Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

I was joking......mostly.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I was joking......mostly.

I know. Lol

Though, you know someone gonna try to make a case for it.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-22-2024 at 03:43 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

No, I want Cosmic Abstract entity level Storm! Goddess of Life!

me too and I'm not joking HA!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. I am perfectly fine with her powers being equal to Gaea the mother of the Earth. Powerful but with some limits
    Correct. I do Agree with you LordAllMIghty

Calling Storm Full Potential equal to that of Abstract Entities is a bit a of a stretch. Like Ashake said. "There are Forces to which even a Goddess must bow".

However, I do believe Storm is as powerful as Gaea an Elder God. That I do believe. Just Like the Scarlet Witch has Chthon. Storm has Oshtur.

But hey if it does turn out Storm is as powerful as Abstract Entities LOL I wouldn't be mad at it.

Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 02-23-2024 at 12:26 PM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Mighty Member

I would prefer her fitting into the Adam Warlock mold being something other than a cosmic abstract but can become one of she chose. I don't want limits on her growth as a character and I want her to be unique in the cosmos.

The first X-Men forever put forth the idea that the Celestials implanted the x-gene into its humans so that they would one day take the place of the Abstract Entities. This is the series that first called Jean and Iceman "Omega" level mutants.(Obviously Rachel was the first mention of the term by Nimrod back in the 80's...)

celestialdestinyofmutants.jpg

celestialdestinyofmutants2.jpg

So, it's been established as a pathway. Obviously many things have changed over the years. I detest them having made the Eternals 3D printed robots for example. Kirby clearly established his Eternals, Deviants, and humans(with the genetic potential for powers, aka the X-gene, already inserted, but largely dormant in the vast majority) as being siblings or at least cousins all descended from the exact same group of proto-humans indigenous to earth. The Deviants were programmed for infinite mutation with various forms. The Eternals were programmed for godliness, and very soon developed themselves with their own scientific experiments to become capable of channeling cosmic energy and be superstrong/fast/psychic/etc and immortal. They literally just lived that long. Humans were programmed for a bit of both, so there's variety of form and variety of godliness.

The modern take on Eternals makes them manufactured and respawn from "the machine called Earth", and the leaves the Deviants as the only direct progenitors of human mutants, and they are just the result of a dead Celestials' necrotic fluids seeping into the ground, and it just grates me to no end. I wish the MCU had taken more from the Kirby originals, and less from the modern muck(that movie was almost good despite itself, if only they had introduced the concept of mutants there, maybe even cameoed young Selene or Apocalypse along the way).

But it's that Celestial-placed X-gene that is behind all the superheroes on earth being so strong and influencing everything beyond their somewhat sleepy planet on the cosmic scale and even interdimensionally. The Celestials wanted great things from the humans of earth. That can be naturally activated(mutants), or activated externally through a catalyst(mutates like the FF, Spidey, Hulk/etc.), and also Inhumans (though they have additional Kree manipulations activated with Terrigen), but all their powers are actually coming from the same [Celestial]source. Anyways, long story short, there is a clear path for Omega mutants to become Cosmic Entity level beings, or even greater! And I wouldn't take Storm there often, but I see that sort of story being her endgame, which we also somewhat saw in Ages of Apocalypse's immortal elemental Storm, and the Black Vortex's Storm who was showering planets with asteroids. The potential is there(such as when she hosted Eternity in her body without going insane).

greaterthanabstractentities.jpg
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-23-2024 at 02:45 PM.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The first X-Men forever put forth the idea that the Celestials implanted the x-gene into its humans so that they would one day take the place of the Abstract Entities. This is the series that first called Jean and Iceman "Omega" level mutants.(Obviously Rachel was the first mention of the term by Nimrod back in the 80's...)

celestialdestinyofmutants.jpg

celestialdestinyofmutants2.jpg

So, it's been established as a pathway. Obviously many things have changed over the years. I detest them having made the Eternals 3D printed robots for example. Kirby clearly established his Eternals, Deviants, and humans(with the genetic potential for powers, aka the X-gene, already inserted, but largely dormant in the vast majority) as being siblings or at least cousins all descended from the exact same group of proto-humans indigenous to earth. The Deviants were programmed for infinite mutation with various forms. The Eternals were programmed for godliness, and very soon developed themselves with their own scientific experiments to become capable of channeling cosmic energy and be superstrong/fast/psychic/etc and immortal. They literally just lived that long. Humans were programmed for a bit of both, so there's variety of form and variety of godliness.

The modern take on Eternals makes them manufactured and respawn from "the machine called Earth", and the leaves the Deviants as the only direct progenitors of human mutants, and they are just the result of a dead Celestials' necrotic fluids seeping into the ground, and it just grates me to no end. I wish the MCU had taken more from the Kirby originals, and less from the modern muck(that movie was almost good despite itself, if only they had introduced the concept of mutants there, maybe even cameoed young Selene or Apocalypse along the way).

But it's that Celestial-placed X-gene that is behind all the superheroes on earth being so strong and influencing everything beyond their somewhat sleepy planet on the cosmic scale and even interdimensionally. The Celestials wanted great things from the humans of earth. That can be naturally activated(mutants), or activated externally through a catalyst(mutates like the FF, Spidey, Hulk/etc.), and also Inhumans (though they have additional Kree manipulations activated with Terrigen), but all their powers are actually coming from the same [Celestial]source. Anyways, long story short, there is a clear path for Omega mutants to become Cosmic Entity level beings, or even greater! And I wouldn't take Storm there often, but I see that sort of story being her endgame, which we also somewhat saw in Ages of Apocalypse's immortal elemental Storm, and the Black Vortex's Storm who was showering planets with asteroids. The potential is there(such as when she hosted Eternity in her body without going insane).

greaterthanabstractentities.jpg
    Well hell, I didn't know Marvel changed the origin of mutants and Eternals.

Thanks for info Yoga

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I appreciate her darker complexion here than in the original TAS and the noticeable blue of her eyes...and...and...nope...That's all I got.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I appreciate her darker complexion here than in the original TAS and the noticeable blue of her eyes...and...and...nope...That's all I got.
    I don't mind her being dark but they ain't have to make her that dark

Oh my goodness...
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Well hell, I didn't know Marvel changed the origin of mutants and Eternals.

Thanks for info Yoga
    They couldn't leave well enough alone.

My pleasure.

This looks amazing.
    Screenshot_20240225-182745~2.jpg

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I don't mind her being dark but they ain't have to make her that dark
    I never thought I'd have to defend this but...There's absolutely nothing wrong with her dark skin tone there. Not one thing!

Ideally...for the XMCU I would want an actress as beauty-fully complected as Anok, Jodie or Yetide. So...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-25-2024 at 07:50 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!