Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1502

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where in the xmen stories have they done anything with her godhead ?

additionally, I wouldn't say she is becoming a mystical character. she has been one since the original uncanny run, meaning this was innately a part of her early in her development.

I think there are discussions around what her powerset should and can look like,but this doesn't mean her heritage should be ignored.
    I remember during her powerless times fan speculated that she was going to learn magic. Clermont hints around that it might be possible.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-11-2024 at 05:22 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Beautiful! They even managed to make the mohawk serviceable.

Ultimate Member

I saw this yesterday.

https://www.amazon.com/Storm-Goddess...2881319&sr=1-1

I am rather shocked that it wasn't mentioned earlier and I only found out because I was searching for another title and tripped over it.

Storm: Dawn of a Goddess: Marvel Hardcover – June 4, 2024
    by Tiffany D. Jackson (Author)

Before she was the super hero Storm of Marvel's X-Men, she was Ororo of Cairo—a teenaged thief on the streets of Egypt, until her growing powers catch the eye of a villain who steals people's souls. An epic origin story that will blow you away, from the New York Times bestselling author of Monday's Not Coming.

The gorgeous first edition hardcover of Storm: Dawn of a Goddess will feature an electrifying dust jacket that glows in the dark!

"Tiffany D. Jackson has crafted the story of Storm that the world has been waiting for!" —Nicola Yoon, #1 New York Times bestselling author

There is a snippet of the book on Amazon and it sounds like Storm as a little girl either met Xavier before he got the wheelchair or Magneto. They never say the man's name.

X-Men are entering the MCU with a bang!!! The stories from X-Men '97 are captivating. I will say that Rogue and Wolverine may need some younger voice actors cause they both sound like old people at times

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    But no one said it was.
    Then why brig her into the discussion. You deflect and divert it to that when really she has nothing to do with this. You only brought her up bc you know she's a character I like. My thoughts on Storm are independent of Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    We can say the same about the Scarlet Witch. There nothing saying they can't do both.

Not really. Wanda's whole schtcik is spell casting. Her name is literally witch

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Dope art! I like the glow around her eyes.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Thank God, someone else said if, cause I was sick of looking at lightning. That was my biggest disappointment with his writing. He didn't explore her possibilities with her powers.
    The Storm + Magneto electrical circuit did get kinda played out. Adding Blue Marvel to it in RoM #4 was nice, but still redundant. Lightning will always be the go to ability for Storm. I did like that Ewing gave us other feats for Storm like: using moisture to redirect laser beams, pressure attacks against Thor, frost/ice attacks against Vulcan and Arrako Kaiju. I hope that whoever writes her next can give us some new feats showcasing Storm's various abilities.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Fantastic Member

I remember during her powerless times fan speculated that she was going to learn magic. Clermont hints around that it might be possible.
    I always thought that Storm was intended to be the counter to the Shadow King. With her abilities connecting her to the earth magic making her the perfect synthesis of magic and mutant ability. This is why the Shadow King was so hellbent on killing Storm all those times. He tried to corrupt her as a child, failed and was now afraid of her because he knew that she could actively kill him. He wouldn't be alone as numerous other mystical baddies seemed almost drawn to destroying her like the Adversary, Dire Wraiths, and Candra. They were afraid of her power.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Then why brig her into the discussion. You deflect and divert it to that when really she has nothing to do with this. You only brought her up bc you know she's a character I like. My thoughts on Storm are independent of Jean.

Not really. Wanda's whole schtcik is spell casting. Her name is literally witch
    Because it is incoherent to say that a character does not need to elevate his status quo just because of an omega title. The mystical status quo of the Storm is an ancestral legacy. I'm sorry if I upset you by pointing out your inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The Storm + Magneto electrical circuit did get kinda played out. Adding Blue Marvel to it in RoM #4 was nice, but still redundant. Lightning will always be the go to ability for Storm. I did like that Ewing gave us other feats for Storm like: using moisture to redirect laser beams, pressure attacks against Thor, frost/ice attacks against Vulcan and Arrako Kaiju. I hope that whoever writes her next can give us some new feats showcasing Storm's various abilities.
    I liked the heat field/dome, in the Marvel Voices comic.

This heat dome was magnificent. Jay Jurden nailed it, and I'd like to see more about it...
    This type of barrier ends up being more effective than even pressure fields, since a heat dome could not only protect it from physical attacks, but also from energy attacks.
    A heat dome may be more effective against direct physical attacks, as it can disintegrate or slow down objects that attempt to penetrate the dome.
    It can offer protection against radiation, reducing its penetration, protecting the user.
    Against energy attacks, such as energy beams, laser beams, or energy blasts, the effectiveness of a heat dome would depend on the dome's ability to absorb or dissipate that energy. If the dome is able to convert energy into heat and dissipate it efficiently, it could offer protection against these types of attacks.

