Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100
Results 1,486 to 1,491 of 1491

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, Mystique and Destiny definitely did set Storm up. I didn't read that story until wayyyy later, but I think it's pretty clear. I'm not sure Ororo would ever have known that exactly, but that's another topic.

I don't think Storm should be friends with Mystique, Destiny, or Emma for their past crimes in general, and specifically against Ororo herself, but that's just me.
    If I was Ororo, and after that mess she did to her before Jean had to turn into the Phoenix to finish her off, IT WOULD BE ON SIGHT every time I saw Emma in that damn mansion.

Just straight up furniture moving.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Destiny flat out says that whoever goes to save Rogue will suffer her fate. Mystique specifically calls over Storm to tell her about what's happening to Rogue and that she needs to stop Rogue from getting hit by the ray. After Storm leaves, Mystique admits without any shame that this is part of her perfect plan because she can save Rogue and also cripple Storm and the X-Men by extension. Destiny is complicit because she admits to knowing that Mystique was never going to tell Storm what fates lies in wait for her and that she was too cowardly to do anything about it because she'd rather prioritize Mystique and Rogue's safety. The moment Mystique called over Storm and informed her of Rogue's situation, it was set in stone that Storm was going to be the one depowered because Storm was never going to refuse to save a teammate.

Had Mystique done what Destiny wanted her to do and told Storm that Rogue's fate would be destined for her, perhaps Storm would have had a fighting chance to find a way to save Rogue without endangering herself. Perhaps fate still wouldn't change. Regardless, Storm would have agency then because she would know about what trap lies ahead and make the choice herself on whether or not she's willing to sacrifice herself for Rogue. The way they didn't tell her was dirty and was meant to blindside her because Mystique wanted Storm to be the victim.

There's literally a reason Mystique is cackling manically in that last page because as she says, she's won. She got everything she wanted. Rogue safe and Storm finished.
    It is clear that these two rats condemned Storm. It doesn't make sense to be a bridesmaid at the wedding of these two worms.

Yeah, Mystique and Destiny definitely did set Storm up. I didn't read that story until wayyyy later, but I think it's pretty clear. I'm not sure Ororo would ever have known that exactly, but that's another topic.

I don't think Storm should be friends with Mystique, Destiny, or Emma for their past crimes in general, and specifically against Ororo herself, but that's just me.
    It's not just you. I'm 100% in agreement with you and from what I've seen over the years in this thread, most Storm fans believe the same. All the X-Men have been victimized by these three women but Storm in particular has received the brunt of it. There is a reason that Storm's writers like Claremont and Beau have never accepted Frost because they know exactly what she is and what she's done. They put Claremont in Mystique and Destiny's wedding like it's a Stan Lee cameo but I'd really love to hear the real Claremont's thoughts on this because I don't think he would be happy at all with this entire performative nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    If I was Ororo, and after that mess she did to her before Jean had to turn into the Phoenix to finish her off, IT WOULD BE ON SIGHT every time I saw Emma in that damn mansion.

Just straight up furniture moving.
    LOL, she needs to crack that diamond into a million pieces. Knowing Frost, it's probably blood diamonds built from a colonial enterprise on the backs of people in bondage. That Hellfire Club was corrupt.

It's amazing how people forget everything Frost did to Ororo. She held her in a cage and tortured her, taking glee in leaving her an empty shell with no mind. Here's Ororo even talking about how traumatic that incident was to her, how it was the first time since she was a child that she felt so scared and helpless. Months later, she's still trembling at the idea of this woman back in the X-Men's lives. And we all know Ororo is not a woman who scares easily so for something to rattle her like this, it must have been something truly horrific. But of course her feelings are not valid for many X-Fans because a certain White Queen (emphasize on White) makes witty remarks and hosts annual galas so we should all shut up and stan her.

That was bad enough but what really gets me is the body swap thing. Ororo said that was the most unnatural violation of nature to take someone's actual physical body for yourself. If that isn't bad enough, Frost and Shaw treat it like a sex game for their warped, hedonistic pleasure. Yuck. And the cherry on top, because these people are truly demons, is that Frost is smoking. So she's polluted Ororo's body in every filthy way possible.

Ororo was even willing to give up her vow to never take a life when this happened until Logan stopped her.

"You made me your slave, your unwitting puppet—you used me, but from this instant I’m FREE!”

“Hear me, Emma Frost!”

“As a child, I swore never again to kill. But tonight, I’ll break that vow. You have committed a heinous unforgivable crime. In stealing my body, you perverted a trust as old as the Earth itself!”

“You will pay for that… in BLOOD!”

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    It is clear that these two rats condemned Storm. It doesn't make sense to be a bridesmaid at the wedding of these two worms.
    It's bad enough that they have her as a guest at the wedding and give her the role of bridesmaid. Then they expect her to carry the train of the dress?!? Like why on earth would Ororo do that? And can anyone actually imagine Mystique or Destiny having the conversation where they tell Storm what role they want her to perform for their wedding. It feels like a parody at this point. Storm's dress is so awful that I can only assume that blind Destiny is the one who assigned her that dress.

I wish all these heroes like Storm, Cap, Carol, etc. were only attending so that they can trash the wedding. Supervillains constantly crash superhero weddings in Marvel so it's about time the heroes crash a villain wedding.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I believe that Iman was WIZARD magazine fancasting.

I'd heard the Janet Jackson rumor before - I'm fan of Miss Jackson but I can't imagine her voice work for Ororo changing from her wispy speaking voice to Storm's deeper authoritative one. But she's a vocal artist so anything is possible with coaching, for certain.

I'd seen that certain lines were written with Angela Bassett in mind (specifically the Toad/struck by lightning one - from Joss Whedon, was it?), and that she was considered but ruled out because of being age-inappropriate with the rest of the cast.

TPTB wanted a "name" actress for Storm in X1 (the only other casting demand was Patrick Stewart iirc) and it reportedly came down to Halle Berry and (CLUELESS era) Stacey Dash at the end of casting...

So, it was Wizard. I agree about Janet Jacksons voice. I remember Tia Carerre being suggested for Psylocke but I don't remember the others.

There was an earlier attempt at an X-Men film. James Cameron was going to produce, his then wife Kathryn Bigalow was going to direct. Angela Bassett was the frontrunner at that point, and Storm was the female lead(see their collaboration "Strange Days" from 1995 and if you squint your eyes, you can pretend it's a Storm/Gambit movie). However, Stan Lee distracted James Cameron with Spider-Man(and they wanted Leo DiCaprio to do it), and the whole project collapsed. That was like, somewhere in late 80's to early 90's supposedly, Lord Claremont was still involved. By the time the actual movie we know was getting made, the Storm role had been shaved down to practically nothing, so Angela passed on it.
    I remember that too about James Cameron but I didn't know he wasn't going to direct. He was also originally going to be involved in the Spider-Man film. He has directed movies with strong women like Sara Conner and Ellen Ripley and there are even spunky young girls like Newt so I wonder how different it would have been for women in X-Men like Storm, Rogue. Jean, Psyocke etc. And then there's the spunky Jubilee and Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Thoughts on Storm carrying Destiny's train for the wedding?
    Storm doesn't look happy and Rogue looks like she is holding in laughter or is it just me?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; Today at 12:32 AM.