Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Young Justice 2024 Appreciation

Come one, come all! Fans of the ninties team by Peter David, Todd Dezago, and drawn by Todd Nauck and many others. But its not just the comics but the show given to us by Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti. While both have taken their hits throughout their runs, we can't forget why we love these kids.

And yes, the Bendis run is included.

Last edited by AJpyro; 01-01-2024 at 11:25 AM.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Happy New Year to the YJ team both in comics and cartoons .

Hoping DC can finally figure out a decent role for the YJ4 and that they allow the characters to be the young adults they should be already.
    Give me a book about this generation in their early 20s trying to become independent heroes/counting on each other’s support.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hoping DC can finally figure out a decent role for the YJ4 and that they allow the characters to be the young adults they should be already.
    Give me a book about this generation in their early 20s trying to become independent heroes/counting on each other’s support.
    I'd like a young adult Superhero book to contrast with Taylor's Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Still one of my all-time favorite.

Peace

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Come one, come all! Fans of the ninties team by Peter David, Todd Dezago, and drawn by Todd Nauck and many others. But its not just the comics but the show given to us by Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti. While both have taken their hits throughout their runs, we can't forget why we love these kids.

And yes, the Bendis run is included.

I miss these guys. I wish DC would give them another try with a writer that actually A) wants to write them B) knows the characters and their history and C) knows how to write well. For me, i would fill the team with Tim, Kon, Cassie and Bart then add Bunker, Tanya Spears and Empress, but that's just me of course. There's a place for the team and we need something so the last stinker of a mini isn't their last appearance together.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Yeah, Fitzmartin just didn't do her research. Writing Arrowette like she'd been out of touch with the team for years - when she'd actually rejoined the team in Bendis's run. Treating Empress as a part of the rogues gallery instead of a former team member. The fake Cassie was anachronistic - they used her second costume with the hair tied up instead of the first one with the black wig - due to that mistake the boys should've identified her as an imposter immediately. They also showed a bunch of "replacements" - actually LGBTQ and ethnic minority characters they're currently pushing. But some of them were actually well established.

The premise, the boys go missing and Cassie has to find them, that was fine (Cassie was already established as a detective in the Yara Flor Wonder Girl book and Trial of the Amazons event). The execution though, was awful and completely violated continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Fitzmartin just didn't do her research. Writing Arrowette like she'd been out of touch with the team for years - when she'd actually rejoined the team in Bendis's run. Treating Empress as a part of the rogues gallery instead of a former team member. The fake Cassie was anachronistic - they used her second costume with the hair tied up instead of the first one with the black wig - due to that mistake the boys should've identified her as an imposter immediately. They also showed a bunch of "replacements" - actually LGBTQ and ethnic minority characters they're currently pushing. But some of them were actually well established.

The premise, the boys go missing and Cassie has to find them, that was fine (Cassie was already established as a detective in the Yara Flor Wonder Girl book and Trial of the Amazons event). The execution though, was awful and completely violated continuity.
    Editorial shares the blame for allowing those mistakes to make it to the published book.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They should bring YJ back, stop treating them like children, and give them some good ass stories.

Cassie
    Conner
    Tim
    Jackson
    Empress
    M'Gann
    Stephanie Brown
    Bart Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They should bring YJ back, stop treating them like children, and give them some good ass stories.

Cassie
    Conner
    Tim
    Jackson
    Empress
    M'Gann
    Stephanie Brown
    Bart Allen
    It would be kind of awkward having Tim and Steph on a team together...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's life!

That's life!
    I can't deny that .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's life!
    It would actually give a talented writer the opportunity to do what Fitzmartin couldn't do and write a credible story as these two reconcile their history with their present. Do they come out the other side as friends or do they allow their history to build a wall between their present and move away from each other. Whichever it is, it should be written with more care for the characters than we got in that horrid series.

As such...who should write it? Who should draw it?
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It would actually give a talented writer the opportunity to do what Fitzmartin couldn't do and write a credible story as these two reconcile their history with their present. Do they come out the other side as friends or do they allow their history to build a wall between their present and move away from each other. Whichever it is, it should be written with more care for the characters than we got in that horrid series.

As such...who should write it? Who should draw it?
    Writer: Gail Simone
    Artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

I'd love to have a team of Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart, Anitta (really foccus on her magic), La'gaan, and maybe bring back Slo-bo and introduce M'Gann as a new member. Of course I'd love to see Cissie or Greta as well, but I'll respect their arcs being closed in the original run.

Peace