Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1550

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    14 years' HOLY **** good god, that's just Sheisty, Killing off and writing off characters makes the story less interesting which surprise, surprise came to be true, Storm would have beaten Cyclops's ass before siding and being subservient to him, and by proxy Emma, in fact, quite a few asses would have been beaten if she was written correctly. they really show their noses when they do stuff like this, you cant look back at the '90s and clarmounts era, and say "yeah storm in fact would join the team of Morally questionable or straight-up villains and not the other side" and "yes she won't challenge him its not like she's been the leader at one point or beaten him depowered" I was flummoxed during that dark time, at least Rouge and psy got a better hand, that's the only really upside i can see

and i think this and civil war are the reason why those God-awful Herov hero issues are still being pumped out

Marvel was really bad with female characters in the 2000s. It wasn't just the X-Women misused because they used Wanda as a plot device to break up the Avengers by making her go crazy and then throwing her into character limbo for years. Wasp was killed off at the end of Secret Invasion. MJ got written out after her marriage to Spider-Man was literally sold to the devil. Like if Marvel's most popular character's wife isn't safe from having her marriage erased from existence, no Marvel marriage is safe lol. I guess Storm got off better in that sense. Elektra had a movie come out but even then her character was killed off and revealed to be a Skrull.

I've always seen Storm as the one true leader of the X-Men (thank you Claremont for that) so this idea that she'd just be completely useless didn't sit well with me at all. It really was the Dark Ages lol. Rogue and Psylocke were lucky that they had writers who cared enough about them to invest in them in spin-off books safe from Cyclops and his cabal of villains. Storm had no such writer willing to protect her. I think Claremont had been taken off enough X-books by then that he lost his clout and wasn't allowed to write her once she got married and was no longer considered to be under the X-Office.

The sad thing is that it could have been way worse for Storm. Morrison originally wanted Cyclops and Storm to have an affair! Like even ignoring the fact that this man is Storm's best friend/sister's husband, the real truth of the matter is that Storm is too good for Cyclops anyday. She would never sully herself with the likes of him but Morrison actually wanted them to be a thing. That got scrapped luckily but in The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire, which was used to keep Havok, Polaris, and Rachel in space for years, the original plan was for Storm to be in this storyline. Polaris was a replacement for Storm because Storm had just been married off to Black Panther so she was considered off-limits by the X-Office at this point. All that makes me think is that because Marvel was already looking for a reason to write off Storm, that she could easily have been the one lost in space for years.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Aka why their rights were rewritten for the X-Men characters and sent back to their rightful owner which didn't disappoint with the very first release of an X-Men-centered show. They wasted no breath and recaptured the public in mere 6 episodes roughly each 30 minutes long which is what? 180 minutes so far? And beating the Avengers ENDGAME big stage stand by miles as many reactors to the animation are blasting off to skies unknown and something they never imagined would get.

Fox, flips and flops BIG TIME.
    Exactly. I'm so glad that the public got exposed to the real Storm and Beau didn't waste a minute getting to her. He really ended that first episode with her grand scene showing everyone who the real queen is. That this is the real X-Men and not hair-color changes with phony accents getting kicked around by a toad. This Storm slices through sentinels. He took the best moments from Claremont's era and packaged them all in user-friendly episodes so audiences could finally see the Storm we've been missing for decades now onscreen.

There is going to be a new generation of Storm fans and they have enough content to make up for the lost generation that was reared on those movies. I still remember the dark age when the four Riri Williams stans that exist in the world were coming on here bragging about how Storm was tired and a has-been and Riri was going to be the top Black queen of Marvel. That's how bad it got for Storm that they thought they could troll her. Now years later, Riri who??? Only Storm is still standing.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Marvel was really bad with female characters in the 2000s. It wasn't just the X-Women misused because they used Wanda as a plot device to break up the Avengers by making her go crazy and then throwing her into character limbo for years. Wasp was killed off at the end of Secret Invasion. MJ got written out after her marriage to Spider-Man was literally sold to the devil. Like if Marvel's most popular character's wife isn't safe from having her marriage erased from existence, no Marvel marriage is safe lol. I guess Storm got off better in that sense. Elektra had a movie come out but even then her character was killed off and revealed to be a Skrull.

I've always seen Storm as the one true leader of the X-Men (thank you Claremont for that) so this idea that she'd just be completely useless didn't sit well with me at all. It really was the Dark Ages lol. Rogue and Psylocke were lucky that they had writers who cared enough about them to invest in them in spin-off books safe from Cyclops and his cabal of villains. Storm had no such writer willing to protect her. I think Claremont had been taken off enough X-books by then that he lost his clout and wasn't allowed to write her once she got married and was no longer considered to be under the X-Office.

