Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I wish you could just include the full quote. It's right there in the page. They called her a quasi diety. In Africa her ancestors were worshipped, that's not new or something coates even established. He's just following continuity. There is a reason the wind rider moniker is ancient. But back to my point there is no evidence that his inclusion of this new facet of her being influenced the x-men to explore her magic side as that was established in the early 80's.
    Reading that page...Hmm.

I mean...yes. She was worshipped as The Wind-Rider a Goddess in Kenya. And yes she is the descendant of a line of very powerful women who are favoured by Oshtur so it's really nothing new.

The God-head aspect is "new-ish" I guess? It's Coates' interpretation of what Len Wein and Dave Cockrum (and subsequently Claremont) initially laid out for the character but not necessarily exactly what they had intended. Because her Goddess (now God-head?) aspect was never meant to be derived from the faith of people praying to/believing in her, that last part is entirely Coates' idea.

It's interesting because...In-story, She was legitimately worshipped as a Goddess in Kenya because of the seemingly divine things she could do with her mutant powers. (She may have been connecting to Oshtur when she used her abilities but...GSXM #1 doesn't make that clear either way) But later on we the readers got to know she was intrinsically connected to actual Divinity.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

It's says Quasi deity. Which means they are divine in origin meaning they have a godhead but haven't truly reached godhood yet. She can reach godlike power aka goodhood temporarily by absorbing faith, hopes, admiration, etc. This means Storm's Godhead isn't on par with a godhead like Thor's which has shown its conceptual between dimensions. It's basically like Oshtur passing her power to make Demigods sorta. With already having a godhead you have Storm having an affinity to magic so it makes sense why Storm can manipulate several types of magic, etc.
    Last edited by KLY360; 03-01-2024 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    It's says Quasi deity. Which means they are divine in origin meaning they have a godhead but haven't truly reached godhood yet. She can reach godlike power aka goodhood temporarily by absorbing faith, hopes, admiration, etc. This means Storm's Godhead isn't on par with a godhead like Thor's which has shown its conceptual between dimensions. It's basically like Oshtur passing her power to make Demigods sorta. With already having a godhead you have Storm having an affinity to magic so it makes sense why Storm can manipulate several types of magic, etc.
    The bolded is the part I find questionable and the underlined is what muddies the waters unnecessarily...at least for me.

Technically she shouldn't need the "faith, hopes and admiration" of others...as she is (always has been) directly connected to Oshtur through her bloodline. She's called out directly to the Bright Lady on many occasions and was answered. She didn't need faith to call upon her magic in Scarlet Witch #2 and in SoS...she invocated the Names and was answered with power.

Personally it's a bit of a handicap if and when she needs the God-head...everyone around her has to drop to their knees in worship and adoration. What if they don't have faith or believe in her? It's a rather superfluous concept in this context.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-01-2024 at 10:54 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The bolded is the part I find questionable and the underlined is what muddies the waters unnecessarily...at least for me.

Technically she shouldn't need the "faith, hopes and admiration" of others...as she is (always has been) directly connected to Oshtur through her bloodline. She's called out directly to the Bright Lady on many occasions and was answered. She didn't need faith to call upon her magic in Scarlet Witch #2 and in SoS...she invocated the Names and was answered with power.

Personally, it's a bit of a handicap if and when she needs the Godhead...everyone around her has to drop to their knees in worship and adoration. What if they don't have faith or believe in her? It's a rather superfluous concept in this context.
    Very True. It does sound like a massive handicap for Storm. If, people don't believe in Storm what's the point of her Godhead.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

To be fair, even the standard deities in Marvel derive their power from the worship of others, and weaken in the absence of that worship.

Lots more on this page .
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, even the standard deities in Marvel derive their power from the worship of others, and weaken in the absence of that worship.

Lots more on this page .
    thank you the same applies to marvel deities but it only becomes a problem relative to her godhead because???? this is a common theme even for asgardians.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

I mean it's not a handicap Marvel made it known it's difference between Godhead and Godhood.

Godhead is when your nature and essence is divine.

Godhood is a state of being a god. Basically the final level you achieve as a god.

Marvel makes it known that you have to ascend to be in godhood. Only a few people have down that and that includes Osthur. Storm has only temporarily reached that level by using faith, hope and etc.
    Last edited by KLY360; 03-01-2024 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Lots more on this page .
    Agreed. But...that rule never seemed to apply to Storm until her God-head was brought up by Coates. She's clearly already very powerful without it.
    With that in mind...and if she's going to be "weaker in the absence off that worship"...I'm not sure if being a Quasi-god is worth the trouble for a power that she might not use often, if at all (especially if the next Era might be regressive)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In 616 continuity, MJNARI is tribal elder with whom Ororo has pivotal interactions during the seminal Storm tale LIFEDEATH 2. TAS took the name for Ororo's adopted son for that episode.

DAVID MUNROE (not to be confused with Storm's father of the same name) is Ororo's cousin. She has no siblings from whom a nephew would come that we know of as far as I recall.
    Just to add. There was also a baby born in the story that Storm breathed air into to bring back that they named Mjnari after the elder who willed himself to death to make room for the baby. TAS sort of took that story further.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

also for the record after her godhead was initially accessed via faith it was shown subsequent to this she didn't need faith to access it again.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

my read on a-force was storm simulated the climate of asgard in her mini storm which gave her all the energies she then needed to recreate the rainbow bridge. she is an energy manipulator but unlike most has the benefit of being able to create her own energy sources so a little asgardian elements and magic and boom. shouldn't be that hard if the magical atmosphere as mentioned and elements needed existed.

I liked seeing the little drop of water on the ground from the rain too.

I also like that since duggan mentioned the climate was hers to control on mars more writers are starting to understand she controls the climate which adds a longer term quality to her powers. Like mars will have winds forever more, or the world now is gifted with wind, or the sun she created. Storm's longevity on her powers have become more evident with several long term feats as oppose to she just manipulated the weather in that moment.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-01-2024 at 02:07 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Does anyone have a scan of Storm turning herself invisible? I thought she used pea soup fog but I see people actually saying she can do that but I never can find the scan

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Does anyone have a scan of Storm turning herself invisible? I thought she used pea soup fog but I see people actually saying she can do that but I never can find the scan
    that's never happened to my knowledge but somehow got on a couple of her wikis.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    my read on a-force was storm simulated the climate of asgard in her mini storm which gave her all the energies she then needed to recreate the rainbow bridge. she is an energy manipulator but unlike most has the benefit of being able to create her own energy sources so a little asgardian elements and magic and boom. shouldn't be that hard if the magical atmosphere as mentioned and elements needed existed.

I liked seeing the little drop of water on the ground from the rain too.

I also like that since duggan mentioned the climate was hers to control on mars more writers are starting to understand she controls the climate which adds a longer term quality to her powers. Like mars will have winds forever more, or the world now is gifted with wind, or the sun she created. Storm's longevity on her powers have become more evident with several long term feats as oppose to she just manipulated the weather in that moment.
    Yes the idea that her powers are living and she can create everlasting cycles with them. I remember her threatening Dracula saying she could make the Sun shine upon his kingdom forever.

I wish there was more explanation on the Storm creating A mini bifrost bridge.

So did Storm just create alt dimension weather on Earth, is this a new aspect of her power? (though ,, the bifrost bridge is natural to earth technically)

I tried to explain it as the fact that she has her own God head her own magic her own as Asguardian God hood Magic and mutant ability that with all of this braided together she was able to pull of such a feat.
    And A Major feat happening in a small book (no offense)
    That could be easily be forgotten
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 03-01-2024 at 05:21 PM.