Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh I'm kinda nervous and excited at same time but I don't think the two will fight... not for real at least but it potentially good be really good if we got what we did in issue 1!!
    I'm hoping for a sparing match brother and sister style, it'd be awesome to see Storm pull something totally unique from Asgards magical environment... as was said her powers manifest differently depending on where she's at and Asguardian rules are completely different from Midgards.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I did read what you said, I disagree with it. The timeline doesn't add up. I don't see the evidence to say that put pressure on any of the writers to start to develop her magic side when there was prior continuity going back add up. decades that alludes to it and them never using it.
    So what other ever had been heavily hinting and showing her mystical side? 1990s to 2010? We got a hint every now wa then from her hosting to Eternity, using magic that was harming Magik, saying she has an affinity to magic, seeing dark magic in the air from vampires, and some more.

Now it’s consistent and it all started with her godhead and Storm being mentioned of being an actual goddess from the black panther office to X-men office. Now we have Al giving her magic feats and other writers doing the same.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    So what other ever had been heavily hinting and showing her mystical side? 1990s to 2010? We got a hint every now wa then from her hosting to Eternity, using magic that was harming Magik, saying she has an affinity to magic, seeing dark magic in the air from vampires, and some more.

Now it’s consistent and it all started with her godhead and Storm being mentioned of being an actual goddess from the black panther office to X-men office. Now we have Al giving her magic feats and other writers doing the same.
    Being an actual goddess did nothing to illustrate her magic potential that has existed since the magik and storm mini. Your post illustrated that there have been huge feats from her that use this for years. The godhead is separate from the magic a your post points out. The godhead is new. The magic isn't. We saw an alternative storm that learned magic and took out a hell lord twice in his dimension. We saw her actually reading and sending nightcrawler on his supernatural adventures. If you have evidence that links the godhead to the magic than show it. An assumption doesn't do it.

Look at what I just bought at gamestop y'all!

20240229_152606.jpg
    Last edited by metalclouds; 02-29-2024 at 08:19 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Being an actual goddess did nothing to illustrate her magic potential that has existed since the magik and storm mini. Your post illustrated that there have been huge feats from her that use this for years. The godhead is separate from the magic a your post points out. The godhead is new. The magic isn't. We saw an alternative storm that learned magic and took out a hell lord twice in his dimension. We saw her actually reading and sending nightcrawler on his supernatural adventures. If you have evidence that links the godhead to the magic than show it. An assumption doesn't do it.

To be fair, the assumption that Coates made by tying her godhead to ancestors was inclusive of her mystical heritage. See attached.

States she comes from an "ancient mystical line of godheads..."
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I'm hoping for a sparing match brother and sister style, it'd be awesome to see Storm pull something totally unique from Asgards magical environment... as was said her powers manifest differently depending on where she's at and Asguardian rules are completely different from Midgards.
    I would love this especially if it comes with some new feats. from what I heard it drops next week so we will find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Look at what I just bought at gamestop y'all!20240229_152606.jpg
    oooh nice thank you for sharing beloved

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Thank you.

That's why I need more explanation because we're about to get ate up by negativity
    I get it and understand, but do iceman fans get berated with explaining how he could stop time or do Jean fans get berated after what she did to nightmare when both Wanda and thor had problems with him? do they need to offer these explanations or is it just widely accepted? most of these folks who are complaining are doing so not even a full understanding of her mystical/Divine heritage as well. so it's a lot you will have to contend with but just know that this rarely, if ever, applied to other characters not named Storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's an interesting divide. Jean is all Fire/Life and Cosmic Forces and Ororo is Air/Life and Mystical Forces. Boy...Charles knows how to pick them. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It's an interesting divide. Jean is all Fire/Life and Cosmic Forces and Ororo is Air/Life and Mystical Forces. Boy...Charles knows how to pick them. Lol
    but only one debuted ss such... just saying

that said who is water and earth???

but only one debuted ss such... just saying

that said who is water and earth???
    Has Iceman ever controlled water in a way that wasn't just freezing or turning into it? Like can he bend it Katara style... if so it's gotta be him as he literally embodies the element. I've heard some say his real power is to remove heat so would his secondary mutation be his ability to become the element like Emma's is to become diamond?

Mighty Member

To be fair, the assumption that Coates made by tying her godhead to ancestors was inclusive of her mystical heritage. See attached.

godheads..."
    I wish you could just include the full quote. It's right there in the page. They called her a quasi diety. In Africa her ancestors were worshipped, that's not new or something coates even established. He's just following continuity. There is a reason the wind rider moniker is ancient. But back to my point there is no evidence that his inclusion of this new facet of her being influenced the x-men to explore her magic side as that was established in the early 80's.

I wish you could just include the full quote. It's right there in the page. They called her a quasi diety. In Africa her ancestors were worshipped, that's not new or something coates even established. He's just following continuity. There is a reason the wind rider moniker is ancient. But back to my point there is no evidence that his inclusion of this new facet of her being influenced the x-men to explore her magic side as that was established in the early 80's.
    Let's look at the relevant parts;

"Ororo is a mutant who comes from an ancient mystical godheads, quasi-dieties empowered by faith."

This talks to her ancestral line which canonically, if not mistaken, where really powerful sorceresses but none were ever worshipped as actual gods. This is true of Ashake and Ayesha, although god-like in their power, they were not gods as they never had worshippers and thus would not be able to access their godhead.

Next part,
    "...Wakandan faith in her enabled her to access her godhead abilities; many Wakandans now consider her to be the goddess Hadari Yao. "

Without faith ororo would not have been able to access that part of her mystical heritage that would allow her to tap into her divine abilities. Nonetheless they (her mystical and godhead) are all connected both tied to her ancestry.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-29-2024 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Has Iceman ever controlled water in a way that wasn't just freezing or turning into it? Like can he bend it Katara style... if so it's gotta be him as he literally embodies the element. I've heard some say his real power is to remove heat so would his secondary mutation be his ability to become the element like Emma's is to become diamond?
    I honestly don't know. I can't say for sure but I don't think so.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-29-2024 at 11:28 PM.

Started re-watching X-Men TAS, for obvious reasons. And after seeing the African episode with Storm, Shadowking and her adopted son Visnary. I have to ask did Visnary ever appeared in the 616 comic universe?
    If not that is a waste of a really cool African character.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Started re-watching X-Men TAS, for obvious reasons. And after seeing the African episode with Storm, Shadowking and her adopted son Visnary. I have to ask did Visnary ever appeared in the 616 comic universe?

Mij'nari does not appear in the 616 Continuity.

He is not a real Character.

The Only Nephew Storm has is David. However, we haven't seen him in a LONG time.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 03-01-2024 at 08:09 AM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Mij'nari does not appear in the 616 Continuity.

He is not a real Character.

The Only Nephew Storm has is David. However, we haven't seen him in a LONG time.
    In 616 continuity, MJNARI is tribal elder with whom Ororo has pivotal interactions during the seminal Storm tale LIFEDEATH 2. TAS took the name for Ororo's adopted son for that episode.

DAVID MUNROE (not to be confused with Storm's father of the same name) is Ororo's cousin. She has no siblings from whom a nephew would come that we know of as far as I recall.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-01-2024 at 08:19 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.