Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I suspect you're going to be hearing from Kris' attorney's over that picture lmao.
    i nor my memes will be denied, it's gonna be a Cold day in all 10 hells before anyone will stop me

"Goddess be Praised"

So guys, what would you want from an X-Man game besides Storm being playable? Like, what kind of powers would you expect her to have?

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    So guys, what would you want from an X-Man game besides Storm being playable? Like, what kind of powers would you expect her to have?

Oh this is something I have put into deep thought, I would say she would most likely have 3 primary powers, Lighting, Wind, and something manipulating temperature like controlled, flash freezing, or heat waves, then she'd have a plethora of passive powers both mutant and not, like flight, rain, lockpicking

out of all of the games I've played, I think the best ones for an x-men game that allows multiple characters to be used is either "Control", "Infamous Second Son", or Spider-Man 2 it needs to be free roam, and 3rd person
    and I honestly think no more than 5 or 6 characters should be playable, Like Psylocke, Gambit, Iceman, Storm, Rouge, and possibly a "newbie" like Pixie, as long as Wolverine is far far away from the roster we good.

as for the threat, in my opinion, it should be a magical foe, not only because it's unexpected but because you need something or someone to explain why Powerhouses like Ororo and Bobby are limited in power, there can be more mutant-related foes but the big boss should be magical. this is why making games for street-level heroes will always be easier
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Storm’s Quest will take her and Magneto into some Cosmic Realms, to Battle Cosmic threats
    -Al Ewing

That’s what i’m talking about. We are about to see a Great Spectacle of Magnificence!!
    Agreed! Especially this being his swansong for his time with Storm/X-Men. This is a great opportunity to showcase what Storm and Magneto can do when they have opposition that requires them to give their all. I hate that Storm’s beyond omega spell in SatB required a “life in carnate”. Part of me fears that to bring Magneto back with her magic may require a sacrifice of something of equal value (life for a life) in exchange for resurrecting him. That could be a key factor in how her magic works and reasons to limit its use. Though I would not be mad if she offered Genesis’s or Abigail’s life in exchange for his . In either case, I am not too worried. An unleashed Storm and Magneto should be a sight to behold, and hopefully this sets them up for their own book to continue their bromance and the Brotherhood team for both earth & Arakko based missions.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    We are so overdue for a good X-Men RPG. I have often thought about this. I would change it up to be more like a combo of Diablo, Hogwarts Legacy, and/or Dragon Age style combat build abilities, story, and quests. Like giving a certain # of points to invest in certain powers, skills, and passive buffs to give options to fit play styles. With Storm, and most of the key X-Men, you have some nice hybrid options for builds for people who like mages/long range combat and/or close quarters combat with warriors/tanks or rogues/martial artists (Storm is a great mage/rogue hybrid). I would give each X-character their own unique set of buffs based on their canon. With Storm it would be:

Atmokinetic Energy Power Tree
    Each tree branches out for the core elements of her powerset and multiple applications:

Electrical
    * Bioelectric bolts - Project quick bolts of lightning from Storm’s hands that blasts enemies and has a high chance to knock them back
    * Chain Lightning - Streams a beam of lightning from Storm’s hands that chains to multiple nearby targets
    * Ball Lightning - Fires off a ball of lightning that explodes on impact
    * Lightning Eruption - Charges the air around a target with electrical energy that bursts from below enemies shocking them and tossing them into the air
    * Shocking Combat - If invested points in “Martial Combat” Storm coats her fists and feet in electrical energy, adding shock/burn damage to her physical strikes

Air
    * Pressurized Air Blast - Projects a blast of wind from Storm’s hand that knocks back enemies; Can pick up debri in environment to toss at enemies or blast them into walls for impact damage; Has a chance stun on hit
    * Downburst - Draws down a burst of air around Storm that smacks enemies into the ground;? X chance to KO on impact
    * Whirwind - Generates a whirlwind that projects from Storm and grows in size to engilf multiple targets in its path, tossing enemies around after being held aloft for X seconds and leave them stunned at the end for X seconds
    * Thunderclap - Unleash a clap of thunder from Storm that causes physical damage, 100% chance to knock back & stun enemies; Has x chance for instant KO
    * Flight/Dash-Burst - Storm uses the wind to allow her to dash around the battlefield with quick bursts of air; This can also allow hovering and full on flight (but I’d limit the hovering and flight in combat for balance); Unlimited use for quest travel or world exploration though

