Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I read RoM and I enjoyed it over all. I have always enjoyed the way Ewing writes Storm and I look forward to the next issue.
    it was so good im looking forward to next one too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    For some reason 98% of the Storm hate comments I've seen come from someone with an Cyclops avatar... the other 2% are usually Rogue avatars. Wanda fans are 50-50...
    I saw some wonder woman avatars, some Jean ones (most have been supportive), some cyclops, some wanda ones but surprisingly most of the Emma fans have been very supportive.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ewing has been great for Storm, although I'm upset because I think this will be his final story for her and I'm not sure who will be writing her next.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was so good im looking forward to next one too.

I saw some wonder woman avatars, some Jean ones (most have been supportive), some cyclops, some wanda ones but surprisingly most of the Emma fans have been very supportive.
    I actually noticed a few Emma accounts on Twitter defending Storm as well...which is ironic given the history of those Queens. I even saw a few Thor fans defending Storm which was a surprise as I went to war with a few during her Thor feature... progress is painful but we getting there.

Ewing has been great for Storm, although I'm upset because I think this will be his final story for her and I'm not sure who will be writing her next.
    Lord Ewing has been a gift from on high! It's hard to imagine a better Storm writer coming along anytime soon. It took the better part of two decades to get him after a narrative lull stretching back to Claremont's X-treme. Is once a generation the best we can get for Ororo?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Lord Ewing has been a gift from on high! It's hard to imagine a better Storm writer coming along anytime soon. It took the better part of two decades to get him after a narrative lull stretching back to Claremont's X-treme. Is once a generation the best we can get for Ororo?
    I certainly hope not. Marvel needs to give us someone who can continue/expand on what Ewing has started.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Just give the man one more year,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Incredible Member

I wasn't following the forum and fandom at the time, but what did people think of the arc of X-men Gold 33, 34 and 35? About the Ororo arc, about the villain Uovu and everything?

And about the character Ainet who died but never appeared much in the comics

Last edited by Lucas 35; 01-28-2024 at 06:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I wasn't following the forum and fandom at the time, but what did people think of the arc of X-men Gold 33, 34 and 35? About the Ororo arc, about the villain Uovu and everything?

And about the character Ainet who died but never appeared much in the comics
    To save you trouble.

NOBODY here with the exception of ME likes the Idea of Storm having a Hammer. However, I LOVE Stormcaster. Bringing the Hammer back was a bit redundant because at the same time Storm became an actual Goddess in a Black Panther story. So there was no need for the Hammer.(But thanks to Lord Ewing he explained in a better way that I was trying to convey back then about Asgardian Storm)

As for the Villain. Uovu the God of Death is a GREAT Villain. Just written by a writer who didn’t quite hit the mark with him.

So, all in all. I personally enjoyed it, nobody else did.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Without knowing who the writers would be for the Brevoort Era I'm not willing to say yes or no, at this time.

Lord Ewing is on a level completely his own so I don't expect anyone else coming in to quite match it 100% but...I hope their intent and interest in her character and those closely attached to her like Craig, will be comparable.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Without knowing who the writers would be for the Brevoort Era I'm not willing to say yes or no, at this time.

Lord Ewing is on a level completely his own so I don't expect anyone else coming in to quite match it 100% but...I hope their intent and interest in her character and those closely attached to her like Craig, will be comparable.
    This is a hot take but I don't think All Ewing is done writing storm. Look at how many times he's written blue marvel, loki, sunspot... storm will be under his pin again. I just don't know when.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    This is a hot take but I don't think All Ewing is done writing storm. Look at how many times he's written blue marvel, loki, sunspot... storm will be under his pin again. I just don't know when.
    I'm sure he'll sneak her in where he can(that Thor cameo was fun!), but the role she played under his pen in SWORD, Red, SatB, and now RoM will be hard to match elsewhere.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Storm in A-Force miniserie

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Storm in A-Force miniserie

Very cool, I need to check it out. LOL @ Rogue's comment.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Courtesy of Josh Cassara.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin