Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I never thought I'd have to defend this but...There's absolutely nothing wrong with her dark skin tone there. Not one thing!

Ideally...for the XMCU I would want an actress as beauty-fully complected as Anok, Jodie or Yetide. So...
    Did I say there was something wrong with it?

I wonder if this page from X-MEN '97 #1 is their version of the "Hullo Kitten" page from the original first appearance of the mohawk? Jubilee subs in for Kitty...but with a much more positive response...
    Earlier in the issue, Storm still has her long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Last edited by Thirteen; 02-25-2024 at 09:29 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

As much as I hate the Mohawk, (always have and probably always will), I hate those kitten heels more. They are neither glamorous nor practical—just an odd height made in another era. Might as well stick with cute flats or go all the way than halfway between two styles that work with nothing. They are a frumpy look!

Storm's Mohawk was an outward reflection of an inward conflict she was struggling with. It was not just a fashion statement. Slapping that haircut on her without the journey she went thorugh to land there is a real disservice to the character.

If they wanted to update her look, this X-Men Red would have been great!

Storm X-Men Red.jpg

But if they insisted on a Mohawk, then at least use Humberto Ramos's updated look from Extraordinary X-Men. What this run was pretty forgettable, the only thing I kind-of, sort-of, liked from it was the more fashion foward version of the Mohawk.

Storm Mohawk - Huberto Ramos.jpg

I need everyone involved in approving the 97' Mohawk to burn in the deepest of pits. In the words of my girl Zatanna

By all the dark hosts of Hades, destroy them!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    As much as I hate the Mohawk, (always have and probably always will), I hate those kitten heels more. They are neither glamorous nor practical—just an odd height made in another era. Might as well stick with cute flats or go all the way than halfway between two styles that work with nothing. They are a frumpy look!

Storm's Mohawk was an outward reflection of an inward conflict she was struggling with. It was not just a fashion statement. Slapping that haircut on her without the journey she went thorugh to land there is a real disservice to the character.

If they wanted to update her look, this X-Men Red would have been great!

Storm X-Men Red.jpg

But if they insisted on a Mohawk, then at least use Humberto Ramos's updated look from Extraordinary X-Men. What this run was pretty forgettable, the only thing I kind-of, sort-of, liked from it was the more fashion foward version of the Mohawk.

Storm Mohawk - Huberto Ramos.jpg
    and now that i'm looking at it her face looks more masculine than the original animated series smdh

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm was always very stylish in the comics...you would have thought they brought some of that haute couture to this project. That white suit just looks like an Emma cast off. And yes those "sensible" fugly shoes are offensive on all levels. I remember that issue where Jubilation meets the X-Ladies for the first time in the Mall and they were fabulush!!! If this is what they're projecting off of the TV series then it's even worse than I think.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I need everyone involved in approving the 97' Mohawk to burn in the deepest of pits. In the words of my girl Zatanna

By all the dark hosts of Hades, destroy them!
    Lol, ouch it burns so good.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've loved her first mohawk from the first day I saw it in the very first comic I bought. And while I do appreciate her look at the time was just an outward expression of her inner turmoil I also acknowledge that that was decades ago even before XM:TAS and that she really doesn't need an excuse/reason now to wear her hair like that...as it's clearly just a fashion (mainly artistic homage) choice now. I also loved when Alan Davis, Romita Jr. and Silvestri grew it out longer just before FotM and Coipel's mohawk revisit in the (all female) X-Men was beauty-full as well. I didn't care much for the Ramos version in EXM but then I didn't care or read much about that run overall.

In '97 you could argue she's going for that "edgy" look but it lacks the drama and statement (especially with Lee's boring AF costume) of the Ramos 'hawk or even Dauterman's current Swept Up 'do as the art style is ruining it completely with her hair standing up like a cockatoo's crest instead of looking like actual hair.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-26-2024 at 12:20 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

X-Men 97 is literally the worst Storm has ever looked.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    X-Men 97 is literally the worst Storm has ever looked.
    I argue back with WATX. I Hate the face and that blob of hair

I'm the only one who liked Storm's hair style from the Onslaught/Zero Tollerance era?

(Minus the hair white, I've been keeping this hairstyle since years).
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I'm the only one who liked Storm's hair style from the Onslaught/Zero Tollerance era? (Minus the hair white, I've been keeping this hairstyle since years).
    Only? Unlikely. But judging by how seldomly it is brought up or alluded to among fans (same as that purple costume), it's fair to say it didn't left much of a mark.

Which is somewhat amusing considering how the end of her first solo (mini) series tried to sell it as her grand "new look" akin to the mohawk. But just like the hair style, that entire moment in X-men history turned out mostly forgotten aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I'm the only one who liked Storm's hair style from the Onslaught/Zero Tollerance era?

(Minus the hair white, I've been keeping this hairstyle since years).
    I've always loved that whole look. The costume was so ridiculous and impractical and oh so very 90s, but Joe Mad and Bachalo made it work. And the hair was fresh and different so I instantly took a liking to it. It's a wonder T-Boz didn't sue Marvel comics for trademark infringement lol. Storm's look during this time was Crazy, Sexy, Cool
    Last edited by Saturius; 02-26-2024 at 07:47 PM.

The Tboz was fine. I was happy when she grew her hair out and pulled her diadem out from under the floorboards with her stash of gold coins, but it was fine. I would have rather the '97 show went for that look than the cockatoo crest, but whatever.

My enthusiasm and hope for the new series is officially set at zero. It's getting close to negative numbers, actually, I'm kinda bracing for impact. I have a very specific dislike for the mohawk and cape combination. You have to pick one, they do not go together. And the pants suit with her Christmas pajamas under the jacket look is atrocious. Cringe.

Goddess take me now! Someone travel back in time and make them do a better job with this series before it comes out!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It's a damn shame that such basic line-work and coloring, especially with the ease of a drawing tablet, that something is released with messy lines. They couldn't even be bothered to color in the lines. And they're making us pay for this.

And no, this look ain't it.

You're drawing STORM here, not Soft-Serve.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men