Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1502

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Some hot native American guy takes me to his off the grid wild west cabin, serves me some free range buffalo chili and cornbread, pours me some wine, takes me horseback riding, and talks me up like that, we gettin' married. Straight up. Then come to find out he made weapons for the government? Weapons that took my powers away? Oh, the heartache!!! Talk about pulling the rug out from under you.

and that's gotta sting for her too, given how easily betrothed she was with Arkon, he swept her off her feet and promised her a kingdom and gifts of love only then to find out, he actually orchestrated a natural disaster to goad her to act, to straight up kidnap her so she could fix his fucked up planet and keep his slaves in check, i would have closed up shop after that cause i dont think I could bear being bamboozled by seemingly perfect men twice and knowing ororo and her story of lovers, the Third time is not the charm

Strike 2,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    1 basically means zero by the trading card reasoning. Characters like Wolverine, Warpath, Beast etc all have a 1 for energy projection. It's just a way of saying they don't project any kind of energy at all. The Marvel Cerebro Scan cards really chose to put more emphasis and focus on the mental power aspects of Storm's abilities, hence the rating. As has already been said, it's not a big deal. It's just a card. Fun for discussion, but I don't think it needs to be thought about deeper beyond that when it comes to the actual comic.
    yes exactly. as I was reminded earlier today the card isn't canon so for those who can't find the fun in it just ignore it. that's what I plan to do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Couldn’t make a good image of it but here are the stats

Energy projection-1

Mental Powers-6

Strength-2

Fighting Ability-4

Intelligence-3

Using her mutant ability to control weather, Storm can summon hurricane-force winds and rain, fire intense bolts of lightning and fly on breezes of her own creation. In the past, Storm was a thief on the streets of Cairo and was worshipped as a goddess of the wind in East Africa. More recently, she served simultaneously on the Quiet Council of Krakoa and the Great Ring of Arakko.

Xtra Fact- At any given time, Storm has various blades hidden on her person-sometimes up to eight at once!

For that energy stat there are no words to describe how insulting that is
    Indeed, this is highly offensive. It merely demonstrates that the creator likely does not read comic books.
    Storm's Energy Projection rating ought to be a 6 or 7. She has utilized Lightning, Water, and Wind attacks in the form of beams emanating from her hands on multiple occasions.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Im joining the chat and also agree that Storm's stats are off

I would say based off hte description, she should be a 6 easily

I can't remember where I came to learn this (it's literally been over 30 years since the trading cards came out), but I distinctly remember them trying to differentiate powers that were psionic. Like those energies were conjured versus powers that came from their bodies. So Storm uses her mind to channel the energy, but it still comes from the environment. Characters like Cyclops, Havok, Dazzler... the energy is metabolized through them and comes from their bodies. But then they also say Magneto and Polaris are energy projectors, so I dunno lol.

I'm fine with Storm having one or the other. I was always glad they rated her way up there in mental powers. The one that has always annoyed me was that they never gave her a higher intelligence rating than 2 or 3 when she's obviously quite brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I can't remember where I came to learn this (it's literally been over 30 years since the trading cards came out), but I distinctly remember them trying to differentiate powers that were psionic. Like those energies were conjured versus powers that came from their bodies. So Storm uses her mind to channel the energy, but it still comes from the environment. Characters like Cyclops, Havok, Dazzler... the energy is metabolized through them and comes from their bodies. But then they also say Magneto and Polaris are energy projectors, so I dunno lol.

I'm fine with Storm having one or the other. I was always glad they rated her way up there in mental powers. The one that has always annoyed me was that they never gave her a higher intelligence rating than 2 or 3 when she's obviously quite brilliant.
    But as others have mentioned, not all of Storm's powers are environment based. She can literally conduct electricity and shoot it from her arms. Those arent only summoned from the sky.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

But that's all she projects from her body literally...lightning.

She doesn't project gamma rays or lazers or ions or photons or cosmic or literally any other type of energy. Apart from lightning she doesn't biologically create energy...only harness and control and manipulate it.

Using her hands to send water and wind and ice etc (not energies) is just her directing them. She would still have to psionically manipulate and control the atmospheric energies around before doing so.

At best, going by that chart above...she should be a 4 in energy projection and only electrical.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-04-2024 at 10:11 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But that's all she projects from her body literally...lightning.

She doesn't project gamma rays or lazers or ions or photons or cosmic or literally any other type of energy. Apart from lightning she doesn't biologically create energy...only harness and control and manipulate it.

Using her hands to send water and wind and ice etc (not energies) is just her directing them. She would still have to psionically manipulate and control the atmospheric energies around before doing so.

At best, going by that chart above...she should be a 4 in energy projection and only electrical.
    Its a form of energy though and why she shouldnt be considered a 1 which equals none. I havent made the argument for water, wind or ice. The electricity isnt really deniable. That comes from within her

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its a form of energy though and why she shouldnt be considered a 1 which equals none. I havent made the argument for water, wind or ice. The electricity isnt really deniable. That comes from within her
    Read my post again. I was agreeing with you. It should be higher.

I mentioned water wind and ice in reference to Cy_blaze's post.

Based on the list, my take:

S...3 (not wind assisted)
    D...2
    I...4
    FA...4
    EP...4 (electricity)
    Spd...4-6 (wind/lightning assisted)

On a more important and relevant note...I can't wait to read the prev-pages for RoM 04. I hope we get those today.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-04-2024 at 10:45 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But as others have mentioned, not all of Storm's powers are environment based. She can literally conduct electricity and shoot it from her arms. Those arent only summoned from the sky.
    yes you're right. aside from electrical energy she's generated magnetic forms in the the medium of electromagnetic. additionally she has generated magical energy as seen in scarlet witch, and divine energy in black panther. energy projection canonically speaking, even if one were to argue energy projection is power she has projected from her body would at minimum still be a 6. anything below that doesn't align to canon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

How much is it?

i Just rewatched, X-men 97, and did anyone else notice the Bird flying over Ororo the second she lost her powers in episode 2, and that creepy ass owl in Forges house perched on the upper support beam when they were speaking over dinner, I wonder how long the Advisary has been watching Ororo, I honestly would think that a handful of ancient parasite-like beings and gods are just Competing trying to get ororo for themselves Like an open Bounty, Shadow King, Garrok, Adversary,

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    i Just rewatched, X-men 97, and did anyone else notice the Bird flying over Ororo the second she lost her powers in episode 2, and that creepy ass owl in Forges house perched on the upper support beam when they were speaking over dinner, I wonder how long the Advisary has been watching Ororo, I honestly would think that a handful of ancient parasite-like beings and gods are just Competing trying to get ororo for themselves Like an open Bounty, Shadow King, Garrok, Adversary,
    Wow great catch! I saw on twitter a screenshot of the owl's eyes watching over them while they were eating dinner:

but didn't even think about the one in episode 2. It is the same owl...

Last edited by superjosh; 04-06-2024 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Wow great catch! I saw on twitter a screenshot of the owl's eyes watching over them while they were eating dinner:

but didn't even think about the one in episode 2. It is the same owl...

I totally didn't catch that either. Both of these actually, I did catch the mountain that had the face of the owl when Storm rode almost over the edge the first time around though. And then I saw screenshots of the stars and the moon and right next to the moon, you can see the owl's face again or at least the eyes and the mouth built with three stars. Creepy!