Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1556
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    My biggest concern about this new solo is that it will be written by a black woman but the the story won't be anything Wirth reading. Much how Vita's Children of the Atom book was. I was excited Vita was writing but as son as I did I was unfortunately disappointed in the actual book.

I ultimately don't want for this new solo to be set-up for failure and I don't care who writes it I don't want to read about storm in congress trying to inspire politicians .
    I keep hearing this about her being a congress woman? Is it just from that panel when the new era was revealed? Maybe it will just be one speech to humankind for peace. It would make sense for her as she has always been a bit of a diplomat but that doesn't mean that's all she is gonna do and it seems unlikely. Unless you guys know something I don't?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Nope. We don't know writer, artist, nor premise. We know nothing definitive besides what was shown on that one page. On the positive side...after the on-line reactions to that panel and art Brevoort has said that we should expect Storm's visuals and job description to not be what was depicted.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I want to see Ro go to cowboy Carter tour or something in this new run with her girl Jean
    "This aint Krakoa...."

Beau didn't write this episode which explains the lack of Storm. This makes me really worry about the show after Season 2 if Beau isn't hired again.

As usual, Marvel is proving that if there isn't someone sticking up for Storm on a regular basis (whether Claremont or Ewing in the comics and now Beau in the show), that she isn't considered a priority then.

To be fair, Storm just gagged us all with what looked like a continent spanning hurricane and magical transformation into her classic costume while in space. I like that everyone gets to have their turn and when Storm does show up in the three part finale I'm sure it'll be a "Thor arrives in Wakanda" type arrival.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't think a black woman would automatically write a great Storm story, but it would be interesting to see Storm more through that lens. We've had almost all white men write her(some quite successfully, like Lords Claremont and Ewing), so it would only be fair, even if many of them didn't knock it out of the park(like most of the white men).

I did think Vita's work on that Children of the Atom book was quite good though, especially considering how stupid I thought the premise was going in. Some of their New Mutants work that I read was good too, but I didn't follow the whole run. I think Vita identifies as a they/them, though?

Anyways, I am nervous for Storm's upcoming solo. Given how bad the rest of the line as revealed so far looks to me, Brevoort's line isn't exactly inspiring a lot of confidence. I'm open to be surprised, but I am not holding my breath.
    Yes agreed with all of this. I would absolutely love to see a black woman write Ororo in her solo book but this won't guarantee the story will be worth picking up.

Didn't like CotA at all so you won't get any arguments from me on that. lol. Yes, Vita I believe is non-binary and goes by them/they. So that wasn't a fair example, thank you for that.

None of the books honestly have been that interesting to me. I know there are some that don't like the Krakoa era but it felt new and fresh. These new series of books to be rolled out by the new office just sadly feels really uninspired and just boring. So I'm not really expecting to be blown away by the storm announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I keep hearing this about her being a congress woman? Is it just from that panel when the new era was revealed? Maybe it will just be one speech to humankind for peace. It would make sense for her as she has always been a bit of a diplomat but that doesn't mean that's all she is gonna do and it seems unlikely. Unless you guys know something I don't?
    These things are kind of subjective but the stories that we were getting in Xmen Red although not perfect is where I would personally like to see the character go. It seems like the natural next steps after her cosmic adventure with Ashake, and then learning about her mystical heritage from Scarlet Witch would be to go down this path. Her wanting to be a diplomat, when she generally isn't in to titles just doesn't seem right for this moment, and for is just boring.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    New love triangle about to commence.

I wonder if anyone else had a vision of an epic Storm/Magneto combo to come when Cable said the only thing that could put that type of sentinel down is an emp?

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    To be fair, Storm just gagged us all with what looked like a continent spanning hurricane and magical transformation into her classic costume while in space. I like that everyone gets to have their turn and when Storm does show up in the three part finale I'm sure it'll be a "Thor arrives in Wakanda" type arrival.
    Yeah, in fact when i think about it, it was raining the whole episode, so Possibly this episode and Life Death part 2 could have been happening concurrently, and or When Storm found out what happened she lost her **** and is Hauling ass From texas to New York in a Thunder Head and she's getting close, hence the constant rain in this episode,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I wonder if anyone else had a vision of an epic Storm/Magneto combo to come when Cable said the only thing that could put that type of sentinel down is an emp?

Oooh I can't wait till Magnus and Ororo can get back to One-upping each other in fire one-liners, Speeches, and Poetic Threats, cause nobody can do it like them, in such dramatic style too, white-haired dramatic caped omegas, it was written in the stars for them to be such a Divine Duo

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    These things are kind of subjective but the stories that we were getting in Xmen Red although not perfect is where I would personally like to see the character go. It seems like the natural next steps after her cosmic adventure with Ashake, and then learning about her mystical heritage from Scarlet Witch would be to go down this path. Her wanting to be a diplomat, when she generally isn't in to titles just doesn't seem right for this moment, and for is just boring.
    I didn't mean for her to just be a diplomat. I meant that image can just be one little scene from a book and not be a regular thing and they will give her plenty of other things to do. Even if what she was doing during Krakoa wasn't her being a diplomat, who else is gonna do it?, maybe Cyclops? It once could have been Xavier but he is so far gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Nope. We don't know writer, artist, nor premise. We know nothing definitive besides what was shown on that one page. On the positive side...after the on-line reactions to that panel and art Brevoort has said that we should expect Storm's visuals and job description to not be what was depicted.
    Well, there you go.

I guess it can be hard seeing the departure of Ewing as the best Storm written in years may make people leary of whats to come. I understand that.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-24-2024 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Oooh I can't wait till Magnus and Ororo can get back to One-upping each other in fire one-liners, Speeches, and Poetic Threats, cause nobody can do it like them, in such dramatic style too, white-haired dramatic caped omegas, it was written in the stars for them to be such a Divine Duo

If I could love this comment a thousand times I would lol! two over the top omega level royals gotta love it...

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post

Was that to do with what I said? I never said that's what she should do all the time or even at all. I said that one panel can just be one little scene about what's to come and she will have a lot more to do. If you think its funny what I said it isn't farfetched even if you don't want it anymore. She is one of the X-Men leaders so she would be the obvious choice. Anyway, this was just a theory. Nothing much has been revealed yet but I doubt they would make her book about being a senator, if thats what it is, is all I'm saying.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-24-2024 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Was that to do with what I said? I never said that's what she should do all the time or even at all. I said that one panel can just be one little scene about what's to come and she will have a lot more to do. If you think its funny what I said it isn't farfetched even if you don't want it anymore. She is one of the X-Men leaders so she would be the obvious choice. Anyway, this was just a theory. Nothing much has been revealed yet but I doubt they would make her book about being a senator, if thats what it is, is all I'm saying.
    No sir that wasn't... that's not!