Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Jill Scott's Ororo is my favorite voice. She brought the rich African accent and warmth that no other voice actors have utilized. Iona Morris is my second favorite(the OG TAS Storm), she had a regal quality that I loved. Alison I will make due with, but her version was grating to me in Iona's absence back in the day, but I guess I came to accept it over time.
    Jill Scott voice was everything to me as Storm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Well you see, when you have people saying Gambit, Logan and Rogue could take her .......
    Well they can.

After all in terms of durability, injury resistance and health Storm has never been depicted as beyond normal human in the animations (at least what can still count as "normal" when it comes to super heros, since even supposed powerless heros and villains can often survive critical injuries and recover to full health with no long term damage eventualy).

Meanwhile Wolverine has "cut everything" claws and a healing factor, Gambit can charge objects with kinetic energy, both have superior skills as melee fighters and Rogue is a superman light thanks to the Ms. Marvel powers in the TAS continuity. As such each of them could defeat her in a fight.

But judging by what was written here this wasn't about who can beat whom in a fight, since that is all up to the scenario the writers create anyway (a random person with a half brick in a sock could beat her if given the chance), but rather about how much is possible with their respective super powers.

"(...) said Storm is arguably the most powerful and dangerous member of Xmen97"

And being able to create biblical floods, flash freeze cities, devestate entire states with tornados and so on is quite a magnitude greater than what Gambit, Wolverine or Rogue can achieve with their powers.

Hence why the only viable candidates for comparison in this regard are Professor Xavier and Jean Grey, who have telepathy and telekinesis respective which are among the most "sky is the limit" kinds of super powers in fiction.

And in this regard it depends on what limitations the show has established for these 3.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    So. Beau DeMayo said Storm is arguably the most powerful and dangerous member of Xmen97 and the girls (I won't say who) are on twitter losing their marbles.

Like. You can tell who just started getting into the X-Lore. It's painful.
    Lmao agreed ! That poster was getting sliced & diced with receipts, and then COOKED to perfection. My eyes enjoyed that meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Well they can.

After all in terms of durability, injury resistance and health Storm has never been depicted as beyond normal human in the animations (at least what can still count as "normal" when it comes to super heros, since even supposed powerless heros and villains can often survive critical injuries and recover to full health with no long term damage eventualy).

Meanwhile Wolverine has "cut everything" claws and a healing factor, Gambit can charge objects with kinetic energy, both have superior skills as melee fighters and Rogue is a superman light thanks to the Ms. Marvel powers in the TAS continuity. As such each of them could defeat her in a fight.

But judging by what was written here this wasn't about who can beat whom in a fight, since that is all up to the scenario the writers create anyway (a random person with a half brick in a sock could beat her if given the chance), but rather about how much is possible with their respective super powers.

"(...) said Storm is arguably the most powerful and dangerous member of Xmen97"

And being able to create biblical floods, flash freeze cities, devestate entire states with tornados and so on is quite a magnitude greater than what Gambit, Wolverine or Rogue can achieve with their powers.

Hence why the only viable candidates for comparison in this regard are Professor Xavier and Jean Grey, who have telepathy and telekinesis respective which are among the most "sky is the limit" kinds of super powers in fiction.

And in this regard it depends on what limitations the show has established for these 3.
    Ummm no. That was not the intention of the poster:

https://twitter.com/jessebickers/sta...93380185997314

He was clearly pressed and should’ve done his homework.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lmao agreed ! That poster was getting sliced & diced with receipts, and then COOKED to perfection. My eyes enjoyed that meal.
    lololol it was such a delicious feast !!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Ummm no. That was not the intention of the poster:

*link*

He was clearly pressed and should’ve done his homework.
    Well nevermind then. Still fun to ponder about the difference outcome between what is possible and what the scenario allows to happen.

Lmbo! This... And him saying she has just as many weaknesses as strengths like TAS Xavier is physically superior... and Jean wasn't defeated by a power cord.
    Last edited by The Regent; 02-21-2024 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol it was such a delicious feast !!!
    Indeed! By the time I arrived all needed was to tuck in a napkin and feast on that a$$-whippin’ :-D!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Lmbo! This... And him saying she has just as many weaknesses as strengths like TAS Xavier is physically superior... and Jean wasn't defeated by a power cord.
    Not the mojoverse episode lmao! I’m screaming. Such a bad moment for Jean but I remember that episode vividly and that had me dying lol…He needed the clapping he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Well nevermind then. Still fun to ponder about the difference outcome between what is possible and what the scenario allows to happen.
    Agreed. I think anyone can be beaten by anyone under the right circumstances or conditions. Doesn’t at all mean that anyone of the X-Men he named exceeds Storm in power (with Jean being a peer omega), let alone most of them share her same physical durability like that gives an edge to them in some way. Bu….the poster’s blatant attempt at devalue Storm’s power, competence, & skill was appropriately rewarded with getting slayed.

All-New Member

Honestly Storm is Technically OP solely based on her mutant power. She controls the atmosphere, amongst other things, but she is an omega level Atmokinesis mutant. You need an atmosphere to live. So, literally EVERYONE should technically be easily killed by Storm including Wolverine. I see a lot of these comments online and just chalk it up to stupidity and keep it moving. I mean to is basically Captain Planet and a lot of the other omegas are Planeteers. Even though this era of Storm has been great I’m still waiting to see her written in her full potential with just her mutant powers. I think there is still a lot that can be done there.

BANNED

Some might say Ororo's "full potential" with just her mutant powers is what makes her a bonified Goddess whose abilities are on the same level as any of the Abstract Entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Some might say Ororo's "full potential" with just her mutant powers is what makes her a bonified Goddess whose abilities are on the same level as any of the Abstract Entities.
    I wouldn't go that far. I am perfectly fine with her powers being equal to Gaea the mother of the Earth. Powerful but with some limits
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. I am perfectly fine with her powers being equal to Gaea the mother of the Earth. Powerful but with some limits
    Fair enough

No, I want Cosmic Abstract entity level Storm! Goddess of Life!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, I want Cosmic Abstract entity level Storm! Goddess of Life!

Lol..

Then we run into the Phoenix problem. All that power but constantly dying.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.