Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I dont think this is accurate. Coates said he wasn't restrained but supported by the xoffices. So in what way (other than his attempt at a solo) was he restrained?
    By the editor in chief?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    By the editor in chief?
    Do you have any evidence of that?

We are overdue for another Storm solo series. I hate it here
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm personally interpreting Lord Ewings' XMR as stealth Storm (solo) series. And we just had Ann Nocenti's gawdfrakkinawful throwback.

Thing is...I know she's a favourite among a select group of X-Men fans, but she doesn't have that broad-spectrum appeal...certainly not on the level as Wolverine or Spider-man that would incite the Powers to push her anywhere near as much as they push for Captain Marvel. And quite frankly, I just don't know if she's an industry favourite among Writers. I really view Lord Ewing's interest and talent as an anomaly. So the best we can hope for are the sporadic Limited Series here and there, if someone feels so inclined.

And apropos of nothing but tangentially speaking about her popularity...it's a bafflement that they're pushing so hard for the TAS '97 Continuation where those stories and character specs are so dated (it's the fekkin 90's!) and which really only caters to the nostalgia-dreams of an already limited fan base. We are in 2024, wouldn't it have made more sense to create stories that are current/recent that brings these characters into the consciousness of the fans old and young in the here and now and going forward? I know, Marvel's Animation Department is so woefully underdeveloped and far behind everybody else's but that's really no excuse not to try bringing it into the 21 century technologically and conceptually.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    We are overdue for another Storm solo series. I hate it here
    doesn't seem like we will be getting that any time soon bestie. but it's only a matter of time for Marvel's most popular female character!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-06-2024 at 12:00 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Just read the Ultimate Black Panther and I thought it was excellent. Storm's lightning silhouette makes an appearance. While I don't care at all for Momoko's design, I know Caselli will make her stunning...as he's done in XMR and all his characters in UBP and I'm very curious to read Bryan Hill's voice for Storm.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-07-2024 at 01:15 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    doesn't seem like we will be getting that any time soon bestie. but it's only a matter of time for Marvel's most popular female character!
    We move. As always...
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Spectacular Member

So, is anybody here is going to talk about Ro in Ultimate Black Panther?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just read the Ultimate Black Panther and I thought it was excellent. Storm's lightning silhouette makes an appearance. While I don't care at all for Momoko's design, I know Caselli will make her stunning...as he's done in XMR and all his characters in UBP and I'm very curious to read Bryan Hill's voice for Storm.
    I just saw Hill's interview where he said her outfit will change later down the line.

I just binged read all of Red and Resurrection of Magneto so Im finally all caught up on Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I just saw Hill's interview where he said her outfit will change later down the line.
    Yes!!!

Yeah. Well, I mean, it's always fun to see new initial designs of any character. And these are all points of departure too. The designs that we have, the beautiful part about working in a universe like this, I don't have to just present a design of a character, and that's how the character remains. Designs can evolve, things can change. And so, the introduction you're getting to Eric and Ororo, Killmonger and Storm, in the story is just that: an introduction that shows you visually where they are in the current realm of the story. But as the story progresses and they get influenced by Wakanda, their design can change.

Goddess be Praised!

Just Read UBP very good read.
    Look like Storm will be making appearances, or rather The Wind-Rider.
    This was a good hold over until RoM2

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    So, is anybody here is going to talk about Ro in Ultimate Black Panther?
    I mean, she barely appeared, so there's not much to talk about.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, she barely appeared, so there's not much to talk about.
    Yeah...She's aiding side by side with Killmonger saving the villagers. I wonder how Ororo and Erik's relationship will fare in this universe...

I'm very disappointed we're not getting an actual proper Ultimate X-Men book as part of that Universe. At least not from the onset but...just as with the foolish costumes, things might change later on.