The sad thing is that it could have been way worse for Storm. Morrison originally wanted Cyclops and Storm to have an affair! Like even ignoring the fact that this man is Storm's best friend/sister's husband, the real truth of the matter is that Storm is too good for Cyclops anyday. She would never sully herself with the likes of him but Morrison actually wanted them to be a thing. That got scrapped luckily but in The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire, which was used to keep Havok, Polaris, and Rachel in space for years, the original plan was for Storm to be in this storyline. Polaris was a replacement for Storm because Storm had just been married off to Black Panther so she was considered off-limits by the X-Office at this point. All that makes me think is that because Marvel was already looking for a reason to write off Storm, that she could easily have been the one lost in space for years.
    So at what point did they decide to use crack pipes as air filters?, Cause what in the Good green Goddess were they cooking in there, when you think Storm dogged a big bullet but then come to find she was dogging fucking cannonballs, in an alleyway, and people still have the nerve to say Storm was more interesting in this Dark age then now,

"Goddess be Praised"

So at what point did they decide to use crack pipes as air filters?, Cause what in the Good green Goddess were they cooking in there, when you think Storm dogged a big bullet but then come to find she was dogging fucking cannonballs, in an alleyway, and people still have the nerve to say Storm was more interesting in this Dark age then now,

Hold up, there are actually people who can say with a straight face, no flash of white teeth, that Storm was more interesting in the dark age?!? Who are these rare animals and why aren't they extinct? I know Storm doesn't believe in hunting for sport but this might be the time to break that principle because no one should be mouthing off like that.

Hold up, there are actually people who can say with a straight face, no flash of white teeth, that Storm was more interesting in the dark age?!? Who are these rare animals and why aren't they extinct? I know Storm doesn't believe in hunting for sport but this might be the time to break that principle because no one should be mouthing off like that.
    Hah yup there's a whole lot of people who dont like Ewings storm and find her to be a Mary sue and Overpowered, and never loses, Ive seen some wishing that someone would beat her, and her character was better during the dark age, and that's just the tip of the ice berg
    "Goddess be Praised"

Hah yup there's a whole lot of people who dont like Ewings storm and find her to be a Mary sue and Overpowered, and never loses, Ive seen some wishing that someone would beat her, and her character was better during the dark age, and that's just the tip of the ice berg
    I would never have guessed. I have only seen praise from Storm fans about how Ewing is the second coming of Storm and X-Men Red and her solo book are the best that could be given to her in ages. I guess I haven't been frequenting this place enough to catch fringe responses like that but this idea that she "wins too much" and needs to be taken down a few pegs like all the way back to 2007 is really something. I've heard of rose-tinted glasses and nostalgia but I've never heard of being nostalgic for wallpaper.

I would never have guessed. I have only seen praise from Storm fans about how Ewing is the second coming of Storm and X-Men Red and her solo book are the best that could be given to her in ages. I guess I haven't been frequenting this place enough to catch fringe responses like that but this idea that she "wins too much" and needs to be taken down a few pegs like all the way back to 2007 is really something. I've heard of rose-tinted glasses and nostalgia but I've never heard of being nostalgic for wallpaper.

you wont find those comments here or at least i hope not, but you will see them on Reddit, Yt, and other casual comic sites, But make no mistake that's their idle complaints are just Blanketed racism under the guise of constructive criticism, some of them really dont know storm in any other light bedsides the darkest time in her comic history, and it shows, I've seen a few who know storm try to unearth the madness they spew and it wont be long till their argument blew up right in there faces or not strong enough to hide why they truly disdain her, they just dont like seeing a black woman in the forefront,

you know how many comments I've seen her say she was Pretentious, and one note and boring, yet there fave is bland to say in the least lol
    "Goddess be Praised"

you wont find those comments here or at least i hope not, but you will see them on Reddit, Yt, and other casual comic sites, But make no mistake that's their idle complaints are just Blanketed racism under the guise of constructive criticism, some of them really dont know storm in any other light bedsides the darkest time in her comic history, and it shows, I've seen a few who know storm try to unearth the madness they spew and it wont be long till their argument blew up right in there faces or not strong enough to hide why they truly disdain her, they just dont like seeing a black woman in the forefront,

you know how many comments I've seen her say she was Pretentious, and one note and boring, yet there fave is bland to say in the least lol
    Okay that explains it, especially the Reddit part. I don't like the X-Men subreddit thread at all. That entire crowd is a generation that grew up with the 2000s/2010s era so they don't think anything is better. They're still worshipping Wrongclops and everything that was awful about the dark age because that's what they consider to be their X-Men and they don't know any better. Whenever anything older than the 21st century comes up, they get real critical about it especially the Claremont run, always taunting him and how his stories are outdated or problematic.