Water
    * Freezing Rain Blast - Project concentrated blasts of water from Storm’s hands that freeze enemies on contact for x seconds
    * Hailstones & Ice Shards - Project large hailstones and sharp shards of ice for physical and cold damage
    * Ice Walls - Block enemies or trap them inside a wall of ice, making them easy targets for other attacks
    * Monsoon Downpour - Damage amplifier; Creates a rainstorm downpour around the combat area that drenches and slows enemy movement; Effected enemies take increased damage from electric or cold attacks; Enemies effected by cold based attacks will be frozen for X seconds
    * Fog - Covers the area in fog that temporarily immobilizes enemies

Temperature
    * Flashfreeze - in large AoE instantly freeze all enemies in range for cold damage and immobilization
    * Heatwave - Heat up the atmosphere around a target to cause an explosive burst of heat that burns enemies; x chance to cause heatstroke for instant KO
    * Storm augmentation - Can use this ability to combine temperature with other elemental attacks; Combine cold with air to create freeze blasts or shatter enemies; Combine with Heatwave with air to create a Wildfire in a targeted area that rages and burns enemies, or amplify Earth Storm; Combine with lightning attacks to charge the air and randomly strike enemies w/ lightning around the battlefield every x seconds; Combined with whiriwind to create fire-nadoes that adds burning damage
    * Defense Augmentation- Can combine tempatire for various effects to defensive shield, freezing or burning enemies on contact

Summoning - These are wide range AoE/Crowd Control style attacks
    * Lightning Storm - Summon columns of lightning from the sky that strike all targets for x seconds
    * Hurricane’s Gale - Summon and AoE blast of hurricane force winds to toss all enemies back; high chance to stun and cause impact damage
    * Blizzard/Ice Storm - Summon a blizzard of cold, ice and hail that batters and freezes enemies; Can combine with Storm Augmentation or Thunderclap to amplify cold and shatter enemies
    * Earth Storm - Tap into the EM field of the planet to cause an earthquake that knocks down enemies and causes explosive lava bursts to incinerate them; can combine with Storm Augmentation to cause wide AoE wildfires with Earth storm for increased damage

Defensive Combat Tree
    This tree would offer either power applications, skills, and/or gear to amp defense.

* Elemental shield - Storm creates a shield of pressurize air to protect her from physical attacks and deflect projectiles; can be combined with Defense Augmentation to freeze, shock, or burn enemies on contact

* Martial Combat - Storm’s martial combat prowess allows her to fight enemies that get within her reach; Storm will use her martial arts and hand to hand combat skills to devastate her enemies; This skill also increases dodge, block, and counterattack for both close and ranged combat (I would make each characters close quarters combat style unique to them)

*Weapons Combat - Storm is a skillled marksman with guns, proficient with the bo-staff and swords, and highly skilled with knives; Adding skill points to this attribute will allow Storm to use her vibranium blade in close quarters combat and add to several fight finishing sequences, including “pin cushion”, where Storm pulls out numerous blades to skillfully impale and cut her enemies into oblivion

Unique Buffs
    * Leadership- Battle Strategies & Tactics - Unique to Storm and a few others; This skill allows Storm to increase critical chance, critical strike damage, and detect weaknesses in enemies; Also buffs her party with the same atttributes

* Master Thief - Will allow Storm to pick locks, trap detection, and add to stealth so she can sneak about the battlefield undetected

*Atmospheric Senses - Can detect all enemies on the map; Combined with Stealth to amplify critical strike chance

Ultimate Attack = Electromagnetic Tornado Storm - Summons mutiple tornadoes amplified by the planet’s EM field that pulls in & tosses all enemies around, getting shredded by the wind while drawing in cold down from the upper atmosphere to freeze enemies as they are struck with massive bolts of lightning. Can combine with heatwave to create Fire-nados which adds burning damage

If I could pick a guaranteed starting roster my dirty dozen would be:

Storm
    Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Bishop
    Cable
    Betsy Braddock
    Nightcrawler
    Emma Frost
    Jean Grey
    Sunspot

Wow! I'm not super into video games, but I love that level of detail in imaging her attacks through that medium. Very comprehensive, and I love the Earth Storm and Ultimate Attack. Incredible stuff!

One thing I think would be cool in a video game(or animation/movie really) would be to highlight Storm's atmospheric awareness. Like POV style and 3rd person style(maybe even with a sort of 'astral projection' variation where you can move across the environment mentally) when her eyes go white, but all rendered to show the electromagnetic fields, the temperature and moisture variations, etc, all in that rainbow kaleidoscope effect that the comics have alluded to occasionally, but rarely rendered out completely. Bachelo and his colorist were probably closest here:

colorbandsofelements.jpg

But I think a computer programmer and the rendering software can do even better. Like how they showed Monica's energy vision in WandaVision, but even more extreme.

