Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Braddock Family Appreciation 2024

Happy New Year!

In some ways the Braddock family grew in 2023 if we take into account all of the people currently living in Braddock Manor now
    Brian, Meggan, Betsy, Rachel, Jamie, Maggie, Pete Wisdom, Tom Lennox, Alison Double, Vicki Reppion, and Kevin Mulhearn.

Plus, as shown in the image above, the family is gathered at the Braddock Academy Interest Fair as the school is set to reopen. Hopefully we'll find out soon if that indeed did take place and what's going on at the manor now, located on Braddock Isle. This week I'll recap the latest developments from last year's Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain, and of course this thread will serve as an additional place to post the latest news about the family. Happy 2024!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Happy New Year to the true British Royal Family in comics .

I hope Brian gets his CB suit back soon.

Here it is! <3

I was waitng for this to come. I think I wanna get a Jsway commssion of Meggan and there was this really cool uniform of her sitting by the water that I really like that was like a version of the green and black. Does anyone remember the website where we can see all their uniforms?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Happy New Year to the Braddock family! Fingers crossed we get to read more of Betsy, Brian, Jamie, Meggan and Maggie in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Here it is! <3

I was waitng for this to come. I think I wanna get a Jsway commssion of Meggan and there was this really cool uniform of her sitting by the water that I really like that was like a version of the green and black. Does anyone remember the website where we can see all their uniforms?
    A Jsway Meggan would be amazing. Hmm was it this one?

If so I'll look for other images of it. There's also this one with more yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Happy New Year to the Braddock family! Fingers crossed we get to read more of Betsy, Brian, Jamie, Meggan and Maggie in 2024.
    Hear, hear!

You are awesome. It was that first one. Grazie gracias

Happy New Year to the most magical X-Men family! Here's to a strong showing for the Braddock clan in 2024!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Throwback Thursday: Captain Britain comes to the gates of Otherworld

It's very Lord of the Rings, nice and atmospheric, with a suitable feeling of dread. I think the Black Knight strip was a particularly nice piece of work for the time, and the three pages a week works for a quest story the way it wouldn't for anything which tried to juggle heroics with secret identity drama. In fact, now that I think about it, this quest kind of reminds me of the Narnian books Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Throwback Thursday: Captain Britain comes to the gates of Otherworld

It's very Lord of the Rings, nice and atmospheric, with a suitable feeling of dread. I think the Black Knight strip was a particularly nice piece of work for the time, and the three pages a week works for a quest story the way it wouldn't for anything which tried to juggle heroics with secret identity drama. In fact, now that I think about it, this quest kind of reminds me of the Narnian books Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair.
    "Next week - it happens! Death of a hero!" Brian and death go hand in hand, haha. How many times has he died and been resurrected?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    "Next week - it happens! Death of a hero!" Brian and death go hand in hand, haha. How many times has he died and been resurrected?
    Three that I remember: in the Black Knight strip, in the Jasper's Warp storyline, and in CB&MI:13.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This reminds me of those stories I read in Eerie and Creepy magazines which I absolutely LOVED!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

First Fan Art Friday of 2024! I may just post one or two images each week since we looked at so many last year.

Meggan redesign drawn by Jamie Fay and colored by a fan.

Another Jamie Fay redesign.

Just yesterday we learned that the upcoming X-Men Unlimited story, which includes Betsy, is going to run until the summer. This is very exciting because the story starts this Monday and it will be the longest single X-story that Steve Foxe has worked on. There's no telling how much of Betsy we'll see in it but he did say that she was "elevated to a larger role" and that it "grew probably fivefold." After witnessing fan excitement he reconsidered her original role. "Actually, I think she could have a much bigger role in this. It’s gonna serve the story, it’s going to make sense."

Both Foxe and Steve Orlando are very good at playing with continuity and referencing what has come before. With that said, I'm doing a brief recap of Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain to refresh my memory of what elements they might pull from. With a story so long (6-7 months) I feel good about the chances of the rest of the Braddock family appearing as well.

In BB:CB we got to see Betsy in her role as leader of the Corps as she interacted with members throughout the series.

Brian built a new computer system in the basement of the manor and used it, along with his intellect, to help out his twin and Rachel.

Braddock Manor was moved by Jamie himself to Braddock Isle, the contested piece of land broken off by Rictor and the druids. Military personnel and news reporters patrolled the area 24/7.

We were shown that both Betsy and Rachel could easily reach Otherworld without the need of Krakoan gates.

Betsy started having precognitive flashes while she was sleeping. While at first I thought this was solely because of her connection to the Corpsmen, she also had a flash when Captain Carter was in danger.

And finally as far as the first issue goes, Pete Wisdom and the STRIKE Psi Division moved into the manor.

Stay tuned...