Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Lol. ANOTHER thread on reddit with posters crying about Storm being OP and not interesting. I swear it baffles the mind. Where were these people going this hard over Storm's terrible portrayal the past 15 or so years? I really try to make sense of it but I just can't. They really want Storm in the background doing nothing and being inconsequential. Sad. Ewing had Storm for what, 2 and half years? A blip and they're still pressed. Can you imagine if he had her for 5 plus? They'd go nuclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Not feeling the tiara but they should have given her long hair instead of that damn mohawk
    Artist is Emanuela Lupacchino (but very reminiscent of Lucas Werneck)!

Incredible Member

Does anyone recognize all these scenes? Which comics and issues are its from?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Artist is Emanuela Lupacchino (but very reminiscent of Lucas Werneck)!
    I also thought Lupacchino was really channeling Lucas Werneck here. Storm and Magneto especially look straight out of Lucas' pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

Uncanny X-Men #150
    New Mutants #51
    AvX: Consequences #4
    X-Men: Red #3
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Lol. ANOTHER thread on reddit with posters crying about Storm being OP and not interesting. I swear it baffles the mind. Where were these people going this hard over Storm's terrible portrayal the past 15 or so years? I really try to make sense of it but I just can't. They really want Storm in the background doing nothing and being inconsequential. Sad. Ewing had Storm for what, 2 and half years? A blip and they're still pressed. Can you imagine if he had her for 5 plus? They'd go nuclear.
    They just want her to be a pretty vase who can barely talk.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

Top left is UXM 150. Top right New Mutants 51. Bottom left is I wanna say AvX Consequences 3 or 4. Bottom right is Xmen Red 3.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My obvious biases for Storm, Craig, Maggie and Lord Ewing aside...this issue, touching on so many layers, reaching so many levels past and present, is absolute perfection, literarily and visually. I cannot seem to put it down or put out of my mind.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    because all those years ago she was out of the way and hidden, that's how they like their Storm, tucked away and reduced to a side character, or even less, away doing something else, this is why I think she was married to Black Panther and, it was just a slick way to get her out the story so the writer wouldn't have to deal with her, cause during that time she was all over the place the fantastic four, Wakanda, even the avengers

"Goddess be Praised"

This issue was absolutely incredible! It felt like I was reading some world class fictional novel on the afterlife as opposed to a comic book.

I think Ewing out did even himself with the balance of all these supernatural conceptual metaphors and the HEART was not lost in the midst. We got to see Storm's vulnerability, her interacting with Ashake, Tarn and Enigma in a meaningful... educational way.

My Boyfriend is so mean. He claims Craig of NASA is a spy for Orchis.
    I tell you ,he made me turn my neck so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Unlikely but, I'll keep it in the back of my mind for safe measures

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    That would actually be great, lol. Something about that relationship feels rushed. It's like there's some mandate from Marvel to include more bed scenes in the X titles lately, lol.

Just going to add to the chorus and say ROM was masterclass. Claremont would be proud. I'm glad Ewin was the steward of Storm these past few years. This is what she needed after years of bad/mediocre writing.

Mighty Member

I posted this in the spoiler thread but it belongs here too.
    Part 1

Let's go, this issue is everything.

I have a take on this that examines the Journey Storm is taking from the perspective of a mystic. Others have spoken about the Kabbalistic spheres and her journey through the Sephiroth. But I am going to examine this from Storm's perspective. This whole journey is one big giant NDE. An NDE is a near-death experience. There are many versions of this throughout human history. It can be light and easy or absolutely painful. It's extremely personal and devastating in its ability to provide a mirror to the entity of the person going through it. Death is the beginning (Storm jumping into the waiting room). The journeyperson will experience a guide (Ashake) or awareness (Storm's desire to save Max) driving them, dark gods (the 8 dominions), entities (Tarn) designed to stop her from saving Max, multiple dimensional planes of existence (the waiting room, the Tower, Dominion space, judgment.) The end goal is life eternal or rebirth (Max returning to life, Storm potentially saving the other mutants from death.) The whole point of this is to rise and embrace life. The irony is that Storm was so quick to throw her life away to bring greater life to others. But that's the story of every life avatar. Buddha, Jesus, Zarathustra, Mithras... all sacrifice themselves to preserve life, create eternal life, restore life, or end the cycle of torment and lead wary souls to some type of heaven.

That journey is called by many names, in Buddhism it's called the diamond path or bardo, a quickening journey for the soul to reach enlightenment or in this instance life. in Christianity, it's called the descent. In Hinduism, it's the cycle of reincarnation. Storm's journey to restore Max to life is deeply impulsive. But no one has asked why. She has a dream and that's it. It's a not simple dream. This dream was so powerful that it terrified her. She strikes out in her sleep to protect herself from the horror. What was the horror that frightened her so much? Was it Max in hell, suffering? Yes, it’s about him being denied mercy. That’s his suffering, that breaks her heart. For Storm Magneto deserves mercy for all he’s been through and done to others. It activated her transformation into something more. That transformation comes at a deep personal cost, her life. Jumping into the portal took her body from her. The vessel she’s been protecting the entire Krakoan era. This was her treasure balance saw the greatest imbalance as something that needed to be rectified or she couldn’t live the life she earned. In many ways this is reminiscent of the bodhisattva Kuan Yin, she was offered nirvana and she heard someone crying and rejected heaven to be a beacon of compassion for all beings across time and space.

Storm the goddess of balance is evolving into a merciful being a life avatar. This has been Ewing’s take his entire run. She didn't know she had become an avatar of life until Ashake told her. Her role as a life avatar is a compulsion, she can't deny herself because that's her purpose. Storm is finally embracing all of who she is. This point will become important later. We all want Magneto back. How is she going to do it?