Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

you know what, if its just as bad as we fear let's just ignore it, and let it be known to the writers that this is some intolerable bullshit, just like the solo before, they'll get the memo once they see nobody's buying, cause I'm bout tired of this bullshit,

"Goddess be Praised"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    That reads to me like Storm is once again stepping out of her leadership position. Sounds like Apocalypse is taking her place so she can be an earth bound politician... I pray I'm wrong but the writings on the wall.
    You're not wrong lord ewing foreshadowed it in the most recent issue of ROM.

I'm still on wait and see.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Just for fun list three things that are Red Flags for A Storm Solo.

1) Set in The Past
    2)Unknown Evil God Diety
    3) Low on Action&Feat
    Bonus(OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and just like that I'm over the solo...

Lol!!!! You’re funny. But is this from the new comic?

I’m remaining open-minded about most of the relaunch, but I can’t shake the feeling that this will be a bad era for Ororo. On top of the visual downgrade, her solos have never sold very well. If this one is truly about the dull life of a politician/diplomat then the tradition will continue. It will probably be cancelled after the first 10 or 15 issues, then editorial will scramble to find her a spot on one of the team books where she’ll be wallpaper because the writer had no intention of using her.

I wonder if the plan is to ground Storm on Earth because Marvel wants Jean to be the x-woman having cosmic adventures in space now.
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-15-2024 at 05:03 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Gail Simone on Twitter says that the creative teams working on Phoenix and Storm's solos are "AMAZING" (her word). We'll see.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Gail Simone on Twitter says that the creative teams working on Phoenix and Storm's solos are "AMAZING" (her word). We'll see.
    After Lord Ewing, that is going to be a feat to accomplish....

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

She has to say that. She just arrived to Marvel and she's going to be working with these people. Her options are either praise or keep quiet and Gail is never one to be quiet on social media.

We could be getting Gerry Duggan and Greg Land and it's "amazing".
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

So much wrong with this image. Her hair. The usage of a smartphone. Borrowing MCU Valkyrie’s suit. Just wrong on all accounts. And I usually like the Mohawk but jeebus give it a rest

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Agreed. Al Ewing raised the stakes too much that it would be needed ten miracles and ten pacts with Cthulhu in a row for the next writer to almost reach his portray of Storm.

Ultimate Member

She is probably telling the truth.

Mostly based on what the general plan is-it might be amazing. However after Al Ewing-a standard has been set.

Now the question is what he did with Storm make certain folks uncomfortable?

We saw this happen before see Photon-she lead the Avengers and got tossed by editorial. She STILL has not recovered after 40 years.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Yupp. That is the pictorial version of the response I gave. Marvel writers/editors and I clearly have very different opinions on who and what is "Amazing".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Seeing that promo image with the mohawk reminds me of Brevoort's answer about Storm where he said something like "I realize the way her hair has been drawn since the Krakoan era is culturally significant to her fans, and they're very passionate about it." Enter the straight stiff short mohawk for the 100th time. LOL I'm sorry but we keep letting Marvel play in our face.

We need to jump the bastard that keeps bringing up this hairstyle.

IMG_9141.jpg