Because it is incoherent to say that a character does not need to elevate his status quo just because of an omega title. The mystical status quo of the Storm is an ancestral legacy. I'm sorry if I upset you by pointing out your inconsistency.
    There was nothing inconsistent about what I had originally wrote. I said what I said and have not wavered on that. I also did not say a "character does not need to elevate his status quo just because of an omega title." But whatever, I'll let you have this bc I dont have a dog in this fight and it really aint my hill to die on

I mean with them fully embracing her omega status and expanding on that in addition toher godhood...does she really need to be casting spells and becoming a mystic character as well? It does feel like too much and puts her in a positio where she literally can do anything. Maybe it could be something to explore were she depowered, but she's not

Jean Grey is an Omega Level Telepath and has been intertwined with the Phoenix for years, The Scarlet Witch Absorbed the Dark Hold and Cthon, Confining him and his power within her being, How is Storm using her Ancestral Magic, Too much, Storm right now as an Omega is still limited from her powers versatility so her having magic doesn't mean she's gonna be chucking out spells like there's no tomorrow, Divinity and Magic Go hand in hand, so when her godhead is being touched on more, its a given her Ancestral power and magic will
    "Goddess be Praised"

Again Jean Grey has nothing to do with this and if you've followed any past posts of mine in her threads, Ive said that I dont think she needs the Phoenix Force and prefer her as just herself without it

Again Jean Grey has nothing to do with this and if you've followed any past posts of mine in her threads, Ive said that I dont think she needs the Phoenix Force and prefer her as just herself without it
    And yet even still she's intertwined with it, and always will be no matter what, just as Ororo is to her Ancestral Magic, why deny knowing how strongly it ties to her character and history? and the only reason why I brought up Jean and Wanda is to show that characters as strong as they, still won't have their power Fully invoked in every trial and tribulation, so Storm having magic doesn't give her unbreakable plot armor or unstoppable power, in fact, her magics are most likely to be intertwined with her mutant power, so it's not as if she has an entirely new power set that's grossly OP
    "Goddess be Praised"

There was nothing inconsistent about what I had originally wrote. I said what I said and have not wavered on that. I also did not say a "character does not need to elevate his status quo just because of an omega title." But whatever, I'll let you have this bc I dont have a dog in this fight and it really aint my hill to die on
    You were incoherent and hypocritical when you said that there is no need to explore Ororo's mystical side because she is an omega, while Jean is imbued with the power of the phoenix. sustains your arguments

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    And yet even still she's intertwined with it, and always will be no matter what, just as Ororo is to her Ancestral Magic, why deny knowing how strongly it ties to her character and history? and the only reason why I brought up Jean and Wanda is to show that characters as strong as they, still won't have their power Fully invoked in every trial and tribulation, so Storm having magic doesn't give her unbreakable plot armor or unstoppable power, in fact, her magics are most likely to be intertwined with her mutant power, so it's not as if she has an entirely new power set that's grossly OP
    My reason for not wanting Jean with the PF is bc she doesnt need it. She is powerful enough without it adn has proven to be able to do most of the things she has as Phoenix without actually having the Force save eradicating timelines (which quite frankly isnt something that would come into play often anyway). Its a crutch and a way to devalue her feats when people dismiss it as saying (well she only did that bc she had the PF to power her up). This Krakoa era had her defeating demon god Nightmare (twice), taking on a Celestial, weakening Knull, using her telepathy across dimensions and timeline, not to mention prior to this she had resurrected herself and rebuilt her body molecule by molecule with pure psionic energy. That was all without the Phoenix Force. When people say she's only one of the most powerful member bc of the PF, that just isnt true. Besides I prefer her grounded to Earth and with the X-men. I'll enjoy her new series for what it is bc it is something different but I dont think thats a status quo I would like to see longterm as they are teetering towards making her unviable and the last time they went there, they killed her off and kept her dead for 14 years.

You were incoherent and hypocritical when you said that there is no need to explore Ororo's mystical side because she is an omega, while Jean is imbued with the power of the phoenix. sustains your arguments
    Um see above. There is no hypocrisy when it came to Jean. You just threw her name out there and made a wild assumption on how I felt about her. What I wrote has been my stands for as long as Ive written about her in her thread. I can understand if you are unaware of that if you dont frequnt it but the only reason I expounded upon it here is bc ya'll are bringing her up to try and make a point that doesnt track
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-12-2024 at 09:18 AM.