Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Rogue's powers wax and wane, as she has gone through several powersets. I wouldn't consider it a straight power-up, as some of her longest eras were when she was arguably weaker such as with Carey. As far as Gambit goes, he's remained more static. IMO it's less a regression, than writers just not being creative with his powers. He can still show off a ton of versatility but a lot of times people don't think outside the box with his abilities.

While Scott's optic blasts may be allowed to hurt "more", I would argue Remy should be able to handle himself a lot better in close quarters compared to Scott with his H2H experience, bo-staff and enhanced agility.

Right, I think KTs Rogue was powerful but wasn't as OP as people think. She did get knocked out or injured fairly frequently in Mr and Mrs X. Because of how short the run was, KT also didn't get show off Gambit as much either I think, since the story KT focused on were Rogue-cenetered. Gambit should be able to keep up with Rogue in terms of enemies, given the right tools and intuitiveness.

Let him use his charged bo-staff as a conduit more to hit-hard and make him more of a threat in close-quarters. His staff can be strong enough to deter metahumans as strong as Rogue.

As well as allow him to delay explosions to use in more situations and show off his intelligence.

Heck maybe also allow Remy to access tuned down versions of New Suns abilities like slowing down the kinetic potential of an object or simulating stopping time since he did get resurrected post-Otherworld and might not have the inhibitors Sinister had originally placed anymore.

Writing Gambit as a one-trick pony who just throws playing cards is not using him to his full potential at all and why I think the gap seems as large as it is, when it shouldn't be.
    Well I could go on, with several members of the X-men as examples, as this intrigues me. Still I rather start a separate thread for it. I think we agree on most things. At least it reads so to me.

Oh I was using Stephanie Phillips mini as an example, if that was not clear or indeed clear then apologies. Just for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Well I could go on, with several members of the X-men as examples, as this intrigues me. Still I rather start a separate thread for it. I think we agree on most things. At least it reads so to me.

Oh I was using Stephanie Phillips mini as an example, if that was not clear or indeed clear then apologies. Just for clarification.
    I think mostly agree too, sorry I just tend to get long-winded with explaining my POV lol.

Here's hoping Gail gives us a balanced, better written and more threatening Remy and team in general.

Since this is the Rogue thread, I won't wade into this too deep, but I want to say that I totally agree re: writers having trouble portraying Gambit as dangerous as he actually is. The beauty of the Gambit/Rogue dynamic is that they balance each other out in terms of their fighting abilities, so if they come off as unbalanced in an action scene, it's down to the writer not using the characters' skill sets properly.

Anyway, anyone want to venture a guess as to what Rogue will be up to in the next episode? The more I think about episode 7, the more I'm in awe of it. I hope she doesn't fade into the background too much and that her role is too pivotal to spoil in that last trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Since this is the Rogue thread, I won't wade into this too deep, but I want to say that I totally agree re: writers having trouble portraying Gambit as dangerous as he actually is. The beauty of the Gambit/Rogue dynamic is that they balance each other out in terms of their fighting abilities, so if they come off as unbalanced in an action scene, it's down to the writer not using the characters' skill sets properly.

Anyway, anyone want to venture a guess as to what Rogue will be up to in the next episode? The more I think about episode 7, the more I'm in awe of it. I hope she doesn't fade into the background too much and that her role is too pivotal to spoil in that last trailer.
    Gambit definitely gets underestimated as a fighter but as a couple I do enjoy the contrast as well. Rogue may excel at brute-forcing matters but Gambit can handle stealth, charm and delicate matters better.

I honestly have no idea what to expect in the next episode. Either she demands Cable to go back and fix the past or she gets upset and leaves the team for a bit to go after Bastion herself would be my guess, but they could surprise me. We should see the absorbed knowledge she got from Gyrich come into play at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Ditto. With or without the jacket, The Light Brigade RULES!

Seriously underrated! And still looks cool! Silvestri was one hell of a designer!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah