Page 90 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1547

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Totally agree plus didn't she had a few solos during Krakoa? And another one coming... Big one at that. Storm finally going down the divine, Goddess path. Coming, June I believe?
    i dont think she had a solo during the Krakoa era the last one Chronologically speaking is void because it took place during Clarmounts era, and that solo, wasn't good and was easily forgotten, the one before that was in 2014, and she had no resounding feats in that one, but as i said, one shouldn't need a solo for correct Stats, and her feat list has been climbing since the start of the krakoa era, so its willfully being ignored at this point

"Goddess be Praised"

It is slowly building out there and we just wait for some kind of Marvel news. I don't think they fired his ass the boy is golden with the pencil and we do see it throughout the entire season 1 and probably 2 as well. Praises are astronomical and even if he is hard to work with, I totally support that because true Masterpieces come from perfectionists and hard to work with peeps, regardless of how much people dislike it. The end product is clearly the louder voice here and all those people's reactions across the globe.
    Exactly. Perfectionists are always difficult to work with but they get the job done and in fact they get it more than done. He's more than delivered so he's done the job. Anyone else wouldn't have been able to pull this off so all credit goes to him. They need to recognize that and I trust they are recognizing it because they're a money-minded corporation that only cares about $$$. Beau is delivering the $$$ so all should be good then.

It is slowly building out there and we just wait for some kind of Marvel news. I don't think they fired his ass the boy is golden with the pencil and we do see it throughout the entire season 1 and probably 2 as well. Praises are astronomical and even if he is hard to work with, I totally support that because true Masterpieces come from perfectionists and hard to work with peeps, regardless of how much people dislike it. The end product is clearly the louder voice here and all those people's reactions across the globe.

Marvel/fox kept brian singer for all those years though he was famously known for being a temperamental bitch with allegations of sexual misconduct and inappropriate behavior, verbal abuse, and just a sheisty ass personality in total, but heaven forbid a Creative whose difficult to work with or too much to Conform

Last edited by Typhoon; 04-19-2024 at 08:17 PM.
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Exactly. Perfectionists are always difficult to work with but they get the job done and in fact they get it more than done. He's more than delivered so he's done the job. Anyone else wouldn't have been able to pull this off so all credit goes to him. They need to recognize that and I trust they are recognizing it because they're a money-minded corporation that only cares about $$$. Beau is delivering the $$$ so all should be good then.
    Not to mention, he of all people would understand the X-men in a light that a Straight white guy wouldn't, no offense to the ones that do because there are, but corporations have a penchant for hiring the ones that don't
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Not to mention, he of all people would understand the X-men in a light that a Straight white guy wouldn't, no offense to the ones that do because there are, but corporations have a penchant for hiring the ones that don't
    Yup, compare his vision of the X-Men to Bryan Singer's version of the X-Men and you can tell the total difference is like night and day. Beau can understand the X-Men in a way that Singer could never. You can't imagine the number of people I know who disliked Storm or never cared for her because they only knew her as Halle Berry and were not impressed. Now they're finally being exposed to the real Storm and they finally understand who this character is and why she was the Queen of Marvel in her heydays (which are coming back now). This is the Storm they should have gotten from Day One but for more than 2 decades, she was allowed to languish thanks to people like Singer and that stupid toad line.

Yup, compare his vision of the X-Men to Bryan Singer's version of the X-Men and you can tell the total difference is like night and day. Beau can understand the X-Men in a way that Singer could never. You can't imagine the number of people I know who disliked Storm or never cared for her because they only knew her as Halle Berry and were not impressed. Now they're finally being exposed to the real Storm and they finally understand who this character is and why she was the Queen of Marvel in her heydays (which are coming back now). This is the Storm they should have gotten from Day One but for more than 2 decades, she was allowed to languish thanks to people like Singer and that stupid toad line.

