Nazi iconography to taint her image. Now we're supposed to believe that they're gal pals?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Thoughts on Storm carrying Destiny's train for the wedding?

Her hair style is the only thing i like about this,

Ororo would not go to the wedding of Mystique and Destiny, and she sure as hell wouldn't a maid of honor nor carry Destiny's dress, there are some villains like Magneto, that Ororo can get along with and even befriend, and there are some who she can tolerate because they have shown they wanted to be better like Emma, then there are these two trifling devious ass backstabbing vultures who again and again show a reason why they should never be trusted, Captain America there is random and beside me, but i really dont like Clarmount being there its like using him as a Stamp of Approval (maybe I'm thinking to deep on that one)

But then again this is Marvel Voices, they Love using storm as bait, so fishers gota fish
    "Goddess be Praised"

Has anyone else forgotten that Storm was depowered because of Mystique and Destiny? They knew about what was going to happen to Rogue and arranged for Storm to get hit by the power nullifier instead. Mystique shifted to Storm's form to try and intimidate her and literally used Nazi iconography to taint her image. Now we're supposed to believe that they're gal pals?

Fucking gross, Just gives me more of a reason to Dislike raven, The only gripe I've had with some of the Krakoa Era is that clearly scorned Relationships have all of a sudden been mended, like we can't just hold hands and sing kumbaya and act like you didn't just commit a crime akin to a dictator or scrub your moral decency and arrange heinous acts in the highest form just for kicks and giggles,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Stacey Dash, like Halle Berry, is a complete miscasting. In fact, she's slightly shorter than Halle Berry so we'd literally be losing an inch. I look at Stacey Dash and see nothing of Storm at all physically.
    The eyes had it.
    But it was mostly about having a known quantity actor. None of the actresses are particularly tall and we ended up with a over 6 foot tall Logan so physical resemblance wasn't high on the list of attributes weighed for any of the castings.

If Janet had been cast, I hope that she might have influenced a bit more of an exciting visual for Ororo with her star power.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-26-2024 at 03:34 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Correction. While Mystique and Destiny knew what was going down with Gyrich and Val going after Rogue...they did not "arrange for Storm to get hit by the nullifier instead"

In their pursuit Gyrich set the gun to maximum aimed at Rogue with a clear shot and Storm pushed her out of the way. I'll repeat...Storm pushed her out of the way...and took the full blast of the gun instead. It's all right there in UXM 185, should you chose to look it up.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Correction. While Mystique and Destiny knew what was going down with Gyrich and Val going after Rogue...they did not "arrange for Storm to get hit by the nullifier instead"

In their pursuit Gyrich set the gun to maximum aimed at Rogue with a clear shot and Storm pushed her out of the way. I'll repeat...Storm pushed her out of the way...and took the full blast of the gun instead. It's all right there in UXM 185, should you chose to look it up.
    Destiny is a psychic. She knew what was going to happen to Rogue which is why she and Mystique arranged for Storm to get hit instead. Read Marvel Fanfare #40. Mystique specifically calls Storm for a temporary truce. Her motive is to inform Storm of Gyrich's weapon and that Rogue is being targeted by it so that Storm will interfere to save Rogue. Destiny literally confirms as much on the final page that they deliberately chose to condemn Storm instead of Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The eyes had it.
    But it was mostly about having a known quantity actor. None of the actresses are particularly tall and we ended up with a over 6 foot tall Logan so physical resemblance wasn't high on the list of attributes weighed for any of the castings.

If Janet had been cast, I hope that she might have influenced a bit more of an exciting visual for Ororo with her star power.
    The eyes are the only thing that are remotely similar to Storm's when it comes to Stacey Dash although even had she been cast as her, I would feel they weren't crystal clear blue enough because Stacey's eyes change from blue to green. But beggars can't be choosers and that's still a step-up from having only brown-eyed Storms onscreen. You can definitely tell they were looking for whoever as popular at the time regardless of physical appearance similarities.

I think Janet would not only have owned Storm in terms of visuals, but also in terms of what costumes and civilian clothes she would wear.

Whoever the artist is can't draw a face... I love the vibrant colors and hair except for Storm's idk what happened there.

Destiny is a psychic. She knew what was going to happen to Rogue which is why she and Mystique arranged for Storm to get hit instead. Read Marvel Fanfare #40. Mystique specifically calls Storm for a temporary truce. Her motive is to inform Storm of Gyrich's weapon and that Rogue is being targeted by it so that Storm will interfere to save Rogue. Destiny literally confirms as much on the final page that they deliberately chose to condemn Storm instead of Rogue
    I read it MFF #40. Destiny had a foreshadowing of the different paths...that's all. But If that's your interpretation of "nothing is certain." and "let the future take care of itself"...okies. There's nothing more to be said.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I read it MFF #40. Destiny had a foreshadowing of the different paths...that's all. But If that's your interpretation of "nothing is certain." and "let the future take care of itself"...okies. There's nothing more to be said.
    Then please re-read it again. Specifically this page. It proves this was a clear, premeditated attack.

"Raven, did you warn Storm of my prescient vision...that whoever goes to Rogue's aid will suffer the fate meant for her?"

"Don't be asburd, Irenie----of course not! This was a perfect opportunity to both save my daughter and cripple my foremost enemies. How could you have expected me to pass it by? Besides, with your powers, you must have known my intentions."

"Yes."

"Yet, you did nothing to try to stop me."

"You--and Rogue--mean more to me than Storm."

They got her in fake Mugler. I cant

Not warning Storm of the possible outcomes is not premeditating or arranging for her to be shot. Yes they knew something bad would happen to either one and decided to let the fates do as they will...as you showed in the earlier page. And it's not as though Storm would have listened to Mystique anyway at the time of their meeting and in the circumstances that played out she would have acted the same regardless of what she was or wasn't told.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-26-2024 at 06:14 PM.

Destiny flat out says that whoever goes to save Rogue will suffer her fate. Mystique specifically calls over Storm to tell her about what's happening to Rogue and that she needs to stop Rogue from getting hit by the ray. After Storm leaves, Mystique admits without any shame that this is part of her perfect plan because she can save Rogue and also cripple Storm and the X-Men by extension. Destiny is complicit because she admits to knowing that Mystique was never going to tell Storm what fates lies in wait for her and that she was too cowardly to do anything about it because she'd rather prioritize Mystique and Rogue's safety. The moment Mystique called over Storm and informed her of Rogue's situation, it was set in stone that Storm was going to be the one depowered because Storm was never going to refuse to save a teammate.

Had Mystique done what Destiny wanted her to do and told Storm that Rogue's fate would be destined for her, perhaps Storm would have had a fighting chance to find a way to save Rogue without endangering herself. Perhaps fate still wouldn't change. Regardless, Storm would have agency then because she would know about what trap lies ahead and make the choice herself on whether or not she's willing to sacrifice herself for Rogue. The way they didn't tell her was dirty and was meant to blindside her because Mystique wanted Storm to be the victim.

There's literally a reason Mystique is cackling manically in that last page because as she says, she's won. She got everything she wanted. Rogue safe and Storm finished.

skulls in the bouquet? Okay..

Yeah, Mystique and Destiny definitely did set Storm up. I didn't read that story until wayyyy later, but I think it's pretty clear. I'm not sure Ororo would ever have known that exactly, but that's another topic.

I don't think Storm should be friends with Mystique, Destiny, or Emma for their past crimes in general, and specifically against Ororo herself, but that's just me.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!