Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Y'all

I HAVE SEEN THE PROMISED LAND. let me tell you ROM 1 is probably the best the storm story ever. It's so good I still don't feel well. It's so good I feel like I need time to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Y'all

I HAVE SEEN THE PROMISED LAND. let me tell you ROM 1 is probably the best the storm story ever. It's so good I still don't feel well. It's so good I feel like I need time to recover.

Wednesday can't get here any quicker, I'm bout to OVer bOli with excitement
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Y'all

Oh My Goddess, for a moment I thought there was a new ROM the Spaceknight comic with Storm in it and I was so confused until I realized you meant Ressurection of Magneto LOL

Incredible Member

Happy Storm eve guys

We will definitely be happy tomorrow. Really, really happy. It makes me sad that Al is leaving the X-Men because that man was a goddess send.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Happy 2024 everyone. Wednesday needs to come soon.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

I'm ecstatic. That's what we needed.
    I hope Ewing keeps the rhythm going until the end of the issue. Everything is impeccable, the writing, the plot, the art, the STORM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

can't wait to discuss the issue. a phenomenal read. it captures everything I've been wanting from a storm centric story.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

I have never been on the solo train for Storm in recent years but if Al Ewing is writing it, then let's go. My gawdess, this issue was phenomenal. It was perfect from the first page to the end, every writer needs to take note. The pacing, the craft, the details, the flow. This is a masterclass in the basics of how to write anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this was so good. would love to see an hogwarts style open world game where ororo could go crazy.
    Perhaps something like a mixture of Zone of Enders and a spectacle fighter would do her powerset more justice though.

For example having two primary combat scenarios. Air combat and ground combat.

In air combat she can freely float up/down and accelerate into every direction at the same speed (hence Zone of Enders), within certain larger environments in which the player has to progress between groups of enemies which become increasingly more mixed with different types of enemies, each more subjective or resistant to certain weather powers and encouraging different strategies.

Like the player might want to save the dangerously precise helicopter drone enemies for later, to smash them into the Mark II sentinel. Or ice up enemy missiles and make them drop to the ground harmlessly, where they can be picked up with a tornado, launched back into the air and then detonated at targets with a a weak but area of effect focused electric discharge.

Similar for protection she could have a shield bubble summoned around her which can be either based on wind, clouds or lightning, each either negating or absorbing certain types of attacks.

Meanwhile the ground combat part could involve a basic set of attacks and counters (ala Batman Arkham), but the true bread and butter would again be using and mixing the different weather powers Storm has at her disposale to fight off mixed groups of enemies.

So both combat scenarios would follow the "find the rythem" kind of action games, where the combat becomes a sort of "dance" the player has to learn and is encoruaged to perfect, which can also invite replay value.

In general, Storm seems like a character which is somewhat tricky to find the right kind of game for, especially when it involves the player controlling the X-men as a team, since that limits the scope of gameplay (something characters like Wolverine always profit from more because of his very restricted powerset) and means characters like Storm will be nerfed or downplayed compared to what they can do with their powers in the source material.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-23-2024 at 06:19 PM.

Fantastic Member

that was an amazing read. Amazing.

Exquisite. From the first page to the last, this was a beautiful issue. Luciano Vecchio and the color team delivered a gorgeous book and of course Al Ewing continues to be one of the greats. I have a jammed packed morning so please someone feel free to do the spoiler thread and I'll def be around to participate and post scans if needed.

spoilers:
    Tarn is still that pain in the ass LOL
    end of spoilers
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Literally one of if not the best Storm issue ever. I wish Ewing had control over the X-Office, but at least we'll always have his run to cherish.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Literally one of if not the best Storm issue ever. I wish Ewing had control over the X-Office, but at least we'll always have his run to cherish.
    i'm just going to agree.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I definitely need to read this issue a second time.
    The visual\art was top notch.
    If there is a solo in the future , this man needs to write it.