oh lord those bring back not plesent memories, those movies should have been named Wolverine and Friends because that was who got the most focus care and, everything, I'm not a huge Cyclops fan but even i felt bad for them, granite everyone got the short end of a shitty stick but Storm and Cyclops were just done in a way that's almost comical, you have two of the most experienced x-men, the leaders, the Big boys, get beat by a sticky acrobat with a long tongue, they made Scott a punk ass to logan and storm walking fan with an open live wire
    "Goddess be Praised"

oh lord those bring back not plesent memories, those movies should have been named Wolverine and Friends because that was who got the most focus care and, everything, I'm not a huge Cyclops fan but even i felt bad for them, granite everyone got the short end of a shitty stick but Storm and Cyclops were just done in a way that's almost comical, you have two of the most experienced x-men, the leaders, the Big boys, get beat by a sticky acrobat with a long tongue, they made Scott a punk ass to logan and storm walking fan with an open live wire
    I still watch some of the old movies for nostalgia's sake but boy do I have to laugh at some of Storm's scenes. The wigs are bad enough but the fact that she gets beat up over and over by Toad in the first one. I can't even. There's a whole sequence of him knocking her around into glass and she's not doing anything except letting herself get kicked. What an embarrassment. It's a nice way to see how we've progressed since then from Toad beating up Storm to her making glass out of desert sand and wiping out Sentinels.

I still watch some of the old movies for nostalgia's sake but boy do I have to laugh at some of Storm's scenes. The wigs are bad enough but the fact that she gets beat up over and over by Toad in the first one. I can't even. There's a whole sequence of him knocking her around into glass and she's not doing anything except letting herself get kicked. What an embarrassment. It's a nice way to see how we've progressed since then from Toad beating up Storm to her making glass out of desert sand and wiping out Sentinels.
    same, all you can do is laugh at the utter stupidity in it all, Like the scene where she and Logan went to jeans old house to stop Magnus and she does her "Here comes the hurricane bitch" spin and strikes three down with Lighting yet Callisto get up unscathed like she didn't get blasted with FUCKING LIGHTING and the montage of storm getting her ass whooped like she an extra in a Tarantino movie begins,

"Goddess be Praised"

Marvel/fox kept brian singer for all those years though he was famously known for being a temperamental bitch with allegations of sexual misconduct and inappropriate behavior, verbal abuse, and just a sheisty ass personality in total, but heaven forbid a Creative whose difficult to work with or too much to Conform

We are not talking about Singer because he had no talent with the pen, sorry but he wasn't getting the X-Men at all, like seriously... like the comments below but HS does Beau get them or what? I do hope he is brushing his comics after 90s because I do remember him commenting that he DID NOT like the 2000 to 2010 comics or something like that. But World Apart is right there, HS that is a Storm and then in 2014 she gets a few interesting creative ways of using her powers, feats are not that much but it was a good refreshment of what she can do.

And this is not being hard to work with, that is abusive and it is a whole different can of worms, we are talking about difficult to work with a person who has a vision and wants something specific to happen because he knows it will work and if it doesn't, he will be the only one to flip over. That is a true creative mind right there, he knows what he wants to see, he has an idea and he wants to accomplish it and we see that throughout each episode of X-Men 97. Singer, not so much.

True. True and another check for True.

I couldn't believe that I had to explain to one of my old best friends that what we see in the movies is not the Storm I know, or we know, here in the thread and that they've watered her down by light years. And can't believe that even these days, I had to go into comments on YouTube and explain to some haters that Storm changing her outfits and growing her hair is actually part of her repertoire.

which is odd given that Maddylyne did the same thing, or in the same vain as what Ororo did, she Conjured new clothes "seemingly" from nothing but I didn't hear how that didn't make sense or the "she can't do that" its all fun and well when other people do it, but when its storms turn... its Hipocrite highway
    "Goddess be Praised"

same, all you can do is laugh at the utter stupidity in it all, Like the scene where she and Logan went to jeans old house to stop Magnus and she does her "Here comes the hurricane bitch" spin and strikes three down with Lighting yet Callisto get up unscathed like she didn't get blasted with FUCKING LIGHTING and the montage of storm getting her ass whooped like she an extra in a Tarantino movie begins,

Don't get me started on that Callisto scene, what a joke. I thought it would be an improvement after Toad but she basically gets beat up just as much despite this being the movie that supposedly amped up her power. All she did was look powerful but like you said, none of her hits ever make contact. I think there's a deleted extended version of that scene where Storm actually gets beaten up even longer than she did in the real movie so apparently there was tons more footage of Storm getting knocked around. Plenty of time for that just not anything else.

We are not talking about Singer because he had no talent with the pen, sorry but he wasn't getting the X-Men at all, like seriously... like the comments below but HS does Beau get them or what? I do hope he is brushing his comics after 90s because I do remember him commenting that he DID NOT like the 2000 to 2010 comics or something like that. But World Apart is right there, HS that is a Storm and then in 2014 she gets a few interesting creative ways of using her powers, feats are not that much but it was a good refreshment of what she can do.

