Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, they can do a Iron Man/Spider-Man version of World's Finest.
    That would be pretty cool to see/read.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The mother anyway, yeah, Amanda Armstrong. She stuck around until midway through Slott's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I may not be remembering it correctly since it's been a minute but I think somewhere they brought up his biological father was some kind of AIM/Hydra agent.
    Hydra, yeah, and I think the first and/or last time he actually appeared in the present day was in Invincible Iron Man #600.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The only time the dad showed up had that Game of Thrones rushed vibe to it. You could tell Bendis was out of time and just wrapping things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't it done to introduce the 616 version of Arno (Iron Man 2020), who was Howard's real son? Of course Arno has become irrelevant now that 2020 is over.
    Yes. And it was quite stupid. Should've just hade Arno Stark far more in the future. As it makes no sense than putting him in the present with the sliding timeline at Marvel. Armored Adventures did a good job with it.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Yes. And it was quite stupid. Should've just hade Arno Stark far more in the future. As it makes no sense than putting him in the present with the sliding timeline at Marvel. Armored Adventures did a good job with it.
    Arno Stark always seemed like an Armor design in search of a character. Someone came up with the 'cool' armor design and then tried to retrofit a character to meet that. The problem was that while the design (shoulder cogwheels!) is more interesting than the character, the design itself isn't really that cool to begin with.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Arno Stark always seemed like an Armor design in search of a character. Someone came up with the 'cool' armor design and then tried to retrofit a character to meet that. The problem was that while the design (shoulder cogwheels!) is more interesting than the character, the design itself isn't really that cool to begin with.
    When they came up with 2020 specifically, that meant they were going to do something with him once we actually got near 2020

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Technically, Armored Adventures' future Iron Man/Stark descendant was Andros, who originally debuted in the sequel to that one arc where Iron Man and Doctor Doom ended up back in Camelot, only they ended up a century in the future --- some years before 2099, but close enough for Andros to be retrofitted by Armored Adventures as the Iron Man of 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    When they came up with 2020 specifically, that meant they were going to do something with him once we actually got near 2020
    Speaking of doing something with 2020, given how virtual reality is starting to make a comeback in this decade, who wants to bet the Virtual Armor from the finale of that run will come back, or Tony will make something similar down the line? And now that I bring up his armors, any thoughts on the new Mysterium Armor?

Amazing Member

I have two questions:

1. I heard that the Original Tony Stark was Robert Downey Jr. before the actor became a thing. A key trait the MCU is his snarking, was Tony Stark that much more snarkier in the comics?
    2. Outside of the Mandarin, what Iron Man foe has given Tony the most trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, Armored Adventures' future Iron Man/Stark descendant was Andros, who originally debuted in the sequel to that one arc where Iron Man and Doctor Doom ended up back in Camelot, only they ended up a century in the future --- some years before 2099, but close enough for Andros to be retrofitted by Armored Adventures as the Iron Man of 2099.
    You're right. I remembered wrong. Though, he was different because it was from Tony's line in the family. Unlike comics Arno and Andros. But I still think Arno should remain a future character unless you want him as a child or teenage son of Tony's cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    OMG! Still love that episode, though...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

The MCU may have cast Iron Man perfectly. But Armored Adventures nailed his world while it was sadly squandered in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I have two questions:

1. I heard that the Original Tony Stark was Robert Downey Jr. before the actor became a thing. A key trait the MCU is his snarking, was Tony Stark that much more snarkier in the comics?
    2. Outside of the Mandarin, what Iron Man foe has given Tony the most trouble?
    1) You heard incorrectly The comics version of Tony Stark was never really snarky at all before the movie came out

2) I’ll go with Kang the Conquerer as he popped into my head first
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Maybe the comics version can be explained as having been told he needs to quip more by Spider-Man? They were on the Avengers together in the comics when the MCU started, and therefore when the comics started basing him on Robert Downey Jr's portrayal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have two questions:

[*]Outside of the Mandarin, what Iron Man foe has given Tony the most trouble?
    Kang the Conqueror. He's killed Iron Man, and he's enslaved his mind, causing to him commit murder. He's kind of an odd case, since they only encounter each other in Avengers, not his solo book. But if Iron Man could be said to have a team-setting Arch-Enemy, that Arch-Enemy would be Kang the Conqueror.

Last edited by MichaelC; 03-09-2024 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    • Outside of the Mandarin, what Iron Man foe has given Tony the most trouble?
    I’ll go with Kang the Conquerer as he popped into my head first
    In agreement with both choices. As for me, Ultron would get my vote (especially, during recent times):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-09-2024 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Kang the Conqueror. He's killed Iron Man, and he's enslaved his mind, causing to him commit murder. He's kind of an odd case, since they only encounter each other in Avengers, not his solo book. But if Iron Man could be said to have a team-setting Arch-Enemy, that Arch-Enemy would be Kang the Conqueror.

Yeah . . . The Crossing was a rough time.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with both choices. As for me, Ultron would get my vote (especially, during recent times):

Indeed, and contrary to popular assumption, it was Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow, not the MCU, that first posited Tony as the creator of Ultron, with The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes making him more of Ultron's cocreator with Hank Pym, who was (still) the primary designer that originally intended Ultron for peacekeeping.