Page 91 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1547

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    that's why the whole 2000s era is a blind spot for me, give or take a few issues, during that time and the AVX bullshit I went back to Claremont cause i couldn't handle that mess, and that shocks me that people dont know Clarmount, even before I got into comics I knew if I wanted to understand id have to go to the early runs like Clarmount, you can not pick up an X-book from the 2000s and expect you got it down pact,
    The 2000s era is when I got into X-Men but I could tell the modern comics were junk. So many inconsistencies and only a select few characters being given a proper platform. Basically every prominent female character besides the fake blonde was written off or killed. I went straight to the earlier periods like Claremont's run and even the 90s. The 90s wasn't perfect for Storm but at least she was at the forefront and writers still made an effort with her even if it wasn't up to par with Claremont's work on her. Still light years better than becoming wallpaper in the 2000s after Claremont left again.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Halle being dragged lol, as if Toad didn't drag her enough already. I remember she made a big deal out of how she only agreed to do X3 because she was getting a much bigger role and seriously, all she got was more scenes of getting beaten up. At least Callisto was an improvement over Toad if you have to be beaten up by somebody. I bet if somebody tallied up her "fight scenes" (more like abuse scenes), there would be more screentime of that for her than actual dialogue. In DOFP I knew something was up when her hair wasn't even white but gray. Like they decided that since this is set in the future and Wolverine has gray streaks that Storm needs to go completely gray. That was red flag number one but then the lack of dialogue and that orgasmic acting during her power scenes really was the dehydrated cherry on top. Her facial reactions got to me everytime.
    Oh, there is, Our girl got beat up more, the ratio of getting Jumped and Talking including the prequels is more slanted than the hills in California, and you remember that little Aunty praise church head bop before she flies in the air in DOFP?, I'm not gonna lie that part had me dying
    "Goddess be Praised"

The 2000s era is when I got into X-Men but I could tell the modern comics were junk. So many inconsistencies and only a select few characters being given a proper platform. Basically every prominent female character besides the fake blonde was written off or killed. I went straight to the earlier periods like Claremont's run and even the 90s. The 90s wasn't perfect for Storm but at least she was at the forefront and writers still made an effort with her even if it wasn't up to par with Claremont's work on her. Still light years better than becoming wallpaper in the 2000s after Claremont left again.

Jean was dead for at least a decade, Storm was off being royal Wallpaper, Kitty i think was stuck in a giant metal bullet, and i for the life of me can't remember what cruel fates the others were put in, which kinda shows they were delt a bad hand
    "Goddess be Praised"

Oh, there is, Our girl got beat up more, the ratio of getting Jumped and Talking including the prequels is more slanted than the hills in California, and you remember that little Aunty praise church head bop before she flies in the air in DOFP?, I'm not gonna lie that part had me dying
    How could I forget that iconic head bop. Iconic for all the wrong reasons lol. We haven't even started talking about the prequels yet but just when you think they might actually learn a lesson from how they dealt Storm a dirty hand, they hit below the belt again and again. This idea that Storm wasn't born with white hair but had to get it from Apocalypse was real nasty. Even more insulting is that she's supposed to be a master thief without powers, but here even with powers she gets caught stealing. Did Singer or anyone working on these movies read anything with Storm besides a generic character bio and probably the same useless stats Marvel hasn't updated yet? I was so disgusted. I've seen Dark Phoenix once, sometime back just to see if it was really as bad as everyone said it was, and I literally cannot remember a single Storm scene so that's probably for the best.

Jean was dead for at least a decade, Storm was off being royal Wallpaper, Kitty i think was stuck in a giant metal bullet, and i for the life of me can't remember what cruel fates the others were put in, which kinda shows they were delt a bad hand
    If you don't count Teen Jean, she was technically dead for 14 years. Someone on this forum actually worked for Marvel editorial and they said it was all planned because Marvel wanted the X-Men franchise to revolve around Cyclops and Wolverine's schism so they had to eliminate every major character to get that to work. This is why Jean was killed, Xavier was depowered and killed, and for Storm I guess we're lucky they didn't kill her off either. Maybe they knew the optics behind that were bad, I don't know, but what they did wasn't much better by writing her off and then keeping her in the background witnessing everything but never actually standing up. The same Storm who beat Cyclops powerless because she knew she was the best leader was now remaining mum and following her leader's every command.

Yeah, Kitty got stuck in the bullet and Lorna and Rachel stuck in space. Jubilee depowered and turned into a vampire. Psylocke started off dead but she came back before being shunted off to Exiles. She actually was one of the luckier ones because by the 2010s, she got Uncanny X-Force and that gave her A-List status again. Psylocke and Rogue were both able to capitalize on getting spinoff books that kept them relevant but Storm never got that aside from FF, Black Panther, and like a handful of issues in Avengers. To this day, I don't understand the mentality in making her an Avenger alongside Wolverine, Beast, and her husband, who she has more in common with ideologically than the bunch of villains Cyclops was running on Utopia, but then a few issues later having her quit the team to run back to the X-Men. I thought the grand design was that Marvel knew Storm fit in better with the Avengers than the X-Men at this point so they purposefully positioned her to be part of the Avengers side in AvX but that didn't happen and instead she got a divorce literally handed to her.