And this is not being hard to work with, that is abusive and it is a whole different can of worms, we are talking about difficult to work with a person who has a vision and wants something specific to happen because he knows it will work and if it doesn't, he will be the only one to flip over. That is a true creative mind right there, he knows what he wants to see, he has an idea and he wants to accomplish it and we see that throughout each episode of X-Men 97. Singer, not so much.

True. True and another check for True.

I couldn't believe that I had to explain to one of my old best friends that what we see in the movies is not the Storm I know, or we know, here in the thread and that they've watered her down by light years. And can't believe that even these days, I had to go into comments on YouTube and explain to some haters that Storm changing her outfits and growing her hair is actually part of her repertoire.
    I don't blame Beau. 2000s was a dark age for the X-Men especially for Storm. Any prominence she had was gone from those movies and especially the comics where she became wallpaper to prop up Cyclops and relegated to Lightning Lass. Yeah she had the royal wedding and media attention from that but despite becoming an actual queen, it felt like she became dethroned as Marvel's Queen.

I'm very surprised that there are so many X-Men fans on here who seem to know so little about Storm...did they not read Claremont's run??? Like I can understand casuals online not knowing much about Storm on Instagram or YouTube but the amount of shock I've seen here, in a comics forum for hardcore fans, about the fact that she can change her outfits and grow her hair is really ridiculous. People really didn't know about Storm's mystical ancestry? So many people need schooling? What have they been reading before this? Maybe it's all that 2000s rot Beau avoids lol.

Don't get me started on that Callisto scene, what a joke. I thought it would be an improvement after Toad but she basically gets beat up just as much despite this being the movie that supposedly amped up her power. All she did was look powerful but like you said, none of her hits ever make contact. I think there's a deleted extended version of that scene where Storm actually gets beaten up even longer than she did in the real movie so apparently there was tons more footage of Storm getting knocked around. Plenty of time for that just not anything else.

Maybe that's why Halle wound up in the John Wick franchise, she too knows the feeling of being beaten up silly in three consecutive movies in a row, cause my god the woman has more time getting jumped than she does talking, and you would think they would try to balance the scales by giving her more lines and character but NOPE, in one commercial the Aflac duck talks more than her in days of future past,
    "Goddess be Praised"

I don't blame Beau. 2000s was a dark age for the X-Men especially for Storm. Any prominence she had was gone from those movies and especially the comics where she became wallpaper to prop up Cyclops and relegated to Lightning Lass. Yeah she had the royal wedding and media attention from that but despite becoming an actual queen, it felt like she became dethroned as Marvel's Queen.

I'm very surprised that there are so many X-Men fans on here who seem to know so little about Storm...did they not read Claremont's run??? Like I can understand casuals online not knowing much about Storm on Instagram or YouTube but the amount of shock I've seen here, in a comics forum for hardcore fans, about the fact that she can change her outfits and grow her hair is really ridiculous. People really didn't know about Storm's mystical ancestry? So many people need schooling? What have they been reading before this? Maybe it's all that 2000s rot Beau avoids lol.

that's why the whole 2000s era is a blind spot for me, give or take a few issues, during that time and the AVX bullshit I went back to Claremont cause i couldn't handle that mess, and that shocks me that people dont know Clarmount, even before I got into comics I knew if I wanted to understand id have to go to the early runs like Clarmount, you can not pick up an X-book from the 2000s and expect you got it down pact,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Maybe that's why Halle wound up in the John Wick franchise, she too knows the feeling of being beaten up silly in three consecutive movies in a row, cause my god the woman has more time getting jumped than she does talking, and you would think they would try to balance the scales by giving her more lines and character but NOPE, in one commercial the Aflac duck talks more than her in days of future past,
    Halle being dragged lol, as if Toad didn't drag her enough already. I remember she made a big deal out of how she only agreed to do X3 because she was getting a much bigger role and seriously, all she got was more scenes of getting beaten up. At least Callisto was an improvement over Toad if you have to be beaten up by somebody. I bet if somebody tallied up her "fight scenes" (more like abuse scenes), there would be more screentime of that for her than actual dialogue. In DOFP I knew something was up when her hair wasn't even white but gray. Like they decided that since this is set in the future and Wolverine has gray streaks that Storm needs to go completely gray. That was red flag number one but then the lack of dialogue and that orgasmic acting during her power scenes really was the dehydrated cherry on top. Her facial reactions got to me everytime.