Page 79 of 101 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1502

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where do you guys predict will be up next for storm after the relaunch? what would you like her solo to be about?
    Ewing showed us that Storm musical side has tons of potential to explore. If Jean going the cosmic route, then Storm should go the Magic route. Magic has the potential to rival cosmic power, that's the reason we have the Living Tribunal to keep it in check.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, because baby this thread MOVES, but Storm is getting a YA origin novel:

Yeah saw that hopefully it's gonna be interesting
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    At this point throw her into the Magic Realm.

It's time Storm started casting Spells and fighting other being of power like Dormmamu and Mephisto etc. Or something. But, put her in the crosshairs of Dr. Strange and Ohstur it's time they BOTH had a talk.

LOVES ALL OF THIS!! But how do we get her there from where she is now? She hasn't really been trained or done anything really outside of the Wanda story.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Making Storm a sorceress feels like overkill for her with where she is at now
    Why would it be overkill and where is she exactly now?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Ewing showed us that Storm musical side has tons of potential to explore. If Jean going the cosmic route, then Storm should go the Magic route. Magic has the potential to rival cosmic power, that's the reason we have the Living Tribunal to keep it in check.

Yeah saw that hopefully it's gonna be interesting
    I see cosmic stuff within Ororo's current wheelhouse from her mutant powers perspective. Galatic core, her acanti feat, and her fight with silver Surfer and stardust are a testament to this. so with where Ewing left her it seems the natural progression would be for her to start the journey down the path of her magical roots.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Why would it be overkill and where is she exactly now?
    I mean with them fully embracing her omega status and expanding on that in addition toher godhood...does she really need to be casting spells and becoming a mystic character as well? It does feel like too much and puts her in a positio where she literally can do anything. Maybe it could be something to explore were she depowered, but she's not

I mean with them fully embracing her omega status and expanding on that in addition toher godhood...does she really need to be casting spells and becoming a mystic character as well? It does feel like too much and puts her in a positio where she literally can do anything. Maybe it could be something to explore were she depowered, but she's not
    We have a Jean Omega imbued with the power of the Phoenix. Your speech doesn't work anymore...

Making Storm a sorceress feels like overkill for her with where she is at now
    No, it's not, that's what she is by inheritance.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    We have a Jean Omega imbued with the power of the Phoenix. Your speech doesn't work anymore...
    Please this isnt a Storm vs Jean thing and dont make it so

I feel like the Krakoan era has given Storm some amazing and much needed agency, a great addition to her personal rogues gallery, and a lot of room for more stories centered around her with respect to Arakko and her role as Voice of Sol. That has a lot to explore. Also the ending of RoM #4 felt….intentional (human/mutant circuits).

With respect of her abilities and skills, I much prefer her elemental talents to her magic, though I do find it interesting’ and her combat and tactical prowess is highly engaging to me on the panels. Ewing got creative with Storm, but also stayed in a safe vein of air, pressure, lightning, and temperature (more so cold than heat). There is still so much more to explore with her weather manipulation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Now that it has been awakened I can see her interested in exploring and learning about her mystical heritage...in a side quest/personal project sort of way...while still primarily relying on her mutant weather/energy manipulation abilities. Being what it is...she can put aside the Goddess aspect for a while, perhaps bringing it out only if and when needed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That alone should tell you the level of scattery and dumbfoolery that went into it. Why should we pay any emotional attention to it when it is absolutely meaningless and "for naught"?
    Nope, this stats need to be updated because they do not match her true power now and companies that make video games actually use those stats, to depict how powerful a Marvel character is in the game. And trust me, people, I've seen what those stats can do... looking at you Marvel Heroes Online. This stats need to be updated hopefully shortly after the Krakoa era comes to an end, aka May/June, when the reboot happens.

We are not trying to be against you, but Storm's ancestry is a big thing, and if she is going to be a Goddess and fully ascend, she needs to cover that base. She has covered, mutant ability, technological manipulation, cosmic stuff and even spiritual ascendance with RoM, but she needs to cover the magic side too and for that we need at least one more story that lasts longer than a chapter in a comic, to fully cover that for her to meet the quo for full Godhood and physical transformation I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Now that it has been awakened I can see her interested in exploring and learning about her mystical heritage...in a side quest/personal project sort of way...while still primarily relying on her mutant weather/energy manipulation abilities. Being what it is...she can put aside the Goddess aspect for a while, perhaps bringing it out only if and when needed.
    I agree, that her Mystical Heritage should be next, we covered the spiritual one with the recent RoM issues, and mystic or full-blown cosmic is the next step. However, considering that Jean is going for a cosmic adventure, I would not expect Storm doing the same, the stage is too small for two cosmic beings to ascend through space and time.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 04-11-2024 at 08:13 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of her being a Mutant Diplomat, engendering Peace and Co-existence across the globe and even possibly off-world.

Within that over-arching plot it's actually very easy to incorporate different stories where Storm encounters different persons and attitudes and power-levels and organisations across many different landscapes in the course of her duties. With ample scenarios to showcase her varied skill-sets. And I can see those arcs interspersed with quiet, more personal moments that speak to Storm as a woman learning more about her heritage and identity.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

We can say the same about the Scarlet Witch. There nothing saying they can't do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    With respect of her abilities and skills, I much prefer her elemental talents to her magic, though I do find it interesting’ and her combat and tactical prowess is highly engaging to me on the panels. Ewing got creative with Storm, but also stayed in a safe vein of air, pressure, lightning, and temperature (more so cold than heat). There is still so much more to explore with her weather manipulation.
    Thank God, someone else said if, cause I was sick of looking at lightning. That was my biggest disappointment with his writing. He didn't explore her possibilities with her powers.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-11-2024 at 11:47 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Please this isnt a Storm vs Jean thing and dont make it so
    But no one said it was.

I bring nuggets. In Black Panther Declassified, we learn that Ororo's line is blessed by not just one God but multiple gods. This was learned from uncivilized Wakandan tribes and shamans which means this history is not only ancient but shrouded in mysticism as well! Things I would like to know are who are these gods, and how many folks are actively still worshipping ororo as a true deity?

it's like the bp offices know exactly what I want lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

where in the xmen stories have they done anything with her godhead ?

additionally, I wouldn't say she is becoming a mystical character. she has been one since the original uncanny run, meaning this was innately a part of her early in her development.

I think there are discussions around what her powerset should and can look like,but this doesn't mean her heritage should be ignored.

Incredible Member