That would just be the most incredible visual ever.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Thanks Yoga <3. And agreed on the energy vision. I have not yet watched WandaVision but you capture my mental imaging of Storm’s energy perception perfectly! Ugh it makes me hate Fox movies all over again.

Lords of the earth and air! I am back!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Two days to go.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I am soooo excited. Thankfully on Wednesdays I don't have to take calls at work. I plan to fully dive into the issue.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Lords of the earth and air! I am back!

Good to see you, I knew we were still missing a few Councill Members, I suspect when RoM comes this Wednesday more missing members will rejoin us
    "Goddess be Praised"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thank the Goddess She intervened and none of that came to actual fruition.

And while I hated the "plans" they had for T'Challa I'm glad Storm didn't have a child and abandoned it for "reasons". As with Claremont there are plots and ideas that really shouldn't make it onto a page no matter how "interesting" the writers think they are. And as with Claremont, Hickman was always very bad at self-editing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I feel divided on this. One hand, I love the issues and how it played out. On the other, I would have loved to see Storm as a mother. Plus the child of Storm/T'Challa could be such an interesting story to read.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thank the Goddess She intervened and none of that came to actual fruition.

And while I hated the "plans" they had for T'Challa I'm glad Storm didn't have a child and abandoned it for "reasons". As with Claremont there are plots and ideas that really shouldn't make it onto a page no matter how "interesting" the writers think they are. And as with Claremont, Hickman was always very bad at self-editing.

Thank Goddess indeed, its moments like this that makes me shiver to see that all it would take is one bad idea that wasn't spoken over with and gets Ok'ed, then the next thing you know we're stuck with it for years to come, it's shocking to see how blindsided they are till **** hits the fan, to think if T'Challa didn't have so much going on they both would be parents, hell with a bullet she dodged a whole cannonball,

"Goddess be Praised"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed! Especially this being his swansong for his time with Storm/X-Men. This is a great opportunity to showcase what Storm and Magneto can do when they have opposition that requires them to give their all. I hate that Storm’s beyond omega spell in SatB required a “life in carnate”. Part of me fears that to bring Magneto back with her magic may require a sacrifice of something of equal value (life for a life) in exchange for resurrecting him. That could be a key factor in how her magic works and reasons to limit its use. Though I would not be mad if she offered Genesis’s or Abigail’s life in exchange for his . In either case, I am not too worried. An unleashed Storm and Magneto should be a sight to behold, and hopefully this sets them up for their own book to continue their bromance and the Brotherhood team for both earth & Arakko based missions.

We are so overdue for a good X-Men RPG. I have often thought about this. I would change it up to be more like a combo of Diablo, Hogwarts Legacy, and/or Dragon Age style combat build abilities, story, and quests. Like giving a certain # of points to invest in certain powers, skills, and passive buffs to give options to fit play styles. With Storm, and most of the key X-Men, you have some nice hybrid options for builds for people who like mages/long range combat and/or close quarters combat with warriors/tanks or rogues/martial artists (Storm is a great mage/rogue hybrid). I would give each X-character their own unique set of buffs based on their canon. With Storm it would be:

Atmokinetic Energy Power Tree
    Each tree branches out for the core elements of her powerset and multiple applications:

Electrical
    * Bioelectric bolts - Project quick bolts of lightning from Storm’s hands that blasts enemies and has a high chance to knock them back
    * Chain Lightning - Streams a beam of lightning from Storm’s hands that chains to multiple nearby targets
    * Ball Lightning - Fires off a ball of lightning that explodes on impact
    * Lightning Eruption - Charges the air around a target with electrical energy that bursts from below enemies shocking them and tossing them into the air
    * Shocking Combat - If invested points in “Martial Combat” Storm coats her fists and feet in electrical energy, adding shock/burn damage to her physical strikes

Air
    * Pressurized Air Blast - Projects a blast of wind from Storm’s hand that knocks back enemies; Can pick up debri in environment to toss at enemies or blast them into walls for impact damage; Has a chance stun on hit
    * Downburst - Draws down a burst of air around Storm that smacks enemies into the ground;? X chance to KO on impact
    * Whirwind - Generates a whirlwind that projects from Storm and grows in size to engilf multiple targets in its path, tossing enemies around after being held aloft for X seconds and leave them stunned at the end for X seconds
    * Thunderclap - Unleash a clap of thunder from Storm that causes physical damage, 100% chance to knock back & stun enemies; Has x chance for instant KO
    * Flight/Dash-Burst - Storm uses the wind to allow her to dash around the battlefield with quick bursts of air; This can also allow hovering and full on flight (but I’d limit the hovering and flight in combat for balance); Unlimited use for quest travel or world exploration though

