Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    me too. if only they got rid of the cockatoo hair it would have been flawless.
    I'm not that mad at it because I think a change was needed to make her not look like a white woman... but just a better change would have been ideal. God it really does look like the dang bird!

When '97 was first announced, the first thing I said was they should hire Russell Dauterman. Can you imagine if he was in charge of updating the characters??? Everyone would have been FLAWLESS.

Incredible Member

This issue! The feats! The story!

Storm was alive the whole time meaning every showing counts in the real world.

When Claremont said in that interview about Storm powers he meant it and Al just achieved it.

What can we do to keep this man?!!!!!

Incredible Member

IMG_3203.jpg

Like I said everything Storm does in the astral plane... Can be done in reality. So everything Storm is doing is power scaling to the physical reality too.

Ok X-men 97 is really good, Alison's voice is as rich and operatic as before, her cheekbones were literally on point, I'm not gonna lie I've moved past my reservations for The Hawk, she also has been confirmed to be an Omega, and the hawk as expected was used for the life&death Storyline that will eventually be touched on
    "Goddess be Praised"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Ok X-men 97 is really good, Alison's voice is as rich and operatic as before, her cheekbones were literally on point, I'm not gonna lie I've moved past my reservations for The Hawk, she also has been confirmed to be an Omega, and the hawk as expected was used for the life&death Storyline that will eventually be touched on
    But giving it to her before that even happens is so crazy to me lmao. If you’re gonna mess with her design, have it be something she does onscreen. For me, it’s ugly AND dramatically/thematically useless now lol.

Storm's action scenes in X-Men 97 were simply divine... especially the desert scene.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    ok x-men 97 is really good, alison's voice is as rich and operatic as before, her cheekbones were literally on point, i'm not gonna lie i've moved past my reservations for the hawk, she also has been confirmed to be an omega, and the hawk as expected was used for the life&death storyline that will eventually be touched on
    i screamed??
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Between 97 and ROM 3 this has been the best comic book wednesday in years.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I love Storm's storyline and where it is heading in X-men 97.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    But giving it to her before that even happens is so crazy to me lmao. If you’re gonna mess with her design, have it be something she does onscreen. For me, it’s ugly AND dramatically/thematically useless now lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Storm's action scenes in X-Men 97 were simply divine... especially the desert scene.
    I have been critical of this show, and the Storm design in particular, in advance of the show's debut. And while the mohawk came after a lot of amazing character moments in the comics(nearly dying from the Brood/the galactic core feat, and then returning to earth to see her connection with the planet/herself at odds, and then meeting Yukio in Tokyo) that we have not seen any indication of here, I was able to get past that and just enjoy this for what it was(and that lightning-sand-glass-tornado was EPIC!). That alone speaks to the strength of the show so far.

I look forward to seeing their interpretation of LifeDeath play out over the season. And while I hope she gets her powers back soon, I do hope we get a good knife fight or two in before that happens! Outback era X-Men for season 2? I know this is supposed to be "'97", but Mohawk powerless Storm and good guy headmaster Magneto make this more like "'84", so let's just move from there.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

I have to say I loved all of the Storm beats in X Men 97. I mean I hate what happened to her so shortly after the glorious moment versus the Sentinels and her recognition as both an Omega and goddess but the way that this show has executed things so far has been sheer perfection.

uhh and gambit, good lady almighty, him in that crop had me feeling things, i ain't gonna lie

"Goddess be Praised"

I feel like Resurrection of Magneto #3 is arguably the greatest single X-Men issue of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I feel like Resurrection of Magneto #3 is arguably the greatest single X-Men issue of all time.
    The more I think about it, this series was the perfect for Al to wrap up his time in the X-Office. Getting to do amazing character work and making insane lore connections uninterrupted by the wider happenings in the FoX.

My only hope is that those writing Storm and Magneto take the time to read these issues.

Amazing Member

Hello Everyone,
    What are storm feat for today.