Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to the true British Royal Family in comics .

I hope Brian gets his CB suit back soon.
    I'll add this to the things I want to see in 2024 right under "Fix Mr. Sinister"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I too would love to see Brian back in his CB costume but more importantly I want to see him utilized in a major way. No more years of limbo for him please.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Continuing with some of the developments from BB:CB that may be touched on or referenced in the upcoming Unlimited and/or Dead X-Men story.

Askani's displayed the ability of quickly sifting through the multiverse to identify Morgan Le Fay's next target. Betsy was then able to telepathically communicate with Brian despite being in another reality.

We got a taste of Betsy's increased durability since becoming CB when she took a vibranium shield to the face thrown by a super soldier Captain Carter.

And my favorite moment from issue #2, the return of her psychic knife which broke Carter free from Le Fay's spell.

Fanart Friday!

By Gary Frank.

"Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain" has been nominated for Outstanding Comic Book in the 35th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.
    Very cool.

https://glaad.org/mediaawards/35/nominees/

Throwback Thursday: Slaymaster tries on the CB suit

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post

"So fly" is one of my favorite panels in comics. Brian's connection to his suit was always such a cool thing.

The growing feud between Brian and Slaymaster serves as a blueprint of how it should be done, imo. It builds and builds until of course the mind-blowing conclusion resulting in Slaymaster's death after his attack on Betsy. It was disturbingly perfect.

I think it's time for the Vixen to return and to be utilized as a major villain against the Braddocks.

Fanart Friday!

2024 commissions have begun! By David Yardin.

That dialogue though is so good but is that good Brian or bad Brian. Who wrote this again?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That dialogue though is so good but is that good Brian or bad Brian. Who wrote this again?
    That's good Brian. The Crazy Gang and Slaymaster jumped him and captured him for the Vixen. It's from Captain Britain vol 2. #3 written by Jamie Delano.

The "so fly" line is indeed.
    I acknowledge that modern comics use awesome (superior!) art, but I'd return to art like this above in a beat. Less detailed perhaps, hopefully quicker (?), but better for the medium. IMHO.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    The "so fly" line is indeed.
    I acknowledge that modern comics use awesome (superior!) art, but I'd return to art like this above in a beat. Less detailed perhaps, hopefully quicker (?), but better for the medium. IMHO.
    There's something indeed special about these classic comics. Alan Davis is such an amazing storyteller too.

Pretty soon Betsy will be appearing in the Unlimited stories and according to co-writer Foxe, this is a continuous story arc going into the summer to coincide with the conclusion of the Krakoan era.

Because it's such a long story arc I hope we get to see Brian, Meggan, Maggie, and Jamie. Or at the very least I hope we're told where they are and what their status is.

Now that Orchis has even more openly declared war on mutants since Cyclops' "conviction", the family is in danger. It's possible Meggan, Maggie, and Jamie are in the White Hot Room with the other mutants currently lost but I feel like Brian wouldn't have let that happen. They could be safe in Otherworld or worst case scenario they've been captured and thrown in camps. I need to know more!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I think it's time for the Vixen to return and to be utilized as a major villain against the Braddocks.
    Agreed. Presumably by now she has regained her human form and has retaken control of her criminal organization which had been hijacked by Sat-Yr-9 and Nigel Frobisher.

Throwback Thursday: Brian learns about Jamie's crimes

I often wonder whether Alan Davis was partially inspired by British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's son Mark, who was involved in racing (he caused a lot of fuss in 82 when he and his team got lost in the desert during the Paris-Dakar Rally for six days), and who relied on his mother's name to get him work, and keep him out of trouble, for many years. He was much in the news back in the early eighties, though obviously never for anything so awful as Jamie's deeds (though in 2004 he did get arrested for funding a failed coup d'état in Equatorial Guinea!).

Throwback Thursday: Brian learns about Jamie's crimes

I often wonder whether Alan Davis was partially inspired by British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's son Mark, who was involved in racing (he caused a lot of fuss in 82 when he and his team got lost in the desert during the Paris-Dakar Rally for six days), and who relied on his mother's name to get him work, and keep him out of trouble, for many years. He was much in the news back in the early eighties, though obviously never for anything so awful as Jamie's deeds (though in 2004 he did get arrested for funding a failed coup d'état in Equatorial Guinea!).
    This is very interesting information. I wasn't aware of Mark and the similarities of the racing and getting lost in the desert. Thank you for always sharing your knowledge!