Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I feel like Resurrection of Magneto #3 is arguably the greatest single X-Men issue of all time.
    It's absolutely fantastic. If no one else has written up a review thread by end of day I'll throw a quick one together but it's impossible to describe how wonderful an issue it was.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The more I think about it, this series was the perfect for Al to wrap up his time in the X-Office. Getting to do amazing character work and making insane lore connections uninterrupted by the wider happenings in the FoX.

My only hope is that those writing Storm and Magneto take the time to read these issues.
    I can't believe he connected the recent Magneto mini to this as well, Ewing is carrying X-Continuity on his back

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's absolutely fantastic. If no one else has written up a review thread by end of day I'll throw a quick one together but it's impossible to describe how wonderful an issue it was.
    You really do a lot...and I wanna say thank you so much.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You really do a lot...and I wanna say thank you so much.
    It's my pleasure, truly. These books mean a lot to me and I love the discussions we have about them. I love Storm and Magneto so this series in particular has been beyond a treat. It's tough to summarize the issue cause it's so thick with multiple layers. This is a masterclass Ewing is providing the industry.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's my pleasure, truly. These books mean a lot to me and I love the discussions we have about them. I love Storm and Magneto so this series in particular has been beyond a treat. It's tough to summarize the issue cause it's so thick with multiple layers. This is a masterclass Ewing is providing the industry.
    Unpopular opinion but...this (the bolded) is why I'm okies with her moving on to something different, even if it is scaled back (just how much is left to be seen).

Because I really don't trust anyone else (and I don't care who they bring in to write her solo, they're NOT Lord Ewing) to really follow through on her current status quo in a significant and masterclass way. If this is her Arakko Swan Song then it will end on the highest of notes. Whatever comes after will rise or fall on the merit of that new writer and will not tarnish what came before.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

by the Goddess, it just keeps getting better and better doesn't it, every character he writes is written with absolute finesse and passion, such a philosophical read, of both Ororo and Erik bearing themselves free of facades by the hand of the abstracts that taunt, its funny cause both are doing shadow work in this shadowy realm, setting forth past mistakes, to be at peace with buried feelings/traumas still harbored,
    letting go of reservations continuing to stand. this is a deep spiritual therapy session for both of them, as they fight their abstract foes, they also fight with themselves and the perspective of their being. when you think Ewing has peeled the entire onion he turns around to peel back 7 more. this was an absolute Banger written beautifully, and it's only the third issue, that man has a mind of gold

"Goddess be Praised"

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

X-Men 97 and todays Issue were FANTASTIC!!!

A Great Week for Storm
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    What are storm feat for today.

all for you:

https://twitter.com/butterflykyss/st...26297140412745

you got it love!! looking forward to reading your review.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Attachment 138390

Like I said everything Storm does in the astral plane... Can be done in reality. So everything Storm is doing is power scaling to the physical reality too.
    I have the usual concern here that we'll see Storm do these amazing feats only to have her powers rolled back to more mundane levels. Even the great Ewing himself did it to Monica Rambeau. One minute she's powerful enough to battle Beyonder-like beings and solo Nyx, a goddess who killed just about all of the Olympian gods including Zeus by herself, and the next minute Monica gets reduced to her pre-Blue Marvel power-up levels...only to later still be featured in a series not written by Al Ewing (by Eve Ewing, no relation) where Monica is once again one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse. The rollercoaster is not fun. I hope they keep Ororo at this level.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm is trending on twitter!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

First of all, I'm gonna need Ewing to stop playing and admit he's writing a Storm mini with Magneto guest starring. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Just finished dinner and watching XM97.
    It was so good. So freaking good.
    As a Storm fan I was very happy.
    And I started gasping and screaming moments before it happened.
    Damn! It Burns so good.
    The Scene with her in her bedroom was so powerful and well done.
    Damn! It burns so good.

I'm still in awe at how brilliantly and flawlessly Alison Sealy-Smith captures Ororo's spirit.

That woman deserves an Emmy.

Storm was the highlight of the first two episodes of X-men 97. Just awesome.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar