Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

This is not even Ororo's first NDE. She almost died in X-Treme X-men fighting Khan and was sneaking around the afterlife, hanging out with her parents(she even introduced Jean when she came looking for her).

She basically killed herself by witchdoctor to go save T'Challa after Doom basically killed him. She was beating back Death itself and everything.

download.jpg

She was willing to sacrifice herself to save him there too. If not for Shuri switching out Morlun, she wouldn't have been able to come back. I look forward to seeing how Lord Ewing handles that part this time with Max.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    That would actually be great, lol. Something about that relationship feels rushed. It's like there's some mandate from Marvel to include more bed scenes in the X titles lately, lol.
    Rushed?
    In-story, they've known each other for quite some time, since Uranos and Judgement Day around X-Men Red 6-7, with their first date happening in XMR 11 which, if we're going by Duggan's 1:1 time frame, was at least seven months ago.
    For discussion's sake Even if it was just two to three months "MU time", that's still more than enough time for them to really get to know each other deeply and intimately. (Knowing Storm, I wouldn't doubt she returned right after her little fracas with Xavier and took Craig straight to bed). The fact that we haven't seen every single moment of this new relationship, and this is the first time we read of them in bed and happy in each other's arms doesn't mean that the writer rushed into it. It just means the writer didn't find it necessary for the overall story and plot to show every sweet darling moment of their "courtship" in between saving mutant lives and fighting a world war.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-24-2024 at 06:06 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Al Ewing!!!!!!!!!!

The Man who has beyond a shadow of a doubt knows HOW to write a Good Storm. All ACROSS the Board!!!!

Let’s give him his Scores: 10 10 10 10 10 !! Across the Board.

Resurrection of Magneto #1 is a sight to behold. I will miss you.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Well well. Everything I've been championing for, everything I've been wanting for storm this issue finally gave us.

A cosmic story that allows her impact to the MU to be explored beyond being an Xman. Ewing gave me much pause with his direction in red but he really sold me in ROM. Not only did he solidify her goddess status (the power of coates) both in the natural world but in the afterlife but we saw her connections with to her ancestry.

What Claremont introduced, what Coates REMINDED US, and what Ewing is ending I can say as an uber fan of this character im so fulfilled. All the hard work, the petitions for better treatment of this character, the back and forth with mods/trolls on the internet who challenged assertions that ororo was something more than a mutant to now be fully validated by canon is such a moment! Such a great time to be a storm fan my friends!! I'm soo happy after all the poor treatment our girl has received over the years I can finally proclaim we won!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

IMG_2568.jpgIMG_2568.jpg

Not going to post too much just going to leave this here about how powerful Storm is. The bottom part is the context

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    IMG_2568.jpgIMG_2568.jpg

Not going to post too much just going to leave this here about how powerful Storm is. The bottom part is the context
    The image is too small to read properly... But, are you implying that Ororo herself is on the same level as a Dominion, Stronghold, and or Titan?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-24-2024 at 09:57 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The image is too small to read properly... But, are you implying that Ororo herself is on the same level as a Dominion, Stronghold, and or Titan?
    the poster doesn't have to imply anything. the issue spoke for itself.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I meant nothing by that as I could only read what I mentioned. It's too small to make everything out clearly so I don't know which issue is being referred to nothing more.

I can't wait for watch Blerd Without Fear's youtube video about this. I love his narration and him providing the comic scans

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Lol. ANOTHER thread on reddit with posters crying about Storm being OP and not interesting. I swear it baffles the mind. Where were these people going this hard over Storm's terrible portrayal the past 15 or so years? I really try to make sense of it but I just can't. They really want Storm in the background doing nothing and being inconsequential. Sad. Ewing had Storm for what, 2 and half years? A blip and they're still pressed. Can you imagine if he had her for 5 plus? They'd go nuclear.
    Lmao they surely would! I read that crap and had to post. Soooo ridiculous. If it was Emma, Jean, Iceman, Magneto, Exodus, etc. they would rationalize the sh$% out of the book and defend it as standard for them. For Storm? Oh no she can't be THAT powerful. She needs to know her place...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Al Ewing!!!!!!!!!!

The Man who has beyond a shadow of a doubt knows HOW to write a Good Storm. All ACROSS the Board!!!!

Let’s give him his Scores: 10 10 10 10 10 !! Across the Board.

Resurrection of Magneto #1 is a sight to behold. I will miss you.
    Yes. ugh it sucks so bad that we are nearing the end of this era. It feels so premature. We had to endure the "schools" and repetitive survival stories for 10+ years. I am so over/done with that, especially after having the DoX/Hox/Pox/RoX/Fox experience. Too much goodness in this period to regress back to the doo-doo stains of the last decade. But well said - this issue was a sight to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well well. Everything I've been championing for, everything I've been wanting for storm this issue finally gave us.

A cosmic story that allows her impact to the MU to be explored beyond being an Xman. Ewing gave me much pause with his direction in red but he really sold me in ROM. Not only did he solidify her goddess status (the power of coates) both in the natural world but in the afterlife but we saw her connections with to her ancestry.

What Claremont introduced, what Coates REMINDED US, and what Ewing is ending I can say as an uber fan of this character im so fulfilled. All the hard work, the petitions for better treatment of this character, the back and forth with mods/trolls on the internet who challenged assertions that ororo was something more than a mutant to now be fully validated by canon is such a moment! Such a great time to be a storm fan my friends!! I'm soo happy after all the poor treatment our girl has received over the years I can finally proclaim we won!!!!
    Well said. I'm hoping (probably in vain lol) for more victories.

The Good
    I LOVED EVERYTHING! Looking back over the last few years the writer, art, and colorist teams have been pretty amazing. Ewing really got this story off to a great start. I love that her Arrako family with Craig, Looloo, Cobb, & Lactuca really shows how much she has embraced outside of her time with the X-Men. This opening really illustrates how far Storm has come since starting her time on Arakko in SWORD, through Red, and now RoM. The relationships she's forged on Arakko really have so much potential for so much story for her long term. And Ewing is so well in tuned with the canon. I can't say it enough that is so refreshing to have a writer that values the history and components of their casts' experience, and what really keep readers connected to why we love the characters we do. I love where Ewing has gone so far. Like, however her magic and her understanding of it will continue to grow and manifest over the course of this book, she really seems to be connecting with her inner witch. How bad-a$$ to have her recognize that her dream wasn't really a dream. It takes me back to the time a powerless Storm could still sense the Dire Wraiths when they were approaching her and Forge under a cloak of invisibility. And Storm's history with Magneto is complicated. At one time an enemy, another a headmaster and co-White King of the Hellfire Club, to lukewarm colleagues, and then strong comrades in arms. I like the complexity of their relationship and there is a whole new aspect of storytelling from that perspective. It will be interesting to see if this changes their relationship dynamics during and after RoM. Her belief that he is what the mutants need, and not just to overcome Orchis. This has me really looking forward to next issue. Now Storm vs Tarn round 2 ! EPIC! I mean he really should have learned NOT to monologue with Storm, or ask her questions lol. She ended her reply with a MASSIVE exclamation point!!! Loved it.

Her reconnection with Ashake was awesome. I have always wanted to see her explored more and we got a nice taste of her here. She is clearly a very powerful witch and to have lived (on whatever plane) for thousands of years. I loved the tarot and the symbolism of magic that is being explored. And it feels unique in comparison to other popular magic users in the MU. Here's to hoping that if Ororo is in fact an "avatar of life" at her core that she gains that same longevity as Genesis in the physical world. And I wonder if there is more to the words/the interests of the Dominion in Storm and Magneto. Ewing is definitely laying down a foundation for some long term Storm stories. And hell yes to Ororo getting tested against cosmic level opposition.

The Bad
    Nothing. if anything we needed more pages. So many were sacrificed in Red that I hope all of the issues of this mini stay 30+ at least.

This I hope to see as the story moves on, besides the amazing storytelling for Ororo and Magneto, would be to see:

- Who all now comprise the GR
    - If Lodus and Kobak officially becomes a thing
    - What life on Arakko is like post the Genesis War
    - What happens with Ironfire and his bromance with White Sword
    - Does Storm and/or Magneto lose their seat on the GR for Storm breaking their promise to accept a life that ends. If they keep their seats is there a price for her actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lmao they surely would! I read that crap and had to post. Soooo ridiculous. If it was Emma, Jean, Iceman, Magneto, Exodus, etc. they would rationalize the sh$% out of the book and defend it as standard for them. For Storm? Oh no she can't be THAT powerful. She needs to know her place...

Yes. ugh it sucks so bad that we are nearing the end of this era. It feels so premature. We had to endure the "schools" and repetitive survival stories for 10+ years. I am so over/done with that, especially after having the DoX/Hox/Pox/RoX/Fox experience. Too much goodness in this period to regress back to the doo-doo stains of the last decade. But well said - this issue was a sight to behold.

Well said. I'm hoping (probably in vain lol) for more victories.

The Good
    I LOVED EVERYTHING! Looking back over the last few years the writer, art, and colorist teams have been pretty amazing. Ewing really got this story off to a great start. I love that her Arrako family with Craig, Looloo, Cobb, & Lactuca really shows how much she has embraced outside of her time with the X-Men. This opening really illustrates how far Storm has come since starting her time on Arakko in SWORD, through Red, and now RoM. The relationships she's forged on Arakko really have so much potential for so much story for her long term. And Ewing is so well in tuned with the canon. I can't say it enough that is so refreshing to have a writer that values the history and components of their casts' experience, and what really keep readers connected to why we love the characters we do. I love where Ewing has gone so far. Like, however her magic and her understanding of it will continue to grow and manifest over the course of this book, she really seems to be connecting with her inner witch. How bad-a$$ to have her recognize that her dream wasn't really a dream. It takes me back to the time a powerless Storm could still sense the Dire Wraiths when they were approaching her and Forge under a cloak of invisibility. And Storm's history with Magneto is complicated. At one time an enemy, another a headmaster and co-White King of the Hellfire Club, to lukewarm colleagues, and then strong comrades in arms. I like the complexity of their relationship and there is a whole new aspect of storytelling from that perspective. It will be interesting to see if this changes their relationship dynamics during and after RoM. Her belief that he is what the mutants need, and not just to overcome Orchis. This has me really looking forward to next issue. Now Storm vs Tarn round 2 ! EPIC! I mean he really should have learned NOT to monologue with Storm, or ask her questions lol. She ended her reply with a MASSIVE exclamation point!!! Loved it.

Her reconnection with Ashake was awesome. I have always wanted to see her explored more and we got a nice taste of her here. She is clearly a very powerful witch and to have lived (on whatever plane) for thousands of years. I loved the tarot and the symbolism of magic that is being explored. And it feels unique in comparison to other popular magic users in the MU. Here's to hoping that if Ororo is in fact an "avatar of life" at her core that she gains that same longevity as Genesis in the physical world. And I wonder if there is more to the words/the interests of the Dominion in Storm and Magneto. Ewing is definitely laying down a foundation for some long term Storm stories. And hell yes to Ororo getting tested against cosmic level opposition.

The Bad
    Nothing. if anything we needed more pages. So many were sacrificed in Red that I hope all of the issues of this mini stay 30+ at least.

This I hope to see as the story moves on, besides the amazing storytelling for Ororo and Magneto, would be to see:

- Who all now comprise the GR
    - If Lodus and Kobak officially becomes a thing
    - What life on Arakko is like post the Genesis War
    - What happens with Ironfire and his bromance with White Sword
    - Does Storm and/or Magneto lose their seat on the GR for Storm breaking their promise to accept a life that ends. If they keep their seats is there a price for her actions?
    I guess gr surely didn't matter to Storm anymore, when she gave life to the planet, defeated Genesis in front of everyone, and destroyed the annihilation Golden Helm, she went beyond this.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

The Dominions she encountered were facsimile constructs of the environment to test her determination to push forward. They clearly were not the real deal because Enigma itself still clearly exists outside of that realm. Plus, they found Maggie's spirit insufficient and they just left him there to suffer the next stage? That's not how Dominions operate...they consume all. Yes, it's a feat of sheer will and determination (as one would expect of Storm) but let's be level-headed here...Storm is not "stinging" an actual Dominion all by herself and certainly not that many as depicted on those pages.

Seeing as the Big Bad in this story is the Shadow King...He is most likely the one pulling all the mental strings and causing the misery and suffering she feels.

That's right though, context is key.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-25-2024 at 04:11 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Dominions she encountered were facsimile constructs of the environment to test her determination to push forward. They clearly were not the real deal because Enigma itself still clearly exists outside of that realm. Plus, they found Maggie's spirit insufficient and they just left him there to suffer the next stage? That's not how Dominions operate...they consume all. Yes, it's a feat of sheer will and determination (as one would expect of Storm) but let's be level-headed here...Storm is not "stinging" an actual Dominion all by herself and certainly not that many as depicted on those pages.

Seeing as the Big Bad in this story is the Shadow King...He is most likely the one pulling all the mental strings and causing the misery and suffering she feels.

Once you reach a dominion level you’re above a universal threat and this was before Enigma. Which is why a team was using the Phoenix blade to kill titans before they could before a dominion. Once ascended to that godlike power the only threats to the dominons are the Phoenix force and Galactus. Of course this is provided by powers and X and marvel did a whole page on there website introducing these abstract being.
    Last edited by KLY360; 01-25-2024 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

The dominion that Storm faced is the real dominion, when she questions the intelligence about the place she is, they claim that she is beyond, outside, mystery, overspace. Al ewing had already stated that Storm would engage in a cosmic adventure and deal with cosmic threats. They consume what they believe is worth consuming.

Edited...for new found clarity.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-25-2024 at 09:42 AM.