Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1502

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My reason for not wanting Jean with the PF is bc she doesnt need it. She is powerful enough without it adn has proven to be able to do most of the things she has as Phoenix without actually having the Force save eradicating timelines (which quite frankly isnt something that would come into play often anyway). Its a crutch and a way to devalue her feats when people dismiss it as saying (well she only did that bc she had the PF to power her up). This Krakoa era had her defeating demon god Nightmare (twice), taking on a Celestial, weakening Knull, using her telepathy across dimensions and timeline, not to mention prior to this she had resurrected herself and rebuilt her body molecule by molecule with pure psionic energy. That was all without the Phoenix Force. When people say she's only one of the most powerful member bc of the PF, that just isnt true. Besides I prefer her grounded to Earth and with the X-men. I'll enjoy her new series for what it is bc it is something different but I dont think thats a status quo I would like to see longterm as they are teetering towards making her unviable and the last time they went there, they killed her off and kept her dead for 14 years.

Um see above. There is no hypocrisy when it came to Jean. You just threw her name out there and made a wild assumption on how I felt about her. What I wrote has been my stands for as long as Ive written about her in her thread. I can understand if you are unaware of that if you dont frequnt it but the only reason I expounded upon it here is bc ya'll are bringing her up to try and make a point that doesnt track
    I pretty much agree with all of this. These characters are powerful enough without adding this and that. I like that Storm could occasionally use magic but I don’t want it to be her focus. She has so much more than that. I’m my mind it waters her down.

Boy, did Byrne ever deliver a beautiful, powerful Storm
    IMG_1074.jpg

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deer God View Post
    I pretty much agree with all of this. These characters are powerful enough without adding this and that. I like that Storm could occasionally use magic but I don’t want it to be her focus. She has so much more than that. I’m my mind it waters her down.
    While I don't think it waters her down...it is a fundamental part of her back-story...I wouldn't mind if they took their time to slowly explore her magical side and bringing it to the fore.

It's one of the many gripes I have with Coates' "You are a Goddess!" reveal in Black Panther. He alludes to it in a conversation or two. Then presto-zappo!...in the midst of a battle with the Adversary T'Challa tells her she's a Goddess, Wakanda prays, she accesses her God-head...Boom! Adversary vanquished, with no follow up or follow through. With the X-side not even bothering other than to casually mention here and there she is a Goddess with access to a God-power (whatever that might be...nobody knows).

It would be greatly appreciated if they treated her mystical aspects with a lot more respect, care and attention, if they go that route (In the Back to Basics Era most of her recent character/power progression might just be conveniently swept to the side depending on the edict or the writer's pitch/interest)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While I don't think it waters her down...it is a fundamental part of her back-story...I wouldn't mind if they took their time to slowly explore her magical side and bringing it to the fore.

It's one of the many gripes I have with Coates' "You are a Goddess!" reveal in Black Panther. He alludes to it in a conversation or two. Then presto-zappo!...in the midst of a battle with the Adversary T'Challa tells her she's a Goddess, Wakanda prays, she accesses her God-head...Boom! Adversary vanquished, with no follow up or follow through. With the X-side not even bothering other than to casually mention here and there she is a Goddess with access to a God-power (whatever that might be...nobody knows).

It would be greatly appreciated if they treated her mystical aspects with a lot more respect, care and attention, if they go that route (In the Back to Basics Era most of her recent character/power progression might just be conveniently swept to the side depending on the edict or the writer's pitch/interest)
    My opinion if anybody should have gotten access to a Storm ongoing it should have been Ewing or Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Detail, apart from the cosmic title that she has just received as an avatar of life that in a certain way merges with the concept of Hadari Yao. I think they have to develop all these loose ends and now is the opportune time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    And yet even still she's intertwined with it, and always will be no matter what, just as Ororo is to her Ancestral Magic, why deny knowing how strongly it ties to her character and history? and the only reason why I brought up Jean and Wanda is to show that characters as strong as they, still won't have their power Fully invoked in every trial and tribulation, so Storm having magic doesn't give her unbreakable plot armor or unstoppable power, in fact, her magics are most likely to be intertwined with her mutant power, so it's not as if she has an entirely new power set that's grossly OP
    The “Jean shouldn’t be Phoenix” people are delirius, and are not to be taken seriously. They like their characters in a weakened state. Did Thor need the Odinforce? Not really. Did Captain Marvel need to go Binary? Nope. Did Emma Frost need a secondary ability to turn diamond? Of course not. But one thing that is common in comics is change. Characters aren’t always as they were originally. But in Jean’s case, we’re talking something that was unique to her, until Marvel decided everyone should have a shot at it. Now, Jean’s gift is returned to her, where it belongs.

All-New Member

Anyone else think it would be cool if The Brood storyline is touched on in Xmen 97? We only got one episode for them during Xmen TAS and it was way toned down. I want at least a three part episode and it would be the perfect time to see Storms galactic core feat on full display. Please make it happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticcore View Post
    Anyone else think it would be cool if The Brood storyline is touched on in Xmen 97? We only got one episode for them during Xmen TAS and it was way toned down. I want at least a three part episode and it would be the perfect time to see Storms galactic core feat on full display. Please make it happen!!
    I would DIE if they did a solid adaptation of the Brood Saga. The galactic core feat would blow peoples MINDS! I just wish they did everything in proper sequence. It was that near-death experience that led to her unsettled nature, then she fought Callisto, then she met Yuriko, then she cut her hair, then she lost her powers, then she kicked butt for years without her powers, then she got tricked into stabbing Forge, then they spent time in the Adversary's dimension, then she got her powers back. I hate that they are probably going to compress most of that into one episode, but at the rate they've been moving, they might just pull if off somehow! Still, I hope the MCU adaptation takes its time and uses the canon more closely.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

At this point...I'm tired of them very loosely adapting these old stories and doing so badly. I know every X-Men fan is in a constant orgasmic state with XM97 but that patchwork quilt is not very comforting for me at all. It's different but not really new and a lot of the emotional nuance just isn't there, because it is so choppy and not really following the actual printed story.

Forget live action...I keep wondering what a full-length animated movie would look like either using just one arc in full, complete detail...let's say the Brood Saga, or Inferno. Or a completely new and original story separate from the comic books.

I'll just keep wondering.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

bloodstorm should never be forgotten.

I never did.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    bloodstorm should never be forgotten.

I love Bloodstorm. Loved that universe
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    The “Jean shouldn’t be Phoenix” people are delirius, and are not to be taken seriously. They like their characters in a weakened state. Did Thor need the Odinforce? Not really. Did Captain Marvel need to go Binary? Nope. Did Emma Frost need a secondary ability to turn diamond? Of course not. But one thing that is common in comics is change. Characters aren’t always as they were originally. But in Jean’s case, we’re talking something that was unique to her, until Marvel decided everyone should have a shot at it. Now, Jean’s gift is returned to her, where it belongs.

Storm like Jean are powerful characters in their own right. I do like it best when they are powerful without being so overpowered that they can't function in a team without making everyone else feel redundant. But I do love that they are both in their peak power era. We should have fun with it while it lasts. You never know when things will change like you said.

I do eventually want to see both on a team and together but until then I will be enjoying the heck out of their solo series. I hope we don't have to wait too long until we get details about the Storm solo.

I can't wait for this coming week's X-men 97 episode to see Storm against the Adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Did you even read my last post on this? NOTHING about Jean has been showing her portrayed as weak since she was made leader of the X-men. I like that her feats have been undenibaly her bc haters like to say she is weak and only powerful if she gets a Phoenix Force powerup

Nobody:

Me at randomly throughout the day : ANCIENT SANDS, HEED MY COMMAND!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