Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Fanart Friday!

J. Giampietro has been working on a Betsy piece inspired by the JSway redesign for CGAR's commission. These are from his Instagram stories, one of which he posted on X.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Throwback Thursday: Brian's parents are dead because he kissed a girl

This is kind of a weird revelation, that Brian was more outgoing before his parents were killed, and that he's shy because he blames himself for their deaths. I'm not really sure it fits in with what we've seen before or since, but it's seventies Marvel and probably written last thing on a Friday, so best not to think about it too hard. Also worth noting that making out in a convertible is a very American thing, in England it's constantly raining so soft-tops are unusual; and the English for 'wrench' is 'spanner'. Love that old melodramatic Marvel dialogue: "Yes, turn your head in shame, Brian Braddock... for by your absence, you murdered your parents... as surely as if you had thrown the switch!" - I feel if he'd only gone into television he could have been Jerry Springer before Jerry Springer.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Throwback Thursday: Brian's parents are dead because he kissed a girl

This is kind of a weird revelation, that Brian was more outgoing before his parents were killed, and that he's shy because he blames himself for their deaths. I'm not really sure it fits in with what we've seen before or since, but it's seventies Marvel and probably written last thing on a Friday, so best not to think about it too hard. Also worth noting that making out in a convertible is a very American thing, in England it's constantly raining so soft-tops are unusual; and the English for 'wrench' is 'spanner'. Love that old melodramatic Marvel dialogue: "Yes, turn your head in shame, Brian Braddock... for by your absence, you murdered your parents... as surely as if you had thrown the switch!" - I feel if he'd only gone into television he could have been Jerry Springer before Jerry Springer.
    LOL! Your commentary is always such a joy.

"If only you'd been shy that day - your parents might still be alive!" *audience gasps*

"Go ahead kill me! I no longer desire to live!"

Damn that Valerie Campbell.

Fanart Friday!

Commission by David Finch.

Commission by Dann Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Fanart Friday!

Commission by David Finch.

Commission by Dann Phillips.

I know, the "union jack" themed one is iconic, but I'm starting to like the lionheart better.
    (the amulet makes it look like some 90s rapper though)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Throwback Thursday: Mastermind tries the same trick again, Moore style

Alan Moore was clearly having a bit of fun revisiting the wackiness of the original 70's Mastermind story, the highlights being Brian's holographic doppelganger just brutally coming out and saying he's choosing having sex over saving his parents' lives, and Brian's holographic zombie-dad calling Valerie Campbell "that cheap little tart". No wonder Brian's holographic zombie-mum tells him to watch his language!

On the more serious side, the opening prologues with Linda McQuillan struggling with anxiety attacks that make her deform the bathroom handrail, the Fury standing over the grave where it killed Captain Britain, and Merlyn coldly speculating that Brian's resurrection might have left him insane are pretty great at reminding the reader that they're in for some serious stuff in the issues ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Throwback Thursday: Mastermind tries the same trick again, Moore style

Alan Moore was clearly having a bit of fun revisiting the wackiness of the original 70's Mastermind story, the highlights being Brian's holographic doppelganger just brutally coming out and saying he's choosing having sex over saving his parents' lives, and Brian's holographic zombie-dad calling Valerie Campbell "that cheap little tart". No wonder Brian's holographic zombie-mum tells him to watch his language!

On the more serious side, the opening prologues with Linda McQuillan struggling with anxiety attacks that make her deform the bathroom handrail, the Fury standing over the grave where it killed Captain Britain, and Merlyn coldly speculating that Brian's resurrection might have left him insane are pretty great at reminding the reader that they're in for some serious stuff in the issues ahead.
    Absolute horror. Moore kept adding layers and layers (Betsy/STRIKE and Slaymaster, Special Executive, Otherworld, Jaspers, etc.) and it all worked so well.

Fanart Friday! This was posted in the Betsy thread so I'm just bringing it over here.

Matt/Crimson Arts' new costume design for the Betsy Braddock: Agent of S.T.R.I.K.E. fan-comic.

Fanart Friday! This was posted in the Betsy thread so I'm just bringing it over here.

Matt/Crimson Arts' new costume design for the Betsy Braddock: Agent of S.T.R.I.K.E. fan-comic.

Yes for all of this: the costume, the pose, the hair, the butterfly and the idea of her in this role.
    A picture would last longer darling...

It is a really nice design and just a cool image altogether.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This works on so many levels and is just beautiful to look at.

Not sure if this has ever been shared.

Art by Angel Solorzano @ Tumblr.
    They have other Elizabeth and Rachel arts on their other socials.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    It has been on several occasions.

It's so cute and I hope Rachel doesn't set off the smoke alarm haha.

I enjoy Solorzano's work.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Rachel: Oh ****, my hair's on fire!
    Betsy totally unphased, continues to brush her teeth

I love it!