Water
    * Freezing Rain Blast - Project concentrated blasts of water from Storm’s hands that freeze enemies on contact for x seconds
    * Hailstones & Ice Shards - Project large hailstones and sharp shards of ice for physical and cold damage
    * Ice Walls - Block enemies or trap them inside a wall of ice, making them easy targets for other attacks
    * Monsoon Downpour - Damage amplifier; Creates a rainstorm downpour around the combat area that drenches and slows enemy movement; Effected enemies take increased damage from electric or cold attacks; Enemies effected by cold based attacks will be frozen for X seconds
    * Fog - Covers the area in fog that temporarily immobilizes enemies

Temperature
    * Flashfreeze - in large AoE instantly freeze all enemies in range for cold damage and immobilization
    * Heatwave - Heat up the atmosphere around a target to cause an explosive burst of heat that burns enemies; x chance to cause heatstroke for instant KO
    * Storm augmentation - Can use this ability to combine temperature with other elemental attacks; Combine cold with air to create freeze blasts or shatter enemies; Combine with Heatwave with air to create a Wildfire in a targeted area that rages and burns enemies, or amplify Earth Storm; Combine with lightning attacks to charge the air and randomly strike enemies w/ lightning around the battlefield every x seconds; Combined with whiriwind to create fire-nadoes that adds burning damage
    * Defense Augmentation- Can combine tempatire for various effects to defensive shield, freezing or burning enemies on contact

Summoning - These are wide range AoE/Crowd Control style attacks
    * Lightning Storm - Summon columns of lightning from the sky that strike all targets for x seconds
    * Hurricane’s Gale - Summon and AoE blast of hurricane force winds to toss all enemies back; high chance to stun and cause impact damage
    * Blizzard/Ice Storm - Summon a blizzard of cold, ice and hail that batters and freezes enemies; Can combine with Storm Augmentation or Thunderclap to amplify cold and shatter enemies
    * Earth Storm - Tap into the EM field of the planet to cause an earthquake that knocks down enemies and causes explosive lava bursts to incinerate them; can combine with Storm Augmentation to cause wide AoE wildfires with Earth storm for increased damage

Defensive Combat Tree
    This tree would offer either power applications, skills, and/or gear to amp defense.

* Elemental shield - Storm creates a shield of pressurize air to protect her from physical attacks and deflect projectiles; can be combined with Defense Augmentation to freeze, shock, or burn enemies on contact

* Martial Combat - Storm’s martial combat prowess allows her to fight enemies that get within her reach; Storm will use her martial arts and hand to hand combat skills to devastate her enemies; This skill also increases dodge, block, and counterattack for both close and ranged combat (I would make each characters close quarters combat style unique to them)

*Weapons Combat - Storm is a skillled marksman with guns, proficient with the bo-staff and swords, and highly skilled with knives; Adding skill points to this attribute will allow Storm to use her vibranium blade in close quarters combat and add to several fight finishing sequences, including “pin cushion”, where Storm pulls out numerous blades to skillfully impale and cut her enemies into oblivion

Unique Buffs
    * Leadership- Battle Strategies & Tactics - Unique to Storm and a few others; This skill allows Storm to increase critical chance, critical strike damage, and detect weaknesses in enemies; Also buffs her party with the same atttributes

* Master Thief - Will allow Storm to pick locks, trap detection, and add to stealth so she can sneak about the battlefield undetected

*Atmospheric Senses - Can detect all enemies on the map; Combined with Stealth to amplify critical strike chance

Ultimate Attack = Electromagnetic Tornado Storm - Summons mutiple tornadoes amplified by the planet’s EM field that pulls in & tosses all enemies around, getting shredded by the wind while drawing in cold down from the upper atmosphere to freeze enemies as they are struck with massive bolts of lightning. Can combine with heatwave to create Fire-nados which adds burning damage

If I could pick a guaranteed starting roster my dirty dozen would be:

Storm
    Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Bishop
    Cable
    Betsy Braddock
    Nightcrawler
    Emma Frost
    Jean Grey
    Sunspot
    this was so good. would love to see an hogwarts style open world game where ororo could go crazy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!