Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I have questions.

What exactly is an Asgardian atmosphere?

Given that the Rainbow Bridge is a mythical/mystical hard light construct yes it's plausible she could create a facsimile thereof, but shouldn't it have taken more effort and incantation?

That art is very wonky.

The dialogue is a tad cringe.
    Perhaps it will come up against the question that it does not require enchantments, as it is magic itself.

I mean creating a star wasn't exactly status quo for her nor was banishing a demon lord and I don't recall her needing an incantation for that. I'm just saying Storm is a rare case of Omega Level Mutant, Sorceress Supreme blood and Goddess there really are no rules or limitations aside from her flesh and imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Perhaps it will come up against the question that it does not require enchantments, as it is magic itself.
    I look at it the same way she disperses that fog in Scarlet Witch. If it's mystical and presents itself as some form of weather phenomenon, she can control it, shape it AND create it.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    I look at it the same way she disperses that fog in Scarlet Witch. If it's mystical and presents itself as some form of weather phenomenon, she can control it, shape it AND create it.
    Could you give me the name of that Wanda issue? I remember reading it but don't see it in my Kindle app I'd really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Could you give me the name of that Wanda issue? I remember reading it but don't see it in my Kindle app I'd really appreciate it.
    That would be Scarlet Witch #2 by Steve Orlando. It's the back-up story of the issue.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This is Storm now....
    Rainbow_Raider_001.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Except in that back-up story...she didn't just disperse it with a snap of her fingers. She had to invoke and incantate for that spell to work.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I am going to build off what you just said as I just read the issue and it is excellent. She created her own rainbow bridge.

a great way to end black history month and the writer is a black woman!!! so beautiful to see! thanks for sharing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    What are the "rules" anymore anyway to the editorial and writing staff of Marvel comics?
    what do you mean by rules? what types of rules would need to be applied here?

I said it before and I'll say it again, this era has been monumental for Storm... unlike any other I don't want it to end she out here creating Asguardian rainbow bridges, mini suns and hurting God's & Dominions I can't even breathe...
    yassssss to all of this. everything you highlighted has been what I've been hoping for and more for ororo. I would have never dreamed this would have been the case for her 10 years ago. now we're taling about her creating portals to other realms, healing the blind, and as you said hurting some of the big bads of marvel universe. I'm so incredibly full we all as fans witnessed this.

I mean do god's need spells to do divine things? I know Sorcerer's do but Storm's more than that... as far as effort is concerned were talking about a lady who created an habitable atmosphere for an entire planet and generated a star out the blue without breaking a sweat.
    speak on it!

Not if she overcame her limitation of needing to be in a specific place in order to shape its energies to her desires, coupled with her energy sight and her being able to replicate any elemental phenomenon after observing it? It doesn't seem far fetched.
    again no lies detected. and all under her own power babies!!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Storm can travel between realms, open portals or close them. It'st not her usual powerset but we have a good half dozen instances of her doing it

Except in that back-up story...she didn't just disperse it with a snap of her fingers. She had to invoke and incantate for that spell to work.
    Invoke and incantate where?
    RCO026_1675288676.jpg

The only time Storm used an incantation in this story was to bind the creature she faced alongside Wannda.
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 02-28-2024 at 08:08 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Clearly not on that page you're showing.

And she had to do it in tandem with Wanda's spell.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Oh I understand the issue now. You're confused.

I likened the bifrost feat to her using her powers on a mystical barrier that presented itself as fog.

You're talking about Wanda asking her to help bind a creature. Got it

And even then, Storm's spell took the shape of lightning which goes back to my point. If it's mystical and presents itself as weather phenomenon she's controlling it.
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 02-28-2024 at 08:13 PM.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

to clear the fog? she did it alone

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Storm can travel between realms, open portals or close them. It'st not her usual powerset but we have a good half dozen instances of her doing it
    1. Trion dimension
    2. sefakas portal closed
    3. mages powered portal opened from limbo when magik couldn't
    4. closed portal created by blowback
    5. travel between realm created by Wanda overspace??? (would u count this one)

then this most recent that's about all I could think of.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. Trion dimension
    2. sefakas portal closed
    3. mages powered portal opened from limbo when magik couldn't
    4. closed portal created by blowback
    5. travel between realm created by Wanda overspace??? (would u count this one)

then this most recent that's about all I could think of.
    I'm still thinking about blowback's portal. How is he able go make portals in the sky using unnatural weather??
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