They only remember Storm as Lightning Lass so this idea that she can be anything more than Cyclops' lightning bolt for him to throw down occasionally is foreign to them. They can't imagine the character having her own agency and Goddess forbid someone mention that Storm was the best leader of the X-Men and the X-Men's creative peak and most popular period came from when she was in charge, not Cyclops. Oh wow they'd arrange a mob and all the downvotes start coming in. Then they start to say that without Claremont, she's a nothing character and how she's responsible for Inhumans vs X-Men and was bending the knee, nonsense like that.

It is so foreign to me to even think of anyone calling her pretentious or one-note but I think the Reddit crowd did use to make such remarks. I agree that it's thinly veiled racism. These fans living vicariously through Wrongclops or whoever their whitebread fav is write long posts that they think make them intellectual authorities on how deep these characters are but they'll dismiss Storm in one second because of misogynoir. They're living with their colonist attitude that Storm works for the big strong man and anyone who wants something more for her is blinded by nostalgia.

Okay that explains it, especially the Reddit part. I don't like the X-Men subreddit thread at all. That entire crowd is a generation that grew up with the 2000s/2010s era so they don't think anything is better. They're still worshipping Wrongclops and everything that was awful about the dark age because that's what they consider to be their X-Men and they don't know any better. Whenever anything older than the 21st century comes up, they get real critical about it especially the Claremont run, always taunting him and how his stories are outdated or problematic.

They only remember Storm as Lightning Lass so this idea that she can be anything more than Cyclops' lightning bolt for him to throw down occasionally is foreign to them. They can't imagine the character having her own agency and Goddess forbid someone mention that Storm was the best leader of the X-Men and the X-Men's creative peak and most popular period came from when she was in charge, not Cyclops. Oh wow they'd arrange a mob and all the downvotes start coming in. Then they start to say that without Claremont, she's a nothing character and how she's responsible for Inhumans vs X-Men and was bending the knee, nonsense like that.

It is so foreign to me to even think of anyone calling her pretentious or one-note but I think the Reddit crowd did use to make such remarks. I agree that it's thinly veiled racism. These fans living vicariously through Wrongclops or whoever their whitebread fav is write long posts that they think make them intellectual authorities on how deep these characters are but they'll dismiss Storm in one second because of misogynoir. They're living with their colonist attitude that Storm works for the big strong man and anyone who wants something more for her is blinded by nostalgia.
    This a Thousandfold, oh There gonna be mad when they see Storm on the Big screen, and shes is front and center where she belongs, i dont even think they know she's taller than half the team lol
    "Goddess be Praised"

As others have mentioned I really enjoyed episode 6 of X-men: '97. The focus that Storm has received has been great and I hope that this momentum can continue for the rest of the show. The scene where her powers returned was animated perfectly.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

This a Thousandfold, oh There gonna be mad when they see Storm on the Big screen, and shes is front and center where she belongs, i dont even think they know she's taller than half the team lol
    Everyone thinks Wolverine is the tallest lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    As others have mentioned I really enjoyed episode 6 of X-men: '97. The focus that Storm has received has been great and I hope that this momentum can continue for the rest of the show. The scene where her powers returned was animated perfectly.
    Beau always said that he envisioned two main characters for S1 which were Storm and Cyclops. I'm curious who the two main characters for S2 will be and if Storm isn't one of them, I hope that doesn't mean her screentime gets drastically reduced or less impactful.

Beau always said that he envisioned two main characters for S1 which were Storm and Cyclops. I'm curious who the two main characters for S2 will be and if Storm isn't one of them, I hope that doesn't mean her screentime gets drastically reduced or less impactful.
    Agreed. Regardless of who is considered the main characters of each season, I hope Storm continues to get positive character development and growth.

OAN: have we received any new info regarding Storm's new upcoming solo series?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everyone thinks Wolverine is the tallest lol.
    when he in fact is the shortest or on of the shortest, he's a whopping 5,3 while Storm is 5,11 and 6ft plus with heals and may even look taller because of her hair lol

"Goddess be Praised"

when he in fact is the shortest or on of the shortest, he's a whopping 5,3 while Storm is 5,11 and 6ft plus with heals and may even look taller because of her hair lol

Halle Berry is 5'5 and Alexandra Shipp is 5'6. So besides darker skin tone, the bare minimum for a new Storm should be almost 6 foot. It's funny because Angela Bassett is 5'4 but I never get the impression she's a short/average-height woman. She seems to tower over everyone.