Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    So, is anybody here is going to talk about Ro in Ultimate Black Panther?

Absolutely
    - Loved her entrance. Taking down a plane with a bolt of lightning and appearing as an elemental goddess was magnificent.
    -Her and Killmonger appear in West Africa protecting innocent civilians... love seeing her fight for just regular folks.
    -Killmonger refers to Ororo as his love so it appears they are an item

Now for observations
    -Killmonger refers to her as "Windrider". Assuming she never meets Xavier in this timeline, I wonder is she revered as a goddess and not considered a mutant. Killmonger does ask her to "bless" her assailants. seeing a potential what if ororo never encountered Xavier would be pretty nice to see.
    - T'challa and Okoye sleep in separate beds and they appear to be only together due to tradition. I was also left wondering if tchalla and ororo still met as children and fell in love as kids akin to 616. this may lead to a future love triangle down the line.
    - Wakanda is in East Africa if im not mistaken. Curious what drives ororo and her lover to Wakanda.
    - Ororo's early inclusion is further indication that ororo has transcended the xoffices and is also recognized as a character integral to wakandan/black panther lore. loves this and this only helps her reach more readers. #winning

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just binged read all of Red and Resurrection of Magneto so Im finally all caught up on Storm
    thoughts???
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-07-2024 at 08:02 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    We move. As always...
    absolutely... im totally down for her not appearing anywhere if it means poor characterization and lazy writing where she shoots lightning all the time. wallpaper storm im good on that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm very disappointed we're not getting an actual proper Ultimate X-Men book as part of that Universe. At least not from the onset but...just as with the foolish costumes, things might change later on.
    I feel like The Maker wants all the prominent mutants scattered. We know Storm will be dealing with the chaos MoonKnight creating throughout the continent, plus, she will be tied into Wakanda's business. So she's accounted for. Colossus and Yana are going to be villains. I think the next person will be Cyclops, whose path will be changed in a way that it wont' lead to him being an X-Man. Same as Jean. And Wolverine.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just binged read all of Red and Resurrection of Magneto so Im finally all caught up on Storm
    What did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes!!!

Yeah. Well, I mean, it's always fun to see new initial designs of any character. And these are all points of departure too. The designs that we have, the beautiful part about working in a universe like this, I don't have to just present a design of a character, and that's how the character remains. Designs can evolve, things can change. And so, the introduction you're getting to Eric and Ororo, Killmonger and Storm, in the story is just that: an introduction that shows you visually where they are in the current realm of the story. But as the story progresses and they get influenced by Wakanda, their design can change.

Goddess be Praised!
    So happy they will be getting rid of those god-awful outfits.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I feel like The Maker wants all the prominent mutants scattered. We know Storm will be dealing with the chaos MoonKnight creating throughout the continent, plus, she will be tied into Wakanda's business. So she's accounted for. Colossus and Yana are going to be villains. I think the next person will be Cyclops, whose path will be changed in a way that it wont' lead to him being an X-Man. Same as Jean. And Wolverine.
    Known 616 established mutants will be scattered and changed leaving the way open for an entirely new and different set of mutants to become that universe's X-Men? Okies...that will definitely pique my interest if it happens.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

the first image is variant cover for issue 3

it's time !!! witness divinity!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-08-2024 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    absolutely... im totally down for her not appearing anywhere if it means poor characterization and lazy writing where she shoots lightning all the time. wallpaper storm im good on that.
    Agreed. I also wanna add if she gonna be on any team Kitty Pryde is leading. The disrespect is real.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thoughts???
    Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    What did you think?

Overall Im not the biggest fan of Red but thats bc it focused so much on new characters I didnt know or care for. It just felt so seperate from the overall narrative to the point that was able to ignore it and not be lost bc very few developments from this became plot points elsewhere

As a Storm fan, I do appreciate what Ewing did, giving her purpose and making her feel important to something in a way she hasnt really been (at least not successfully in quite some time). Ranks up there in top 5 Storm writer (shoot probably top 3). Im ready for her to join the main plot though
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-08-2024 at 08:46 PM.

This made me laugh out loud. IMG_6011.jpg

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

An old one, courtesy of Uko Smith. If you have to draw Ororo with a mohawk, then please do make it a nice mohawk like this, not some kind of puffy, poodle bouffant.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I thought this was a nice rogue/storm scene from the latest aforce. Screenshot_20240210-115656.jpgScreenshot_20240210-115627.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    An old one, courtesy of Uko Smith. If you have to draw Ororo with a mohawk, then please do make it a nice mohawk like this, not some kind of puffy, poodle bouffant.
    On point. Do your thing Storm
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Interesting tidbit on the role the ‘Avatar of Life’ could serve, which could be an interesting path for Storm and/or a team of X-Men w/ her in the cosmic theater…

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-av...smic-opposite/