Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Apologies if this topic has come up before, but what are folks wants and hopes for Storm come the July relaunch? Obviously we don't know much about the setup, but thinking generally about story beats and her place within the franchise.

I know I'm personally stuck between wanting her to remain a cosmic character that really does her own thing (basically sticking with the Ewing status quo) OR going back to leading the X-Men in the inevitable Uncanny X-Men relaunch. On the one hand I love having her run her own corner of the MU, but then on the other hand it would be nice to not have her excluded from the main story beats of the X-line for once.

Also any particularly writers you want to see tackle Storm? I'd personally love to see either N.K. Jemisin or Nnedi Okorafor get a chance to write her. Both are great novelists that have dipped their toes into comic book writing.

I want Storm back in Wakanda where she belongs.
    Also having an Apartment in New York in her solo series so she
    Can be close to her Grandparents and David Jr.
    I want Storm on another Team to be part of the Greater MU.
    Leading her Own X-Team and having pivotal Ro!e in the XMU
    more learning about the Wind riders and development of her Kingdom and role.

( Maybe the Alt Dimension her Ruby teleport her to , where she meets up with Ma-rin is part of her Kingdom or this where her people fled too.)

Also More Cosmic Adventures.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 02-02-2024 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Cosmos Spoke to Me

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. I have no expectations at this time. Without having any information I'm quite apathetic for what's to come.

All I can say is...I'm just happily counting down the days until this era ends and we get closer to the relaunch...XMR being the exception, this past X-year has been unbearable for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Happy Black History Month Indeed!

So happy to know Ororo gets her happy ending with her one true love!!!!

Happy Black History Month

I'd rather Storm die at the end of Al's fantastic cosmic, mystical journey than have her return to the old status quo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

(Maybe the Alt Dimension her Ruby teleport her to , where she meets up with Ma-rin is part of her Kingdom or this where her people fled too.)

Last edited by Micabe; 02-02-2024 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Incredible Member

( Maybe the Alt Dimension her Ruby teleport her to , where she meets up with Ma-rin is part of her Kingdom or this where her people fled too.)

Storm back in wakanda would be amazing
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Mighty Member

Storm needs to stay on arakko and go on another pilgrimage in Maat's footsteps. She can visit wakanda but I don't see that happening as she's in the universe doing big things. Keep her off earth. It's reductive and boring. Just look at all the earth based series. They add nothing to her.

Honestly if Arakko is still around, she should definitely stay.

Beautiful piece by pretty.cool.huh

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Honestly if Arakko is still around, she should definitely stay.
    Seriously! Arakko has been great to her.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Lord Ewing has been great for her. Without him behind the concept, Arakko could easily go down the drain. Honestly, while I don't want everything that he built to be swept under the rug in his absence, that's almost certainly what will happen. I'd rather Storm be back on Earth with the rest of the team than languish on Arakko all by herself under a feckless talent in a book that gets cancelled under 12 issues.

It's impossible to say where Storm should be without knowing the writer and artist who would be behind the scenes(or even knowing exactly how RoM and all this Krakoa stuff ends). If some incredible writer was waiting in the wings and really wants to develop Ororo's role as Regent of Sol and a central presence on Arakko, ok great. But I just find that unlikely. Bring her back to hang with the rest of the X-Men in a 90's revival at the mansion, pool parties and baseball and Danger Room trainings and all that until the next big hotshot writer comes along in a decade or two that actually has something to say with the character.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Agreed 100%.
    In a decade or two I could be dead (yes, I'm that old) at worse, Or at best not really give any coituses about X-Men comics anymore.

If they give us well-told, well-illustrated interesting, modern, meaningful stories with strong characterisations just in a familiar setting...I can't be mad at them. Even with a "Back to Basics" premise they can continue to push the mutant narrative forward (as they did at the start of the Krakoa era) if Brevoort and Co. have a mind to.

I will be mad, disappointed and apathetic...if they just regurgitate the same old boring faeces (like the current decimation plot), the same old plots we've read since Claremont time and time again.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Apologies if this topic has come up before, but what are folks wants and hopes for Storm come the July relaunch? Obviously we don't know much about the setup, but thinking generally about story beats and her place within the franchise.