How could I forget that iconic head bop. Iconic for all the wrong reasons lol. We haven't even started talking about the prequels yet but just when you think they might actually learn a lesson from how they dealt Storm a dirty hand, they hit below the belt again and again. This idea that Storm wasn't born with white hair but had to get it from Apocalypse was real nasty. Even more insulting is that she's supposed to be a master thief without powers, but here even with powers she gets caught stealing. Did Singer or anyone working on these movies read anything with Storm besides a generic character bio and probably the same useless stats Marvel hasn't updated yet? I was so disgusted. I've seen Dark Phoenix once, sometime back just to see if it was really as bad as everyone said it was, and I literally cannot remember a single Storm scene so that's probably for the best.
    and the funny part is, she still has that goddamn mohawk, and they really messed up cause in X-men first class, Baby Ororo is seen with WHITE hair, but now she has a Brown hawk with brown eyes in Cario and cant steal for ****, like they had a somewhat clean slate to redo the characters they just spent a decade+ shitting on, but guess what, you give a donkey a laxative and expect it not to paint a room brown then we are the fools, cause Dark phoenix was 1000x times worse, at least Storms lighting looked good in the first Prequal and like not string cheese
    "Goddess be Praised"

and the funny part is, she still has that goddamn mohawk, and they really messed up cause in X-men first class, Baby Ororo is seen with WHITE hair, but now she has a Brown hawk with brown eyes in Cario and cant steal for ****, like they had a somewhat clean slate to redo the characters they just spent a decade+ shitting on, but guess what, you give a donkey a laxative and expect it not to paint a room brown then we are the fools, cause Dark phoenix was 1000x times worse, at least Storms lighting looked good in the first Prequal and like not string cheese
    I forgot about the eyes. That was the original sin of this franchise and I'll stand by that. The second they couldn't be bothered to get her eyes correct, we just knew they wouldn't be bothered with anything else. That's why her hair can be brown turned to white, or even be gray instead of white, and she has an accent sometimes and not other times, because they've made it clear they don't really care about her. I think my forgetting what Storm did or how her powers worked in Dark Phoenix is probably my mind trying to protect itself. Everytime you think they can't reach a new low with her, they proved it by finding something else to tarnish.

What issues have Storm's magic powers? Are they instant cast spells?

If you don't count Teen Jean, she was technically dead for 14 years. Someone on this forum actually worked for Marvel editorial and they said it was all planned because Marvel wanted the X-Men franchise to revolve around Cyclops and Wolverine's schism so they had to eliminate every major character to get that to work. This is why Jean was killed, Xavier was depowered and killed, and for Storm I guess we're lucky they didn't kill her off either. Maybe they knew the optics behind that were bad, I don't know, but what they did wasn't much better by writing her off and then keeping her in the background witnessing everything but never actually standing up. The same Storm who beat Cyclops powerless because she knew she was the best leader was now remaining mum and following her leader's every command.

Yeah, Kitty got stuck in the bullet and Lorna and Rachel stuck in space. Jubilee depowered and turned into a vampire. Psylocke started off dead but she came back before being shunted off to Exiles. She actually was one of the luckier ones because by the 2010s, she got Uncanny X-Force and that gave her A-List status again. Psylocke and Rogue were both able to capitalize on getting spinoff books that kept them relevant but Storm never got that aside from FF, Black Panther, and like a handful of issues in Avengers. To this day, I don't understand the mentality in making her an Avenger alongside Wolverine, Beast, and her husband, who she has more in common with ideologically than the bunch of villains Cyclops was running on Utopia, but then a few issues later having her quit the team to run back to the X-Men. I thought the grand design was that Marvel knew Storm fit in better with the Avengers than the X-Men at this point so they purposefully positioned her to be part of the Avengers side in AvX but that didn't happen and instead she got a divorce literally handed to her.

14 years' HOLY **** good god, that's just Sheisty, Killing off and writing off characters makes the story less interesting which surprise, surprise came to be true, Storm would have beaten Cyclops's ass before siding and being subservient to him, and by proxy Emma, in fact, quite a few asses would have been beaten if she was written correctly. they really show their noses when they do stuff like this, you cant look back at the '90s and clarmounts era, and say "yeah storm in fact would join the team of Morally questionable or straight-up villains and not the other side" and "yes she won't challenge him its not like she's been the leader at one point or beaten him depowered" I was flummoxed during that dark time, at least Rouge and psy got a better hand, that's the only really upside i can see

and i think this and civil war are the reason why those God-awful Herov hero issues are still being pumped out

"Goddess be Praised"

I forgot about the eyes. That was the original sin of this franchise and I'll stand by that. The second they couldn't be bothered to get her eyes correct, we just knew they wouldn't be bothered with anything else. That's why her hair can be brown turned to white, or even be gray instead of white, and she has an accent sometimes and not other times, because they've made it clear they don't really care about her. I think my forgetting what Storm did or how her powers worked in Dark Phoenix is probably my mind trying to protect itself. Everytime you think they can't reach a new low with her, they proved it by finding something else to tarnish.

