Page 59 of 100 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    And what of Coates making Wakanda rapists, colonizers, and slavers?

all wakandans were not depicted as rapists and slavers. wakanda isn't immune to the evil that exists in humanity.

and to the colonizer point, I don't care for it but that certainly is not a reason to blame him in regards to Ororo and her solo he wanted when ultimately JD White was the onr who did not green light it.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-18-2024 at 02:58 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I know Storm running for congress is a downgrade from Queen of Wakanda, and Regent of Arrako. However, Storm is the type of character where when she's written well her crown shines regardless of her position. But I think if they give Storm an all mutant campaign team , and an interesting villian, the series could work. My question though is who would make a good villian for a story like that, because all good comic runs have a great villian in them. I feel like the Shadow King could work, or a revamped "American Panther" would make good over arching villains'. But she'd need formidable middle level villains' as well. Maybe even throw in a "New" female Senator Kelly. His daughter maybe.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think the "Running for Congress" rumour (as part of a whole list of very spurious rumours) was debunked by Brevoort himself.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I know Storm running for congress is a downgrade from Queen of Wakanda, and Regent of Arrako. However, Storm is the type of character where when she's written well her crown shines regardless of her position. But I think if they give Storm an all mutant campaign team , and an interesting villian, the series could work. My question though is who would make a good villian for a story like that, because all good comic runs have a great villian in them. I feel like the Shadow King could work, or a revamped "American Panther" would make good over arching villains'. But she'd need formidable middle level villains' as well. Maybe even throw in a "New" female Senator Kelly. His daughter maybe.
    I think someone said it best on Twitter. Storm running for congress or being associated with it is like Dr. Doom running for mayor or Los Angeles. Characters like Carol, Wanda have solos that are anchored around their power, why on earth would they do anything differently with Ororo?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think someone said it best on Twitter. Storm running for congress or being associated with it is like Dr. Doom running for mayor or Los Angeles. Characters like Carol, Wanda have solos that are anchored around their power, why on earth would they do anything differently with Ororo?
    My main problem with Ororo potentially being earth based is i can't see her walking away from her responsibility to Sol or for the other galaxy memebers that now know what Earth or earth mutants are capable of are just like "yeah that ended not so well for you so we'll give you a break. For that alone arrako needs to stay in some sense to add that buffer to sol but who knows. a lot of potential story there though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I think the "Running for Congress" rumour (as part of a whole list of very spurious rumours) was debunked by Brevoort himself.
    Yeah, he basically dared the X account to bet money on their "scoops."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's too bad BP didn't.

Y'all didn't deserve that silly season story telling. It's jacked up to see his legacy on that title being referenced when it was written so poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My main problem with Ororo potentially being earth based is i can't see her walking away from her responsibility to Sol or for the other galaxy memebers that now know what Earth or earth mutants are capable of are just like "yeah that ended not so well for you so we'll give you a break. For that alone arrako needs to stay in some sense to add that buffer to sol but who knows. a lot of potential story there though.
    That part, I don't see her walking away from it even though lord ewing alluded to that in the last issue.

I agree with this completely.

How are folks blaming Coates/Bartel for a solo the xoffices never allowed to go through ? It wasn't their fault, it was JD White and the xoffices who were at fault for any plot points Coates wanted to explore not moving beyond the BP books.
    How is it their fault when the x office never agreed to continue his story? It would be different if they had agreed to it but each office is allowed to tell the story they want, that doesn't mean other offices have to pick it up.

Incredible Member

The real question is what happened to Craig lol.
    Also storm is better in the BP comics. X-men got her back as a house mammy
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What some might be forgetting is that Voice of Sol, Regent of Mars were made-up on the spot titles by Brand (she admitted as much) as a means of having Storm "too busy" while she plotted Cosmic War. Those titles were meaningless, empty, irrelevant and completely unrecognised by everyone not a mutant. It certainly had no Earthly Governmental weight. So yes, ignore it, forget it and move on.

However...

What she's accomplished on Arakko and for the Arakkii during her time sitting on the Great Circle...that should never be forgotten or cast aside. Arakko is a much better place, its citizens whole and healing because of her and those aligned with her. She. Did. That.

That said...

Her job is done. As Mother, there's nothing more she can do other than let the Arakkii forge their destiny forward on their own. And I'm okies with that. She Came. She Created. She Changed. And as much as I would have loved for that chapter to continue...Brevoort and Co. have other plans.

I'm reservedly looking forward to seeing her in a new and different role...once it's not as boring, tedious and lack-lustre as that Madame Web excerpt made it out to be. And I hope Craig Marshall is with her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Just finished reading RoM and it was magnificent!

#goddess, #powerofcoates, #powerofewing, #iwin

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I agree with this completely.
    thanks friend!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    How is it their fault when the x office never agreed to continue his story? It would be different if they had agreed to it but each office is allowed to tell the story they want, that doesn't mean other offices have to pick it up.
    I dont know the behind the scenes but the fact that both Coates and Bartel were under the belief a solo was going to happen indicates some sort of agreement must have been made. Perhaps not a final one, but Jen personally told me one was in the works and to not worry.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    excellent points!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    The real question is what happened to Craig lol.
    Also storm is better in the BP comics. X-men got her back as a house mammy
    Voice of sol vs. Stormbot

Sorry, not sorry but you lost that one

The only thing I'm worried about. Will they treat the mutants of Arakko, like they did the Morlocks.

All the mutants get killed to show off Marvel's next big bad mutant threat.

Then we have to listen to Storm haters, talk about how she let another society of mutants die.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The only thing I'm worried about. Will they treat the mutants of Arakko, like they did the Morlocks.

All the mutants get killed to show off Marvel's next big bad mutant threat.

Then we have to listen to Storm haters, talk about how she let another society of mutants die.
    Lord Ewing said arakko is in good hands so I trust him in that.

Mighty Member

Also just finished ROM 3. It's a masterclass of the Bardo and the afterlife. So much discussion to be had on Wednesday. 9.5 out of 10, and yet I could read another 80 pages of it. It's a feast that leaves me addicted. How do we keep him for 5 more years?
    Last edited by OG Storm; 03-18-2024 at 08:54 PM.