Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1574
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    with what we saw in xmen red, her being more against thrones and titles for that to just to be one of many things still doesn't really align to what we've seen pretty consistently after turning over leadership duties to kitty in xmen gold. she hasn't been about titles, and being a diplomat comes with title and prestige that goes against all of that. but perhaps the actual premise of the story will turn out to prove me wrong. I certainly hope so.
    Ok, you would know about this more than me. I didn't read 'Red' because it was too far in before I knew about it. Here's to Storm having many great adventures in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Janet would've ate and left no crumbs.

Probably would've gave us a Storm concept album too LOL.
    that's one of the cool things about the future of the MCU and the whole different reality concept, just as we saw John Krasinski in MoM, we could see Janet and Angela as Storm from different realities, cause IMO as long as Singer directed and made the choices, Janet's Talent and passion would only go so far before the character botching became overwhelming same goes for angela,

But besides that, Janet would Kill as a Punk Storm ,either from when she lost her powers, Met Yukio, or in the future when she wedded Wolverine

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    that's one of the cool things about the future of the MCU and the whole different reality concept, just as we saw John Krasinski in MoM, we could see Janet and Angela as Storm from different realities, cause IMO as long as Singer directed and made the choices, Janet's Talent and passion would only go so far before the character botching became overwhelming same goes for angela,

But besides that, Janet would Kill as a Punk Storm ,either from when she lost her powers, Met Yukio, or in the future when she wedded Wolverine

My goodness, it hurts that this didn't become real.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    This came back up when she was asked about being in the original MATRIX movies...
    Janet Jackson was almost cast as Storm in X-MEN
    Thats interesting. I haven't heard of that one. In Wizard Magazine way back then Iman was considered but I don't remember if it was Marvel or Wizard that wanted her. Since I can remember I always wanted Angela Bassett as Storm. Of course, she's too old now. How about Lupita Nyong'o? She is even half Kenyan. Though, she may not have the edge but I think she could work.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thats interesting. I haven't heard of that one. In Wizard Magazine way back then Iman was considered but I don't remember if it was Marvel or Wizard that wanted her. Since I can remember I always wanted Angela Bassett as Storm. Of course, she's too young now. How about Lupita Nyong'o? She is even half Kenyan. Though, she may not have the edge but I think she could work.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    My goodness, it hurts that this didn't become real.

there's still hope, for her and angela to take a crack at it

"Goddess be Praised"

there's still hope, for her and angela to take a crack at it

In Beau we trust.

She is breathtaking. Storms name means beauty after all.

I would've bet my right ass cheek that if Angela Bassett had gotten the Oscar for Wakanda Forever, they would have definitely cast her as a Storm variant for Secret Wars. The fact that either she or Janet never got the role still makes me weep.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    She is breathtaking. Storms name means beauty after all.
    Yes, that, but also she's played Nakia in the MCU so I don't think she'd be playing T'Challa's other main love interest.

aye, they snatched nearly every possible candidate for Storm in Black Panther One and two,

id be surprised if the actress playing Storm wasn't new, fingers crossed the casting department know what there doing
    "Goddess be Praised"

Personally I have a set of requirements in my head about if MCU X-Men will be successful.

The casting of Storm is one of the big ones, if Disney doesn't come with the same Black Panther/Wakanda/Blackity Black energy in the selection for Storm, then I know it will flop.

They better come correct and dig deep for Ororo.

I would've bet my right ass cheek that if Angela Bassett had gotten the Oscar for Wakanda Forever, they would have definitely cast her as a Storm variant for Secret Wars. The fact that either she or Janet never got the role still makes me weep.

lol, john Krasinski didn't win an Oscar and he was in MoM as Mr. Fantastic, that was a fan service done by the Directors, people have been asking for Anglea and Janet for years, and if I'm not mistaken Angela was asked first for the Fox role but denied, I think her playing the Old witch storm that saved the team from Belasco would be perfect or as her ancestor,

so its really up to how big of Storm fans the future directors may or will be, Fingers crossed Beau made it though the cracks and is making a movie in secret
    "Goddess be Praised"

Yes, that, but also she's played Nakia in the MCU so I don't think she'd be playing T'Challa's other main love interest.
    Ah, I didn't know that. I don't follow the MCU that much. I will with the X-Men films. As long as they aren't as boring.

Personally I have a set of requirements in my head about if MCU X-Men will be successful.

The casting of Storm is one of the big ones, if Disney doesn't come with the same Black Panther/Wakanda/Blackity Black energy in the selection for Storm, then I know it will flop.

They better come correct and dig deep for Ororo.

They got to, After years of poor casting and just shoddy care like those school play wigs,

Im not gonna list the obvious, but u really hope they bring the African neck brace to live action, in fact i think her outfits in general need to be more Afro-centric, especially her punk era, even if its just the neck brace,
    "Goddess be Praised"