That accent really comes and goes doesn't it lol, your mind is doing you a favor,
    "Goddess be Praised"

I don't blame Beau. 2000s was a dark age for the X-Men especially for Storm. Any prominence she had was gone from those movies and especially the comics where she became wallpaper to prop up Cyclops and relegated to Lightning Lass. Yeah she had the royal wedding and media attention from that but despite becoming an actual queen, it felt like she became dethroned as Marvel's Queen.

I'm very surprised that there are so many X-Men fans on here who seem to know so little about Storm...did they not read Claremont's run??? Like I can understand casuals online not knowing much about Storm on Instagram or YouTube but the amount of shock I've seen here, in a comics forum for hardcore fans, about the fact that she can change her outfits and grow her hair is really ridiculous. People really didn't know about Storm's mystical ancestry? So many people need schooling? What have they been reading before this? Maybe it's all that 2000s rot Beau avoids lol.
    Honestly, I knew that Storm was neglected for nearly 15 years but honestly, I got into comics when the Krakoa era started, and I believe before the Krakoa era, I read X-men Red where she submerged the entire Genosha under a tsunami with Cassandra Nova on it and then before that, I believe I've red Storm's solo in 2014, those were the only comics that I've read before the Krakoan era and I do know that Claremont's Storm was good but never could get behind the art so I am hoping to see it in X-Men 97. I do believe that the Krakoa era has done wonders for Storm though even though at the beginning they didn't use her at all...

Oh! And Worlds Apart! That one I loved!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    2007? 2008? Something like that, the other peeps will tell you exactly which comic. I know it was mentioned over Twitter in one of the commentary by Butterfly.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post

There X-men Red where she used in a magical ritual to bring an island to life, Sins of Sinister, she opens a worm whole through magic, then dies, in the most recent Scarlet Witch solo she and Wanda combine magic to defeat a river or plant Warden, nothing crazy in that one, then there are the older ones She became a Magical Meduim for Magick and a group of wizards, she broke Dr, stranges bands of Cyttorak, and an alternate version of storm became a decorated Mage of the dark arts and even taught Illyana Magic

if your looking for lone Magical feats that are akin to Wanda or dr strange your search will be short until recently storms magical Ability has always been written ambiguously until recently (kinda)
    "Goddess be Praised"

That accent really comes and goes doesn't it lol, your mind is doing you a favor,
    I could live with the perpetually changing accent if she had any dialogue worthy to say. I think in Apocalypse she had maybe half a dozen lines and 90% of those were just her stanning Mystique.

It's really weird because back when Fox wanted to make a bunch of spinoff movies after Wolverine Origins like a Magneto Origins movie or Gambit spinoff, they had plenty of planned projects but none on Storm. Like Kitty was getting a solo movie and even Beast was getting one starring Nicholas Hoult. I don't understand who watched the prequel movies and Beast's character there and felt like he needs his own movie. But all these origins movies and nobody ever thought that Storm should get one because she has the richest backstory and history that could easily fill up a whole movie? I guess if they were going to just reveal that someone else turned her hair white, we're probably better off without Fox torching her character.

There X-men Red where she used in a magical ritual to bring an island to life, Sins of Sinister, she opens a worm whole through magic, then dies, in the most recent Scarlet Witch solo she and Wanda combine magic to defeat a river or plant Warden, nothing crazy in that one, then there are the older ones She became a Magical Meduim for Magick and a group of wizards, she broke Dr, stranges bands of Cyttorak, and an alternate version of storm became a decorated Mage of the dark arts and even taught Illyana Magic

if your looking for lone Magical feats that are akin to Wanda or dr strange your search will be short until recently storms magical Ability has always been written ambiguously until recently (kinda)
    There's also the time she drew faith energy from the Wakandans and banished Adversary... prior to that her attacks against him were ineffective.

I could live with the perpetually changing accent if she had any dialogue worthy to say. I think in Apocalypse she had maybe half a dozen lines and 90% of those were just her stanning Mystique.

It's really weird because back when Fox wanted to make a bunch of spinoff movies after Wolverine Origins like a Magneto Origins movie or Gambit spinoff, they had plenty of planned projects but none on Storm. Like Kitty was getting a solo movie and even Beast was getting one starring Nicholas Hoult. I don't understand who watched the prequel movies and Beast's character there and felt like he needs his own movie. But all these origins movies and nobody ever thought that Storm should get one because she has the richest backstory and history that could easily fill up a whole movie? I guess if they were going to just reveal that someone else turned her hair white, we're probably better off without Fox torching her character.
    Aka why their rights were rewritten for the X-Men characters and sent back to their rightful owner which didn't disappoint with the very first release of an X-Men-centered show. They wasted no breath and recaptured the public in mere 6 episodes roughly each 30 minutes long which is what? 180 minutes so far? And beating the Avengers ENDGAME big stage stand by miles as many reactors to the animation are blasting off to skies unknown and something they never imagined would get.

Fox, flips and flops BIG TIME.