Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Yh and it seems Shadow ming just got bumped up ALOT in the cosmic hierarchy. People always assumed he is just a massively powerful telepath but that's Farouk. SK himself or better yet themself is an entity that embodies the very opposing aspect of any story. Hence why he told storm that they will never be done. He will be back he will Wales be back. The Phoenix level entities are all also there in the cold dark room. But SK seems to be the main one in that realm. Hopefully we get more lore drops on him and The CDR soon.

I think a lot of people, including myself, think of Farouk instead of SK being a separate entity. I just love that Ewing is a writer who loves canon. I mean who is literally thinking about addressing old plot points Claremont had about shadow king? This was simply an amazing week to see Ororo written akin to a Phoenix-level or beyond being while being put to contend to literal Anti-Phoenix beings! I never ever thought we would be here but this is real an a truly immense moment for her.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This sentence and the following sequence made me scream! I was so happy, excited and moved with Storm in the new cartoon. She’s definitely my favorite part of an excellent show with many amazing ingredients.

I hope this and the current books are the blueprint that Disney will use for her in the MCU going forward.

And she should be the MVP from the start in the movies.
    You post made my heart sing. I was just talking to one of my beloved storm friends and I mentioned how Xmen 97 may be the best thing that could have happened to her. So many people grew up with the original version but there are so many who will be introduced to her for the first time. In the 1st and 2nd episodes they establish her strength in character, her compassion, her desire to protect everyone even those who seek to destroy them, and then the omega level confirmation. This will do so much to undo the perceptions around her that came about due to Singer's and Fox's xmen, which will hopefully positively impact how she is written in the comics as well as depicted in the MCU. there is a lot of work to be done but this was a spectacular week!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-21-2024 at 10:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

X-Men Updates
    @XMenUpdate
    Alison Sealy-Smith on Storm’s Complexion in 'X-MEN '97'⚡️

(via:
    @xmentrove
    )
    https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...76263835922810

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I aint gonna hold yall. Seeing the first two episodes reminded me of just how tough its going to be to get Storm's casting right in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    X-Men Updates
    @XMenUpdate
    Alison Sealy-Smith on Storm’s Complexion in 'X-MEN '97'⚡️

(via:
    @xmentrove
    )
    https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...76263835922810

That clip was wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I think this the best Storm has EVER looked animation wise!

So while I prefer Storm in black...I gotta say sliver works here
    Screenshot_20240322-112810~2.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ancient sands, heed my command and reclaim these relics of hatred!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Ancient sands, heed my command and reclaim these relics of hatred!
    everybody died!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I still don’t know who can do the goddess justice in the MCU.

Some days I say KiKi Layne, then I think DeWanda Wise, other times Anna Diop… Feige better choose correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I still don’t know who can do the goddess justice in the MCU.

Some days I say KiKi Layne, then I think DeWanda Wise, other times Anna Diop… Feige better choose correctly.
    I want a fresh new face straight off the boat from eastern Africa. I can see why you might suggest those names, but I would prefer someone from outside of the Hollywood machine. So we can see her as Ororo, not so and so as Storm. Like how no one knew Hugh Jackman before he was Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I want a fresh new face straight off the boat from eastern Africa. I can see why you might suggest those names, but I would prefer someone from outside of the Hollywood machine. So we can see her as Ororo, not so and so as Storm. Like how no one knew Hugh Jackman before he was Wolverine.
    I agree. There are so many talented but relatively unknown actors who would kill for the role. Honestly, I'm tired of looking at the same faces in Hollywood over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah fresh new faces could work for a team like the X-Men. You already have household names with the team, just find a talent that can do the character justice.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Attachment 138390

Like I said everything Storm does in the astral plane... Can be done in reality. So everything Storm is doing is power scaling to the physical reality too.
    yes her astral form powers work as they would in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I agree. There are so many talented but relatively unknown actors who would kill for the role. Honestly, I'm tired of looking at the same faces in Hollywood over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Yeah fresh new faces could work for a team like the X-Men. You already have household names with the team, just find a talent that can do the character justice.
    Yep, at this point the X-Men as a concept/brand are far bigger stars than any Hollywood actors. They don't need 'named talent'. Honestly I would do unknowns for almost the entire cast. That also makes it easier to sign them up for a decade-long contract with both films and Disney+ live action shows(with bonuses for performance!). I want to see them inhabit the roles for a long time. That's also the reason I want college aged X-Men to begin with. The X-Men are barely in their 30's now after 6 decades of stories. No way I would start with mature adult actors in the role. 18-25 or so, and let them ride!