I know I'm personally stuck between wanting her to remain a cosmic character that really does her own thing (basically sticking with the Ewing status quo) OR going back to leading the X-Men in the inevitable Uncanny X-Men relaunch. On the one hand I love having her run her own corner of the MU, but then on the other hand it would be nice to not have her excluded from the main story beats of the X-line for once.

Also any particularly writers you want to see tackle Storm? I'd personally love to see either N.K. Jemisin or Nnedi Okorafor get a chance to write her. Both are great novelists that have dipped their toes into comic book writing.
    So here's my crazy bolt of lightning from nowhere/no one asked/no one cares on this:

1. In another thread I suggested that there should be a fusion Defenders and X-Men team comprised of humans and mutants. Ororo returns to Earth and heads up this team with Blue Marvel. About Blue Marvel...

2. ...Blue Marvel (Adam Brashear) discovers that his powers are becoming unstable due to the death of Anti-Man, his antimatter counterbalance. Adam hypothesizes that a new counterbalance is required. Enter: Storm.

Worth noting, scientists in real world Japan have confirmed that lightning produces positrons (i.e., antimatter). So it wouldn't be that big of a stretch for Dr. Brashear to link Storm to the "unstable" antimatter powers from the Anti-Man, making her the new counterbalance and effectively the new "Blue Marvel." But Storm never takes that name...although many, many years later T'Challa, playfully jealous, occasionally teases her by calling her "Grand-Mama Blue."

3. Where is the HQ for Storm's new Defenders of X team? A cloaked archipelago near the Sargasso Sea.

4. What kind of adventures does the team have? Everything from geopolitical drama to cosmic, universe-saving epics and beyond.

5. Who writes this? Ewing. I need Ewing.

6. Who draws this? Too many great talents come to mind. Any of the top talents will do.

7. Who else joins Storm's Defenders of X squad? It'll never happen, so feel free to say who you'd like to see teamed up with Storm. Humans, mutants, robots, extradimensional genies ... your imagination is the only limit.

8. Does Storm keep her Thor powers? Nope. She doesn't need them, now that she has total access to Blue Marvel's and Anti-Man's truly limitless power source. More than enough power to handle Thor, Sentry and a whole team of Avengers by herself, should she summon it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Lord Ewing has been great for her. Without him behind the concept, Arakko could easily go down the drain. Honestly, while I don't want everything that he built to be swept under the rug in his absence, that's almost certainly what will happen. I'd rather Storm be back on Earth with the rest of the team than languish on Arakko all by herself under a feckless talent in a book that gets cancelled under 12 issues.

It's impossible to say where Storm should be without knowing the writer and artist who would be behind the scenes(or even knowing exactly how RoM and all this Krakoa stuff ends). If some incredible writer was waiting in the wings and really wants to develop Ororo's role as Regent of Sol and a central presence on Arakko, ok great. But I just find that unlikely. Bring her back to hang with the rest of the X-Men in a 90's revival at the mansion, pool parties and baseball and Danger Room trainings and all that until the next big hotshot writer comes along in a decade or two that actually has something to say with the character.

We shall see but I hope we get a good writer that continues ewing's take and doesn't settle for some boring rehash. The earth stories sound so boring like there is nothing new under the sun. I need storm to be shaking the cosmos. Earth limits her.

While I have loved Ewing's run with her on Mars, to me, Storm is mostly an earth goddess. Yes, she can soar on the cosmic winds with the Acanti and be one with Eternity and all that, but Ororo is a human, an African, an American, and an Earthling, first and foremost. While she was wasted with Hickman's initial launch and Duggan did nothing with her in Marauders, it did feel strange to me to see her looking into the stars and wanting to leave Earth.

It's such a shitshow here on Earth. There's so much more that needs to be done on this planet before focusing on other planets. Certainly I see the appeal for Ororo(and the writers behind her): to rebirth a world, and shape a whole new culture of ancient mutants who thrive on war(Mars was the god of war after all). But one of the central criticisms detractors of Storm point to is her leaving her post; not being there when people need her(her tribe in Kenya, the Morlocks, the X-Men/mutants to marry BP, etc). Gillen even has Emma lob this insult at her after SoS, "we needed you here, but you were off on Mars not realizing what Sinister was doing here for yearsss". And within the narrative, she wasn't wrong. Obviously it's all the writers positing things and crafting their narratives, but still, within the universe it stands. Let the Arakki people decide their own fate. Let Ororo of the Storm return to her homeworld and make things right there.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!